Menu

Ignore this thread!

47 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Go for it!  What do you have to lose?

I read. And didn’t fall asleep. Almost, but not quite. It doesn’t help that I out on soft jammies and am laying on the bed propped up by soft pillows and have my cozy Afghan to snuggle up under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Ugh.  Reminds me of the frozen dead owl DH found on the way home from work a few years ago.  He saved it in a snowbank for a nature study that (thankfully) never happened, and I finally made him dispose of it after a spring thaw.  

I...*may* have done similar things a time or two...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So tomorrow we’re going to a memorial “service” at a restaurant. (Sort of an Olive Garden type of a place). Most of the family is not religious. But the lady who invited us goes to our church. She wears nice slacks to church. So do I wear my black dress?  Or do I wear my infamous black Target pajama pants with my nice new flowy sweater that dh got for me on vacation?  (I hate making clothing decisions.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our former cat made friends with a wild bunny and sat with him every day out on the lawn for over a year before the rabbit let down its guard and our cat killed it. The kids and I dissected it. 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Junie said:

I just spent a half an hour plus helping the little girls clean up their craft area.

Thankfully, there is chocolate in the house.

You made it out alive!  Congratulations!  And thank you for following regulations...

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So tomorrow we’re going to a memorial “service” at a restaurant. (Sort of an Olive Garden type of a place). Most of the family is not religious. But the lady who invited us goes to our church. She wears nice slacks to church. So do I wear my black dress?  Or do I wear my infamous black Target pajama pants with my nice new flowy sweater that dh got for me on vacation?  (I hate making clothing decisions.)

New sweater!

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet and I hiked earlier. I am lying here in throbbing pain tonight. I am so tired that I can’t sleep. Just got up for pain reliever. 

Were you able to get some relief/sleep?  

• Like 2

Good morning!

Its Saturday!  I might go to Old Navy today.  I have never been to an Old Navy before but they are having a sale and I might see if they have something for dd11.  I am hoping dds didn't freeze last night.  It got down to 21 degrees, which is 16 degrees lower than my camping cold limit of acceptance.  They had double cold-weather sleeping bags and all the layers.  It's supposed to be mid-50's and sunny today, though! :smile:  We're going for a hike.  I need to do Some Things which I have been avoiding - 2 emails and tax refiling.

Coffee!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Weird pregnancy dream:  woman claiming to be my dh’s ex was all over him. I confronted her and she said she was going to steal my man. I was going to kick her butt but then I remembered I shouldn’t be getting in fistfights while pregnant.  Woke up angry. 

No elephant ninjas? No bazookas?

That IS a weird dream. Huh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Morning.  Happy Saturday.   I"m getting ready to get to work cleaning my house.  Then I have to work on classes for this coming week.  I've been relaxing and lazy all week so now I have to do it all this weekend.    I want to get as much of the next 6 weeks planned out as possible.   Life is easier when I've planned ahead.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our former cat made friends with a wild bunny and sat with him every day out on the lawn for over a year before the rabbit let down its guard and our cat killed it. The kids and I dissected it. 

I think there’s a life lesson in there somewhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Pants and sweater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Weird pregnancy dream:  woman claiming to be my dh’s ex was all over him. I confronted her and she said she was going to steal my man. I was going to kick her butt but then I remembered I shouldn’t be getting in fistfights while pregnant.  Woke up angry. 

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Nah, in my dream I was planning on doing it old school, pulling her har and tackling her to the ground and sitting on her. 

I’m gonna stay away from you!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I think it's safe to say that I will never willingly set foot in an Old Navy again.  Their clothes are delightful, but the store is so freaking crowded and visually busy.  I went next door to Ross and probably won't go bck there either.  There was a sign on their dressing rooms redirecting customers to the non-existent dressing rooms at the front of the store.  So after that I stopped by my favorite thrift store and got myself a pair of $4 dress pants in my favorite color.  (Brown)  I now have 5 pairs of brown dress pants, but only 2 that fit me.  I should donate the others.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well, I think it's safe to say that I will never willingly set foot in an Old Navy again.  Their clothes are delightful, but the store is so freaking crowded and visually busy.  I went next door to Ross and probably won't go bck there either.  There was a sign on their dressing rooms redirecting customers to the non-existent dressing rooms at the front of the store.  So after that I stopped by my favorite thrift store and got myself a pair of $4 dress pants in my favorite color.  (Brown)  I now have 5 pairs of brown dress pants, but only 2 that fit me.  I should donate the others.

Old Navy the Store is butt. I shop online from them.

• Like 2

I had a vegan breakfast. It was good. Avocado toast with roasted chick peas. I am not going vegan, although I would like to. I am trying to have the attitude of replacing meals with a vegan meal from time to time, and hopefully I will pick up steam. I am finding that I cannot handle/sustain major changes in lifestyle. I need to work on small changes and habits. Yoga has definitely stuck with me. 2 quarts of water daily is a struggle, but I am working on it. Cutting sugar out has been hard, but I am working on it. I am hoping that heading toward vegan will help my hormonal issues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you get any rest, Jean?

Yes. The pain meds helped. I am still battling excess inflammation caused by my “healthy “ hike. So my sugars are elevated and my throat is inflamed (not from sickness). Just one of those “wonderful “ things associated with being me. 
put up a thread on the chat board (aka the sea) about my health and weight. Responses have all been helpful and kind. 

• Like 6

Score one for the thrift shop. DD1 needed a 1933- style (whatever the heck that is) fabric coat for the school play she is in.  She found something she thought would work on Amazon for $37 + $5.99 shipping. I had already bought a white shirt and black shoes. So, today we went to the thrift shop and found something that should work for......

wait for it.....

$1.

Woohoo!!

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Mmmm. I haven't had coleslaw in ages.

I feel as though I have accomplished something monumental.  Dh, who has always been rather vocal over his hatred of coleslaw, tasted my coleslaw and then proceeded to put a large helping into his bbq sandwich!  Svengo.  First pickles, now coleslaw!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I cleaned and reorganized and now it should be much easier to plan and grade school work.  And do some of my class planning that doesn't do as well on my lap as a recline on the couch.  So, yah for a cleared off table.

I watched Avengers End Game, and Spiderman Far From Home, and Zombieland Double Tap.   I borrowed them from the library to watch this weekend while dh was away.  He's not into the Marvel movies.  He'll watch them but then he'll make fun of them while we're watching and that annoys me.  So I watch without him. 

Tomorrow I have to do more school planning, run by the science center, run to the store to pick up foam for 4-H so we can make our banner.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

No. I never knew that was a thing.

I made it up just now.  Just kidding. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Memorial service was good. I was dressed appropriately. (Always a worry of mine)

:smile:

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Because I’m out of cheez its. Will you get me some Cheez Its?

And some white cheddar Cheez Its?  Those are my favorite!

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

That sounds like summertime and childhood memories to me. Will you post your recipe? None of the stores sell it here and I've never made it myself.

1/2C apple cider vinegar
1/4C honey
Sea salt to taste
1/4C EVOO or avocado oil
2T dijon mustard
6C shredded cabbage
1/2C grated carrots
1/2 d bell pepper diced
1/2C diced sweet onion
1 tsp caraway or celery seed
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Whisk together first 5 ingredients for the dressing.  Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.  Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.  (I used celery seed and about 8C cabbage and did not add carrots, bell pepper, or onion due to raw food sensitivities.)  

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I had pineapple grilled, too, not over a campfire. Sorry for lying.

That's OK - I was thinking if it was delicious grilled, it might work over a campfire.  Because fire.

39 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Fell down the stairs. Left ankle is in pain but I can bear weight on it. 

:ohmy: That's so scary!  And painful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I'm excited about a new online associates degree program from one of our state colleges--it's at your own pace, performance based like WGU--still under development so details are lacking but my understanding is you can keep working on a course until you pass all assessments for that course, but once you do show mastery of the material you pass the course with an "A"/4.0 GPA that would be transferable to other state schools. This relieves my primary stress over dual enrollment in high school which is the permanency of that college GPA if the child doesn't do well.

Supposedly this will be available for fall semester this year. If it works out my high school planning just got a lot easier--I'd have my oldest two enroll for most of their schedule then I could focus my teaching where I like to focus it, which is mostly music and foreign language.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

Good morning!

I am playing mandolin in services this morning - could be interesting as I am still a beginner.  Just a couple of the songs; I'll play violin on the others.  Dds13&11 come back from camping after lunch and ds15 has orchestra rehearsal this afternoon. Online refiling isn't available on TurboTax yet, so that will have to wait for a few days, I guess.

Coffee!

• Like 5