Menu

Ignore this thread!

Herbie Hancock is not in my (mind’s) files. Unless he was in one of the filing cabinets corroded shut from alcohol.  It’s a possibility.  I had to google.  I will probably not retain this information.  It’s just not something I can see myself remembering long term.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

It's FIL's 69th. I guess we're going to Cincinnati next February?

We're going to six flags for the Mardi Gras parade and New Orleans food for Mary's birthday.

I think my sister is planning a trip to Key West for us all next Jan for my dad’s 70th. Hey, if someone else is paying, I’m game! They picked Key West because we can drive.  (Peanut allergies prevent DS from flying.)🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Happy Sort Of Monday.  Our Monday is totally non-typical.   Dh is home which always puts a kink into things but I also told the kids they wouldn't have school today.   I spent a bunch of time yesterday planning history so we could finally finish up Ancients.    Today I'll plan a bunch of other subjects and for the week.   I need to find a better way for them to turn in work.   They leave it scattered all over and then I don't check it because its all over the place.   Then I don't realize when they don't get something done.   Although that's a longer project, I'll probably work on that later in the week when dh isn't here.  It's easier to clean and reorganize if he's not lounging on the couch. 

Have to go to the AFSA today for a few things, then run by the science center to pick up some books and do some cleaning.  

• Like 4

I have one boy who desperately wants to go to Key West just so he can fish in the ocean for the first time. Sadly, not in the vacation cards for us anytime soon.

More revisions scheduled for today. I want to get through 21 chapters this week. I'm also planning out my strategy for a new story drafting in March/April with concurrent revisions of two other novels. Going to take some planning and thinking, but I can do it. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Herbie Hancock is not in my (mind’s) files. Unless he was in one of the filing cabinets corroded shut from alcohol.  It’s a possibility.  I had to google.  I will probably not retain this information.  It’s just not something I can see myself remembering long term.  

He was a musician my dad liked.  Other than that, I don't know anything about him.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!L~D

Holiday Monday!!!🎉🎉🎉. Everyone is still asleep. It’s nice to have quiet.

I think I will work on my patio today. I had succulents that didn’t do so well, so I moved them to a sunnier location and will put some ferny things in the shade instead.

In-laws are Coming for dinner. I need to make a lemon meringue pie. My lemon tree is overloaded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Is it nap time? It's rainy and dark and an owl is hooting.

Yes - the owls knows.

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

My goodness, are we AWESOME, or what???

Yes!

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

My goodness, are we AWESOME, or what???

Yes yes!

37 minutes ago, Spudater said:

The dish elf didn’t come last night. 😭🎻

What a slacker!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!L~D

Holiday Monday!!!🎉🎉🎉. Everyone is still asleep. It’s nice to have quiet.

I think I will work on my patio today. I had succulents that didn’t do so well, so I moved them to a sunnier location and will put some ferny things in the shade instead.

In-laws are Coming for dinner. I need to make a lemon meringue pie. My lemon tree is overloaded.

SHHHH!!!

We don't talk about those things here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Don't forget to mark your calendars with the likely date for this year's Barkley Marathons - March 28-30.  Rumor has it that Gary Robbins is going for a 4th attempt!  For the uninitiated:  please watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young".

Is it that time of year again?? I just love that!!!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Don't forget to mark your calendars with the likely date for this year's Barkley Marathons - March 28-30.  Rumor has it that Gary Robbins is going for a 4th attempt!  For the uninitiated:  please watch the documentary "The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young".

Matt has stopped bringing this up. I'm not going to remind him.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I knew they had the teacup ride at Disney, but at Six Flags? Don't they have the "DO NOT GET ON THIS RIDE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT" warning on that? It seems to be on every other ride.

I don't know. I don't actually ride the teacups. There's a similar one that I do ride but I didn't go on anything today. Well, I went on a log on water ride that was not exciting, but I didn't do anything risky. Everyone's on my favorite ride without me right now. 😭

It's a what am I paying for Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

Lemon meringue pie turned out so-so. I’m sure it will taste fine, but the meringue isn’t as fluffy as I would like it. Sigh. It’s always something. Chicken in a pot is in the oven and smells divine. I forgot to buy potatoes at the AFSA. I guess I’ll have to run to the little market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I have only made the Betty Crocker 1983 or earlier one.  I don't like them, but she does.  Now chocolate meringue is a different story.  But I peel off the meringue.  

This Betty Crocker I got for my wedding in 2002. It’s the bridal edition. 

• Like 1