Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

My in laws just told me they’re going out of the country for two weeks. I know I’m pregnancy crazy overreacting but the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. It’s central America, so not a corona virus hotspot but still they’re going to be in airports...it’s making me wonder if I can get away with avoiding them for two weeks after. 

Get away with?  I would insist on it!  (And I'm not paranoid about Corona, but goodness gracious you are pregnant!   And airports!)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I picked up some extra elderberry and ordered gelsemium.  

Mountain Rose Herbs is out of elderberries (not uncommon this time of year) so I might look elsewhere for them.  Or maybe not.  It seems the virus is on it's way out in China and really not likely to be a major thing elsewhere.

• Like 1

Good morning!  

A Very Special Happy Nirthday to all the Leap Year Babies!  (I only know one, dh's niece, who is celebrating her 5th birthday today :D)

We are all amazed at the sight of a giant yellow orb in the sky today!  Must be a sign or something.  I am on a quest to find a pair of pajamas that fit me, as everything I currently have is 3 sizes too big.  Might see if Kohl's has anything on the clearance rack.  Dd13 has book club this afternoon - she's leading the discussion on "The Book of the Dun Cow" so I might sit in for moral support.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We had fajitas one way. 

12 hours ago, Junie said:

We have picky eaters.  Myself included. 😉

12 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I did not have fajitas.

9 hours ago, Renai said:

I'll be picking up elderberry tomorrow, and I have no idea what gelsemium is.

We had pizza from Piccolino tonight. I ate between classes.

6 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I had chicken and dumplings for dinner. It was good, and I put extra pepper in the soup. Not against the plague. I just thought it tasted good. 

Insomnia struck hard this morning around 2. So I got up to make some tea and write. Not wasting awake time, and I can nap after work if I need it. 

We had burritos. We got home from DS’s baseball game at 6:00. So, I threw together burritos.

• Like 4

On 2/27/2020 at 5:52 PM, Servant4Christ said:

Did everyone give up screens and/or ITT for Lent? I don't see near as much going on here yesterday or today.

I'm reducing my time. But today I met a goal (completed a month with showers averaging < 5 minutes a day). Hi, ITT! Happy Saturday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Oh hey guess what? Yesterday we went to the aquarium (so 6 hours of driving round trip) and we found a restaurant we like!!!!! We didn't have to eat our packed sandwiches until we got home.

Also, if anyone is pondering the NC aquariums for a future visit, Pine Knoll Shores > Ft. Fisher > Roanoke Island, IMO.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Every four years!  (Though they will probably also celebrate either on Feb. 28 or March 1 on non-leap-years). 

I’m not particular about what day birthdays are celebrated here, but even I would feel a little funny about the date not even existing on the calendar.  I think I would call March 1, Feb 29. Then I would skip and call the next day March 2nd to catch back up. 🤣. #stubborn

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The upstairs freezer is all nice and purty now.  While I ferried some extras downstairs to the chest freezer I did a quick inventory down there too.  I think that we will survive the immediate apocalypse. 

I should probably get to finishing that...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ikslo said:

Susan can probably spare some rain

I'm doing my best to send it over!

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I took a bite of bacon and it tastes funny.  So I guess I won't eat any more.  Even though. . . bacon! 

Do you remember the Bacon Opera?  Let me see if I can find it.

Bacon Opera

by AMJ (5/23/17)

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus:  Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon
                     be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn: 
Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it
Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit
of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother: NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

Ds14 had a tumbling meet this morning.

Dd16 had a black-belt pre-test which she should have skipped because she came home from Texas sick but convincing her to skip anything martial arts is almost impossible. She is now in bed with a fever. I think the odds are 99% in favor of her not having coronavirus but I'm a bit concerned about that probably-not-even-1%-but-still-a-possibility chance that someone attending her international martial arts competition did bring coronavirus with them and she caught it.

Dh's sister texted this morning to say she was stopping by for a short visit this afternoon so we scrambled to get the house moderately visitor ready and had a very nice visit.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Did all the things today (and yesterday, and the day before that) and now iTired. 

It is nice to have my laundry room back though!  Finished the wall painting on Thursday, and put away all the supplies today.  I still have to install some shelves on the wall, but Dh needs to be around to help out with that (they are heavy; and I stink at finding studs.  Well.... that kinda stud, anyway.  😉)  

I may play hooky tomorrow in order to finish up some projects around the house.  Our agent comes by Monday morning so I'm starting to panic about all the little things left to do before we list.  I did get our kitchen ordered, though!  It will be weird to have a functioning dishwasher and microwave again after so many years. They won't arrive until mid-April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

:wub:

I am now reminiscing about my "Here Comes the Sun" socks.  So named because they were a fun blue and yellow pattern and said "Here Comes The Sun" on them.  Best socks evah.  Always made me happy.  I miss them, but alas, years ago they went the way of all holey socks. 

• Like 2

Hello,

Been working pretty much all day.  I did finish all my Physics lessons for the rest of this session and just need to plan out the labs.   Tomorrow I"ll need to work on the rest of my classes for the coming week that aren't already done from previous years.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to visit mom at rehab and she's highly motivated to get out of there fast.  Which is good, she'll work hard.  She's 74 and she said she's the youngest person in the place.  

Dh got a new stove today.  He returned the one we got a month ago because it stunk.  Two of the burners were unusable.  One was always too high and one was always too low.   New stove is just right. 

ETA:  A goldilocks booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Is it good?  We need a new tv show.  

Did you watch/like Breaking Bad?  It’s tamer than that - it’s an odd show with odd characters but I kind of like it. 

11 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I miss Slache. 

I concur. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

I’m at church early - ds15 & dd17 are playing for services.  Ds15 has orchestra rehearsal this afternoon - the weather is supposed to be gorgeous so I may take a walk in the Big City Park while waiting for him. I wish I had a dog to walk.

It’s good to see that you all have survived February, as required in regulations:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

Coffee!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I was wondering what had happened to Slache, and then I thought--must be Lent. I don't see myself giving up anything right now. I'm dealing with a pretty rough round of post-project depression. It's typical for me. I was unable to sleep night before last, and woke up really unhappy this morning. Give it a few days and a writing project or two and it will be better, but until then, I think I need all my little support things like flowers, chocolate, caffeine, and so forth. 

Happy first day of March, though! Spring is coming.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!
The girls have a birthday party at a trampoline place at Big City to the SOuth. I do not want to take them, but I will, and I will take my laptop and be anti-social and get some work done.

It’s March. ITT Anniversary Month. And an extremely busy month. I have been dreading March and April all year. Lots of stuff for work, two birthdays in March, one in April, DD and DH  are going on DD’s 8th grade Washington DC trip, which is going to overlap with my and DS’s Mexico Mission Trip, I have to lead a field trip to a Mission, state testing and all the other normal stuff I have to do. Svengo.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I wish we could get a new stove. We have one burner that lights after click, click, clicking for a time. Sometimes it doesn't light at all. The gas oven does not cook evenly. My cookies are always burned on the bottom but raw in the middle. The kids want to know when we are either moving or getting a new one because after the last disastrous cookie fiasco, I said I wasn't making anymore in this oven.

Our old one needed to be started with a grill lighter.  

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I was wondering what had happened to Slache, and then I thought--must be Lent. I don't see myself giving up anything right now. I'm dealing with a pretty rough round of post-project depression. It's typical for me. I was unable to sleep night before last, and woke up really unhappy this morning. Give it a few days and a writing project or two and it will be better, but until then, I think I need all my little support things like flowers, chocolate, caffeine, and so forth. 

Happy first day of March, though! Spring is coming.

I think Slache just said she was unavailable for a couple days because they were moving. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you watch/like Breaking Bad?  It’s tamer than that - it’s an odd show with odd characters but I kind of like it. 

We've never seen Breaking Bad, but did watch Saul last night.   Totally agree!  Odd show, odd characters, but likable.  We'll be watching it again.