Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I see ITTers on a map, and for the longest time my brain would start with her in Texas and then have to move up to Oregon.  Fortunately she is now actually in Texas and my brain map is at peace.

And she's famous for her incredible eyebrows.  She won't come and do mine, though.  Humph.

My girlfriend used to do my eyebrows. They don't look like that anymore.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I always forget which ITT'ers are really young and which of us are "older".    She is clearly one of the baby ITTers.  

I am THE baby! That's why I'm so needy. Lana's younger but she's not here, so goo goo.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Wah! Somebody needs to come see me! 

On second though, no. Probably best not. I'd have to clean the house and actually repair the front porch stairs. Which I don't want to do. It's hot and sunny outside.

I’ve always wanted to come visit you, Critter. You could take Me out in your boat and teach me to paint.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What age range qualifies as older or younger? Pretty sure I'm in between but at the older end.

I'm not sure.  Maybe if you could have grandchildren or are past the having babies stage?   I'm not sure it's a clear cut line.  

I'm definitely one of the olders.  I don't think I'd be able to claim the "younger" title no matter how it was defined.  🤣🤣😂

• Like 2

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

By this definition, it's still clear as mud. I'm old enough to have grandkids, but my body hasn't gotten the memo. Apparently, my twenties were for "practice," my thirties were for, "A-HA! THAT's how it's done," and my early forties are for, "let's shift into fertility overdrive!" 😁😂🤣

I will have had kids from 24-34, and I'm closing up shop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No Grandkids yet, but it's definitely possible.   Oldest dd is 26.  I'm turning 51 in July and dh is turning 64 in August so we are definitely "older" parents.  At least, according to oldest dd - dh is about the same age as most of her friend's parents and I'm "young", while I'm about the same age as some of my younger kid's friend's parents.   I'm just weird because of the huge gap between my kids (11 years between #1 and #2).  

• Like 1

I'm 46.5, so I guess I'm in the middle. 

I got a call from my daughter at 9:18am with her asking me to take her to the hospital. After the 1 hour round trip (she's 30 minutes away and the hospital is in our city, none in hers), a Rona test, and 1.5+ hours more, she was declared in preterm labor and admitted. She's resting now, having eaten another meal and receiving another round of IV fluids. She's not dilating, but contractions are steady. I'm back at home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh my goodness! Are they trying to stop labor or are they going to just go with it and see what happens? I've never had a baby early before so I don't know the SOP for this. I'm praying for Dancer and Baby Dancer!

I had to leave while she was in triage, so this part is second-hand info from her. She told me that if it progresses, they are not going to try to stop it.

While I was there, they gave the first shot this afternoon to help mature the baby's lungs. That nurse said they try to keep the baby inside as long as possible, but no talk of trying to stop contractions. I left confused.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Renai said:

I had to leave while she was in triage, so this part is second-hand info from her. She told me that if it progresses, they are not going to try to stop it.

While I was there, they gave the first shot this afternoon to help mature the baby's lungs. That nurse said they try to keep the baby inside as long as possible, but no talk of trying to stop contractions. I left confused.

I'm confused, too.

Prayers for Dancer and Baby.

• Like 3

Audible. I got...
All 4 Tom Sawyer books
Now we are 6
King Arthur
Complete Sherlock
Three Musketeers, iron mask and Monte Cristo
Around the world in 80, mysterious island and 20,000 leagues

All unabridged and 4.5 stars and up. I have never read iron mask or mysterious island.

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

All unabridged and 4.5 stars and up. I have never read iron mask or mysterious island.

Some parts of the Mysterious Island are beautifully written. Some parts make me want to gouge out my eyeballs. Also, I was uncomfortable with the storyline that had to do with a gorilla that was found on the island and pressed into servitude. o_0

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

How close are you to 40?  If our Great Western Road Trip is rescheduled, we could meet you somewhere and you wouldn't have to clean or repair.

Dd13 wouldn't leave either.  

It's not nice to ask a lady's age, although it looks like we're all 'fessin' up in a few posts anyway, lol.  (Oh, you meant the Interstate, lol!)

14 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I always forget which ITT'ers are really young and which of us are "older".    She is clearly one of the baby ITTers.  

I'm definitely in the older category!  

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm an older.  50.  Schooling some kids and graduated 2.  No grandchildren.

Twinsies!  This is me exactly!

9 hours ago, Renai said:

I'm 46.5, so I guess I'm in the middle. 

I got a call from my daughter at 9:18am with her asking me to take her to the hospital. After the 1 hour round trip (she's 30 minutes away and the hospital is in our city, none in hers), a Rona test, and 1.5+ hours more, she was declared in preterm labor and admitted. She's resting now, having eaten another meal and receiving another round of IV fluids. She's not dilating, but contractions are steady. I'm back at home.

Praying for Dancer!

8 hours ago, Paige said:

My twins were 33 weeks. 33 weekers tend to do really well. 💕 Still, I hope they can stop it for now and that both of them stay as healthy as possible.

Hi Paige!  So nice to see you!  And sweet to post hopeful information!

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

I’m 44, with DS14. I was in the middle growing up and I guess I’m a middle here.

I was a middle.  The middle is good.  You can be awesome without a lot of interference.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got a midnight call that she was being transferred. I she spoke, I let her know I was getting dressed and on my way. She was like, mom, I don't know if they'll let you in. I was like, don't worry, I'll be there. Got there, went to the emergency room, I got checked, and told to take the secret outdoor elevator to the 1st level, then have security let me in the building. 😄  Told you, I'd be there.

So, she was starting to dilate (was at 1.1 cm) and they had her on magnesium. When I asked why it wasn't started earlier, the doctor said because they only like to use it if the contractions are doing something, and they weren't at first. They were transferring her to Albuquerque because there are better facilities (nicu) just in case the baby comes. She can only have one person with her once she is in active labor, so I went home once they took her, and let her boyfriend know he'd be with her so he's on guard. She's not in active labor yet.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thank you for the update. The hospitals here are also only allowing 1 person in the room during active labor. I'm really hoping this changes before the baby comes because I'll pick DH over my labor coach (she's been with me every time) hands down. He keeps me calm just by being in the room. But as a coach telling me to focus, breathe, ect.... he stinks. Lol. I really do need them both.

She's having a hard time with that decision but is handling it well (I think, I'm not there). But the boyfriend wants to be there when the baby is born, so...

Did I mention the baby is a little over 3 pounds? The reason for possible nicu time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I can understand that. Some dads want to witness the birth, especially if it's their first. DH is ok with either. He's happy to go knowing and honored that just his presence alone helps me so much. He doesn't watch the birth part, but is my support and advocate when I'm in pain and unable to think clearly. He also makes sure my wishes are followed rather than ignored by some of the medical staff. He's also more than willing to stay home and take care of Oldest and Youngest if I'd prefer not to have someone come over to watch them. We don't have much family/close friends nearby. For us, it's really just a matter of making a definite plan so we know what we're doing when the time comes.

It's not his first. He met my daughter within a month or two of his first being born.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

There's another thread on the chat board about a MIL planning to move in with her kids. I can feel the grey hairs just forming. MIL tells us every few years that she's going to moving in with us soon, we have a huge fight, I'm the bad guy that's singlehandedly destroying her family, then she forgets the whole thing and we do it again a few years later. She told me recently that we'll be discussing her retirement plans (again) soon and she really expects me to listen this time. No. You are not welcome here. Go away.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

One of the highlights of moving to a place with cold snowy winters. My father and stepmother THOUGHT about it. That was remedied with one strategically planned midwinter visit before we renovated, insulated, and replaced windows in many rooms of the house.

She literally said "I will never move to Texas" and started planning on it a few months later. We constantly complain about the 100+° weather (while we're out enjoying it).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

(((Renai))) I didn't know. The friends I mentioned who recently had their first grandbaby are in a similar situation. Their daughter's first but not her boyfriend's first. I wish you could be there with her. I'm going to ask my Dr if there's any way that DH or birth coach can be in the waiting room so they can swap off as needed or something. Chances are, the answer is going to be no but it's at least worth asking. It's not like I'm asking for an Army sized audience, kwim?

Um, didn't expect a Booya(h) so not sure how to classify this one.

See, we were hoping it could be something like that - switching off. But, my daughter asked and they told her one person. The hospital where she started at spelled it out specifically on a sign, "one visitor per day."

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Renai said:

For good news, the baby seems heavier than originally thought: 4 lbs, 5oz.

That is really good news!

Estoy orando para todos ustedes.  (Translation for ITT'ers who don't speak Spanish:  I'm prayin' for all y'all.)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

So maybe a strategically planned vacation for her to visit you when the A/C isn't working properly, no pool in working order to visit, and lots and lots of family outdoor activities such as kids sports games planned that she can't get out of? 😂

I'm afraid she'll come in the summer and decide it's not that bad. She wanted to come this summer, with our apartment kept at 68, our 3 pools, our membership to the water park... so we told her we're afraid the heat would land her in the hospital and she's coming out in November. I hope it's 90 and she's miserable and we can talk about how cool it is compared to the horrible, evil summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I was referring to the kids! 😂 No way would mine be tired at that time of day. As for us preggers peoples, anytime is a good time for bedtime!

#30moreminutestilYoungest'bedtime!

But we went to all of the places last week! They should be tired!

• Like 2