Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Here's a poll for everyone.

How do you pronounce “Pinterest”:

1. Pin-ter-est

2. Pin-trest

3. Pin-er-est

4. something else

The way I pronounce it is more like pin-trist.

Fun fact: One of the co-founders is from my hometown.  He's about the same age as my brother, but they didn't go to the same high school.

• Like 2

Good morning!

I planned to go to The AFSA this morning to make a return, and dh suggested that I buy bathroom tissue if they have any left.  Then I have to stop at the library because they are charging me $2 per day for 2 DVDs that I returned on Saturday.

Now I remember why I turned off all the automatic typing shortcuts on my old iPad.

Coffee!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

This is exactly what I was thinking and almost asked. So... Florence for a girl, Spike for a boy? If only naming a baby were this easy.

This one is definitely a boy, so Spike it is!  I have another pineapple on the kitchen counter that may eventually become Florence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!! 
Another busy day. The girls’ piano lessons were rescheduled to today.Lots to do for work. But DS claims his baseball game is rescheduled due to this mysterious phenomenon they claim is going to happen today. Moisture is supposed to fall from the sky in the form of small droplets. I’m skeptical, but who knows. This may actually happen. It’s such a rare event that people are freaking out and I’m just not sure what to think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I can feel in my bones that rain is coming.  I haven't checked the forecast yet, but I'm pretty sure of it.  Within the next 48 hours almost certainly, but probably within the next 6.

I'm kinda grumpy this morning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Here's a poll for everyone.

How do you pronounce “Pinterest”:

1. Pin-ter-est

2. Pin-trest

3. Pin-er-est

4. something else

1.  But I don't use it any more because it's such as hassle to log in and look at anything. My BFF from the Southwest uses 2.

DS and I are mildly sick. Make sure to wipe down your device and wash your hands after reading this. :)

• Thanks 3

I use Pinterest all the time for class ideas.   I used to use it for homeschool ideas.  I really need to clean up my boards to make them easier to use and get rid of the crap that has links to nothing or is lame.  Someday when I have loads of time.

Dh went grocery shopping yesterday and brought home toilet paper, so we're good.  Our local Walmart was wiped out but evidently grocery stores are fine.   No hand sanitizer anywhere but everything else seems good.

Three classes today, then gym, then tutoring, then meeting dd for dinner.

Happy Humph Day!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

My iPad is demon possessed again, so if this post has errors, my apologies. 
I feel like I am drowning. Not a lot of huge things but a ton of little things and I can{5 keep track of them all.

DH comes home from Vegas late tonight. DS has a make up baseball game. It did rain last night, but later than the game would have been, so they could have played it. Awana tonight.

• Like 2

Morning. Raining so much today that the internet keeps going out. But there's sun trying to come out right now. Probably whip up a few more storms this afternoon if it heats up. 

Reading The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin today. It's pretty dystopian in feel, but I'm liking it. Very unusual POV choices, and it's somewhat challenging to follow if you need immediate explanation of world up front. You have to put the pieces together as you read. But I kind of like that style. So I think I've got my second "good" read for the year. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Interesting!  (I pronounce In-ter-est and Pin-ter-est the same way as each other, but not the same way as Angi and Junie). 

I pronounce them the same way.

Pintrest

Intrest

The final est is usually more of a schwa sound.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Those who say “pin-trest”. How do you pronounce “Interest”?  Just curious. 

An Interesting Booyah!

I say Pin-ter-est and In-trest, so I don't pronounce them the same.

All 4-H activities, including clubs with over 15 people (parents and members) attending have been suspended or shifted to virtual by our Ag-Coop.  We can't meet more often with smaller groups because we already have two clubs running and meetings every week.  We can't do virtual since all our activities are hands-on stuff (STEM and robotics) so we're suspending.   Right now it's through April 3rd but I'm sure it's going to go on after that.  Things are just going to get worse in the next few weeks/months, IMO.

• Like 3

I’m back. DH should be landing now in the Big City and hopefully will be home in about 45 minutes. DD had play practice that went late. So then we were late getting to DS’s baseball game. There was only 1 inning left and they wanted to charge me admission and I’m like, “I’m not going to pay $20 to watch 1 inning of a JV baseball game.” So, the girls and I sat in the car and ate our dinner and waited for DS. He finally came out and we went to Awana and we were late, but I’m done caring. This time of year I am so tired of Awana.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I didn't get up to exercise and went back to sleep until breakfast.  Fitbit gave me an A- for sleep.

Thursday is usually a Very Busy Day for us, but everything has been cancelled or put on "remote access" so I feel like I'm on spring break!  I might head to the AFSA to make the return I was supposed to make on Tuesday but then forgot to bring with me. Then I might go really crazy and go to the mall to look for new glasses frames.  

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Going to try to knock some more items off my to-do list.  It's probably time to put away the winter snowmen decorations, for instance.  I don't think we had a single flake of snow this year (which is fine by me).

• Like 5