Menu

Ignore this thread!

The flower girl was 18 months old and there were like no people at the wedding so after she dropped the pedals she ran back and the bride carried her out when she came. Then when the bride and groom kissed we clapped and she thought it was over so she threw her bucket, yelled "Yay!" and ran out the door and her mom who was the maid of honor had to run after her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I went to bed at 12:30 last night and was asleep by 1.  And slept until 8!  (And woke up with a headache..., but I'm trying to ignore that for the moment.)  A normal night's sleep!

That's worth celebrating!  (but quietly....)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

That's worth celebrating!  (but quietly....)

Yes.  When I told dh how well I slept he was both pleased and surprised.  He said that it has been weeks since I've had even one night of normal sleep.

• Like 3

Morning.  I have an appointment Wednesday to see about my computer.   So now I'm going to have to get at least some files off the shared drive and put them on this little dinky thing.   Or do no work for my classes for 3 days and maybe another few days if I have to order a new computer.   Not like there isn't off-line stuff I can do.  Still need to box up books for new flooring.  

I've been sleeping okay.  Going to bed at a decent time and waking up at a decent time, which is good I guess.   I've been having weird dreams that I'm actually remembering, and today I have a headache.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Slache said:

The flower girl was 18 months old and there were like no people at the wedding so after she dropped the pedals she ran back and the bride carried her out when she came. Then when the bride and groom kissed we clapped and she thought it was over so she threw her bucket, yelled "Yay!" and ran out the door and her mom who was the maid of honor had to run after her.

I love it!

• Like 3

Good morning!

I dreamed last night that it was late September and I had to decide if I wanted to jump into public school (12th grade?) a month late or continue homeschooling.  I had all the books needed so I chose public school.

Dd13 and I are playing for all three services this morning, so we will be here at church for a good long time. 

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!,!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

I feel like such an old lady waking up in pain. 

Our church is opening up this morning with an outdoor service, but we are staying home. DH doesn’t want to go, and I don’t really either. I don’t know why.  Anyhow, we will watch live stream.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Slache said:

This was me at a wedding. Only is was my wedding and they sort of frown on brides hitching up their skirts and saying, "Are we done now? Because I've got stuff to do."

• Haha 5

I am up. Not quite awake. Working on it. Back to back days of travel and long, tiring days are rough on me. But one more week and I'm done with that for a while. I have to clean my filthy house this week. I don't want to clean filthy house. I think I need a need a bigger flyswatter and maybe a baseball bat if I head into the closet this week.

• Like 2

If you were involved in classes or coops or something that has registration and fees, would you find it weird if they weren't accepting payments until August this year?  Classes start a week after Labor Day which is September 14th, so that opens payments up 6-7 weeks before classes start.   The vast majority of my students don't register until fairly last minute, but I've told a couple of new people about the wait.  I'm just wondering if that is weird.  I'm still penciling them in on the roster so the spots are held, at least for a little while.

• Like 2

I dreamed that robots were taking over the world by simultaneously tromping everything to death and covering everything with a layer of melted metal.  I got separated from everyone I knew and it was too dark to see anything.  But then someone said we would be safe in an elevator.  I was pretty sure they were wrong, but what choice did I have?  Then afterwards, there was a window in the elevator (not sure where that came from), so we broke it and got out.  😆

And then in the real world, we were almost late to church, but we weren't.  And Church was lovely.  And I made myself a spinach, mushroom, swiss cheese omelet when I got home.  yummy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Where's Toto? said:

If you were involved in classes or coops or something that has registration and fees, would you find it weird if they weren't accepting payments until August this year?  Classes start a week after Labor Day which is September 14th, so that opens payments up 6-7 weeks before classes start.   The vast majority of my students don't register until fairly last minute, but I've told a couple of new people about the wait.  I'm just wondering if that is weird.  I'm still penciling them in on the roster so the spots are held, at least for a little while.

I think a lot of people would be glad to pay later, especially if you send out an email reminding them when it's time.  Plus, if you're holding their spot, I don't see what the down side is.  

• Like 3

I went to Publix because I thought there was a chance they'd have low sugar pectin.  They don't have ANY pectin, unless they keep it away from the rest of their canning supplies, which wouldn't surprise me.  I hate Publix.  It's just s small step above AFSA for me, and closer to my house.  I am grumpy because I woke up at 3 and didnt get to sleep until 5:30 snd I had to get up st 6.  Then spparently I said something out of place and got the blank repsonse from the music director st church snd now my iPad keyboard is being stupid.  Pizza will be done soon.  Pizza makes everything better.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

This summer particularly, I think people would appreciate having a little extra time to coordinate financial obligations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I went to Publix because I thought there was a chance they'd have low sugar pectin.  They don't have ANY pectin, unless they keep it away from the rest of their canning supplies, which wouldn't surprise me.  I hate Publix.  It's just s small step above AFSA for me, and closer to my house.  I am grumpy because I woke up at 3 and didnt get to sleep until 5:30 snd I had to get up st 6.  Then spparently I said something out of place and got the blank repsonse from the music director st church snd now my iPad keyboard is being stupid.  Pizza will be done soon.  Pizza makes everything better.

Sounds like the ENB needs to talk to your music director about your amazing talents and your willingness to serve.  I'm sure he just had a covid season induced momentary lack of judgement.  We can fix that.  And yes, for everything else, there is pizza.  

• Thanks 1

My pastor tricked me into praying during the church service tonight.  (It's ok, I don't really mind much.)

A few weeks ago he asked me to pray during our zoom church service -- he generally asks most of the members who are attending -- he wasn't singling me out.  I told him that my Spanish wasn't good enough for me to be able to pray.  (I usually have to think of anything I'm going to say ahead of time and look up a word or two.)

Tonight he asked the other members if they understood enough English for me to pray in English instead of Spanish.  And I understood all of this enough to know that he wanted me to pray.   Maybe I should have just said, "No entiendo."  (I don't understand.)  But it would have been a lie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Sounds like the ENB needs to talk to your music director about your amazing talents and your willingness to serve.  I'm sure he just had a covid season induced momentary lack of judgement.  We can fix that.  And yes, for everything else, there is pizza.  

Truly, I'm sure he just had more important things on his mind than whatever I was babbling about.  I need the cranky pants.

• Like 2

We made Ice Cream In A Baggie.

1 quart sized freezer bag        
1 gallon sized freezer bag                
-----------
1C half & half           
2T sugar or equiv. sugar substitute        
1/2 tsp vanilla           
-----------
3C ice cubes        
1/3C salt (table salt is fine)    

In the quart sized bag, mix half & half, sugar, and vanilla.  Squeeze out air and seal bag closed.  Place quart sized bag in gallon sized bag and add ice and salt.  Squeeze out air and seal gallon sized bag.  Gently squish ice around inner cream bag until soft ice cream forms, about 5 minutes.  (Wearing gloves will help prevent freezing your hands off.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We had Sunday School on Zoom tonight. Since our church opened up and also had streaming (at a different time) we couldn’t find a good time on Sunday morning. So, it was tonight at 8:00.

Night school!

• Like 2

Grandma's funeral was yesterday, via zoom. We're driving up to Idaho to bury her today.

Not looking forward to the drive but I am looking forward to seeing a few relatives in person. Nobody lives in Idaho anymore but it's where she and grandpa grew up, there's a pretty little cemetery up on a hill in a tiny little town.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, maize said:

Grandma's funeral was yesterday, via zoom. We're driving up to Idaho to bury her today.

Not looking forward to the drive but I am looking forward to seeing a few relatives in person. Nobody lives in Idaho anymore but it's where she and grandpa grew up, there's a pretty little cemetery up on a hill in a tiny little town.

(((Maize)))  I'm sorry.  

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩

It’s supposed to get hot again this week.🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️😩😩

I totally overslept this morning. Don’t really care. The kids are on summer vacation. I have work to do, though.

Woke up again 4:00am to skunk smell wafting through the open windows. That was delightful.

Oh, and it’s our anniversary today. We’re not doing anything tonight. I have a drive-through birthday party to go to for one of my students.  So, I think I will have the girls make a big card on poster board to hang out of the car as we drive by. I don’t know the etiquette for these things.

((Maize))

• Like 3

Morning. I woke up tired. But caffeine is here to sort me out.

Writing a lot today. I think I just found the baby birds that left the nest yesterday. I believe they are in my maple tree in the front yard. The young cat is going crazy with chattering she's so hungry for bird. (Not hungry--she has all the cat food she wants. She just wants to hunt birds)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I think it's sweet that they want to recognize, support, and encourage you. Some (including myself) would struggle with this and feel singled out and/or embarrassed by the attention. But I'm learning (with DH's help) that this is the way many well meaning and beautiful people show their genuine desire to welcome and show acceptance.

Yes, that's why I said I didn't really mind (much).

I'm not really comfortable praying in public to start with.  And the way the people in this church pray!  I had tears running down my face a few weeks ago as one of the ladies was praying.   I have been a Christian since I was 5 or 6 and I still don't pray the way that some of the people in this church pray.  I know that we are not to compare -- and I'm really not -- but it is humbling.

I have really enjoyed going to Spanish church while in quarantine.  (Logistics make it easy to go to both the English and Spanish services.)  Those logistics are going to eventually change and I am going to miss going to Spanish church so often.  (Prior to the lockdown I had been attending on Wednesday evenings only.)

The iglesia has been very welcoming.  I still feel like a bit of an outsider, but that it the fault of the language barrier, not the fault of anyone there.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

I was almost late for my mandolin lesson because apparently Microsoft kicked me out of something and I couldn't get into Skype.  Made it just in time.  Today we worked on arpeggios (they are exactly the same notes as on violin, so I can do arpeggios in my sleep, but they feel much different on mandolin) and we played Farther Along and worked on improvising melodies on Boil 'Em Cabbage and Will the Circle Be Unbroken, and a little bit on chop chords.  This week I'll practice some blues exercises and try making connections between arpeggios, chord hand-frames, and improvising melodic lines.

Coconut Chicken Curry soup for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1