Menu

Ignore this thread!

All right, it's time for me to behave. Screen rules for myself in Lent:

• Games deleted from phone, no re-installs unless we're in an emergency room or something.
  • Use any time: email, charity websites, planners (homeschool and meals), productivity app, weather app.

Other internet use, such as news and social media:

• Monday - allowed minute for minute with bathroom cleaning (after, not before).
  • Tuesday - Nah, read a book or clean your room.
  • Wednesday - sure, after the laundry is all put away (including anything that was on top of the dryer).
  • Thursday - after all downstairs floors and dusting.
  • Friday - nope.
  • Saturday - after kitchen is clean.
  • Sunday - 10 minutes per act/hour/$20 of generosity this week.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

No record of my application. :dry: I apply online and since I hit the pregnancy tap it should take 7 days. I will not have internet for 2 days.

Just to clarify, I have internet on my phone all the time, but I cannot do anything on my computer until my Wi-Fi resets in two days. So I will not be applying for insurance for 2 days.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

• Games deleted from phone, no re-installs unless we're in an emergency room or something.
  • Use any time: email, charity websites, planners (homeschool and meals), productivity app, weather app.

• Monday - allowed minute for minute with bathroom cleaning (after, not before).
  • Wednesday - sure, after the laundry is all put away (including anything that was on top of the dryer).
  • Friday - nope.

I don't see ITT anywhere on this list. It should have its own bullet point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. About to get my reading done before writing. I'm trying to read more fiction this year vs my usual non-fiction, and so far the year has been pretty unrewarding. I've scored a meh book, and a meh minus, and am working on two more meh to add to my "yeah, I read it, don't ask me about it again" list. But I have a nice fat stack of books to read by my bed, and one of those is bound to be both enjoyable and well-written, right?

Yes, I'm picky. I've decided to quit apologizing for it, too.  

After reading, writing time! 

That’s how I felt last year. I had a few winners, but most of what I read was mediocre at best. 2018 was really a Great Books Year for me. This year has been fine. I read a puppet of good self - half (ok, not puppet, but couple and not self-half, but self-help, my iPad is acting up again) books and I am really enjoy g this bio on George HW Bush. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

• Friday - nope.

5 minutes ago, Renai said:

Well, we kinda already ARE on the list:  Social media, homeschool planner, meal planner, productivity app (oh, wait...that's Jean's tackle thread), weather app.... and I also have ideas if you'd like to make it a charity app, Whitehawk.  😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

And no record? So other person LIED?!?

Yes. I assumed this yesterday because she said that she had the transcript of the conversation that I had with the Medicaid people, despite the fact that they are an unrelated Crisis Pregnancy Center. Why would the government give them that information? Unfortunately, that did not dawn on me until after I got off the phone!

1 hour ago, Renai said:

ITT has its own bullet point in everything I do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hiya.

I know I've been quiet. It's been that kind of month.

But hey, we have almost survived February.

We have had So Much going on this month I had been dreading it ever since I sat down and put the stuff into my calendar back in December.

March may be slightly calmer, we've got Saint Patrick's day stuff because Irish Dance but it's mostly one day of caravaning around to different performances; probably an extra rehearsal or two to get ready for that.

And I think there is a karate tournament. And a tumbling meet.

But still better than the craziness that has been February.

April is Lion King performances.

If there is anything else big in April my mind is blocking it in the interest of maintaining my sanity.

Edited by maize
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh Maize!! (((Maize)))

I suspect many of us will be glad when February is over.  I have hope that I will see less rain and mud in March.

Please send your rain out West. The words “drought” and “early fire season” have started cropping up again.

booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Sad 6

Hello,  Happy Humph Day.   A slightly longer day than Tuesday but not as bad as Monday day.    Three classes, two that are the littlest kids, gym/tkd, then back for tutoring, then to the hospital to visit mom again if she's still there.  She's doing okay but is very worried about going home.  They evidently don't usually send to rehab if only one knee is done but mom is older, heavier, and basically lives alone so she's nervous about going directly home.   When we were there last night, the board in her room said she wouldn't be going home until tomorrow, so there's still time to see if things improve.  She's getting PT in the hospital, but is feeling dizzy/woozy from the pain meds.

• Like 4

Good morning!

A Blessed Ash Wednesday and Lenten Season to all.

I kept waking up and writing myself reminders in the dark.  I can read most of it. :laugh:  I took care of Tooth Fairy duty first thing and remembered to write the children's choir welcome letter.  Why is it so cold in here?

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee is ready.  I have banished the goat and washed my hair, which unfortunately means I get to fight it with the hairdryer in a minute.  Anyone else experiencing the "bad hair" of middle age syndrome?  

Actually, no. I'm kind of liking my weather system of hair at the moment. But we'll see if it holds up when the boys start driving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Middle age hair isn't too much of an issue here.  I've always had a ton of very thick hair that frizzes easily but I don't do anything but pull it back or braid it unless it's a super special occasion.  I don't think I've blow-dried my hair in 10 years.   

That’s great!  But I think I would freeze if I didn’t dry my hair. 🥶🥶🥶

• Like 1

My hair seems to be the same as always, which isn't really that great.  It tends to be really dry and tangly.  😞 

Coconut oil helps, but I don't like to use it if I'm not staying home for a few days because it makes my hair really oily.  It takes a few days to work out the excess oil.

I haven't used a hair dryer in 20+ years.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee is ready.  I have banished the goat and washed my hair, which unfortunately means I get to fight it with the hairdryer in a minute.  Anyone else experiencing the "bad hair" of middle age syndrome?  

Oddly enough, middle-age has been kind to my hair.   Deva-cuts (by a curly-trained stylist I found a dozen years ago), plus menopause-induced gray highlights, have really transformed my fruzzy blah-brown rat's nest.  (Fruzzy = frizzy + fuzzy.  It's a thing.).   It helps that gray is "in" right now. (People assume I'm getting it dyed that way!).  

Hopefully it stays "in" for, I don't know, another 30-40 years?  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't use hairspray either.

Hence, with my un-hairsprayed long hair, I was the perfect candidate for using the Van de Graaff generator in my 9th grade science class.  It was the 80's, folks.  Finding a girl without hairspray was a rarity.  Lucky for my teacher, I walked to the beat of my own drummer.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Junie said:

I don't use hairspray either.

Hence, with my un-hairsprayed long hair, I was the perfect candidate for using the Van de Graaff generator in my 9th grade science class.  It was the 80's, folks.  Finding a girl without hairspray was a rarity.  Lucky for my teacher, I walked to the beat of my own drummer.  🙂

My mom is horribly allergic to most if not all hairspray. The 80's were a terrible time for her because even just being in a room with people wearing hairspray would make her sick.

I grew up thinking hairspray was basically evil incarnate 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I am suspicious of hairspray, though I do use some mousse on my hair, KrissiK-Style.

First children's choir (church) went well tonight.  They started a new thing where they do some activities with the kids before rehearsal starts and I think that really helped them settle in much better than previously.  Now I get to vegetate my brain for a little while.  

Today I started learning Blackberry Blossom on the mandolin.  It's a bit slow still, but such a fun song!

She has all the fancy skillz! :wub:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

That’s great!  But I think I would freeze if I didn’t dry my hair. 🥶🥶🥶

I mostly wash my hair at night because it's long and thick and takes about 2 hours to dry.   If it's in a braid, it will still be wet the next day.   Even on the rare occasions I go to the beauty parlor to get it cut, I tell them not to bother blow drying it because even with a professional blow dryer it takes about 30 minutes to get it dry.  Just not worth it.  

I don't ever use hairspray.  Or mousse.  or anything on my hair except shampoo and conditioner.  

• Like 5

I'm super tired.   Up at 6:30am, left the house at 8am, did my yoga late because cleaning person was still there, then three classes (Wednesday has all my hardest classes), then rush home to print something, then rush back to the science center to laminate it and cut it out because I needed it for tutoring, then home again to go with dh and the kids to the gym/tkd.  An hour workout at the gym, pick up dd, drop dh and the kids at home, go back to the science center to tutor for an hour, then home (6:30pm at this point), eat a quick dinner (yummy homemade beef barley soup), then drive to the hospital to visit mom.  Stay there for 45 minutes, then head back home.  Got home and finally sat down at 9pm.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

When I was in high school walking to the bus stop in the winter, I would hold bits of wet hair up so it would freeze sticking out in crazy ways. Winter Fun in Minnesota! :laugh:

I've had this happen.  Frozen crunchy.

Years ago I used to put the heat on the front vents and direct them to blow at my hair when driving to work.  I'd spend the drive finger combing my hair over my shoulders so they'd be getting as much air as possible.   I used to get compliments on how nice my hair looked those days.  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning.  Didn't wake up until the alarm this morning, which is unusual.   Not an awful day today, three classes then a game day if anyone shows.  I'm stopping the game days and teen hangouts, except doing a invite gathering for kids dd and ds are already friends with.   Most of the time nobody showed up and when they did, I would feel bad because my kids wouldn't be that social.   This group is kids that are already in classes with my kids and they already all get along and like spending time together.    My game day co-host is going to take over game days and do them once a month for younger kids (since that's usually who we get anyway).  

Then we may be going to visit mom at rehab facility.  I'm not sure if we are going by since dh is the one taking her to the facility today so will already be "visiting".  Probably depends on where she winds up.  Two of the options are only about 3 or 4 miles from our house.

I can not wait for the weekend.   I don't understand why it's so hard to get back into things when I just had a week off.   I am feeling kind of blah, and it's rainy and gloomy, and February.  I also feel like I'm wheezing more than usual (asthma).  It's very unusual for me to wheeze at all but our weather has been super screwy so I'm sure some of my allergens are worse than they usually are in February.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Dd9 woke me up at 4:30 with a sore throat.  😞  I gave her some tylenol and sent her back to bed, but it took me a really long time to get back to sleep.  And then when I did sleep, I had horrible dreams.  The last one woke me up.  😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo- I am stressing over lang arts. Please tell me to stop it! 

Stop it. Seriously.

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Stop it. Seriously. It’s not as important as you think it is. Just read good books and write a lot.

Or just read good books.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, maize said:

My mom is horribly allergic to most if not all hairspray. The 80's were a terrible time for her because even just being in a room with people wearing hairspray would make her sick.

I grew up thinking hairspray was basically evil incarnate 😄

LOL. I have very flat hair, silky, and will not hold a perm.  My stylist loves it, says it's really the finest, softest hair she gets to work with. It also refuses to stand up for anything, including the dreaded Aqua Net. I should have known then I was a rebel to my roots.😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

More revisions today. I have about half a book to read and proof by Friday, but I'll make that no problem. I'm reading it aloud for flow, and adjusting prose as I see need for it, so not a lot of hard work. I have art class in town today, too.

I probably failed sleep last night. My elderly cat kept me up checking on me.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

EdPo- I am stressing over lang arts. Please tell me to stop it! 

Stop it.

42 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I slept through my first two alarms.  But at least Fitbit gave me a B+ in sleep!

Ds15's cello lesson is this afternoon and I have orchestra tonight.  Please nag me until I practice Mahler 1 today!

Coffee!

Go practice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1