Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

I woke up in the middle of the night to a Very Strong Storm.  A tornado hit The Big City and eastward - that area somehow always gets the worst of it!  My area is fine.  The Big City has requested that only vital people go into town, so ds24's office is closed and I expect the girls' orchestra rehearsal will be cancelled for tonight.  

Dh and I are heading to polls and The AFSA in a couple minutes.  

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I don't know, but this made me remember.  By putting 1/4 cup mixed nuts in snack bags, I realized just how many servings i have been eating!  

I have done that and am dismayed at how little 1/4 of nuts is! :dry:  I need a Harry Potter-style measuring cup that is bigger on the inside.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Morning. I am alive. It's cold again. But yesterday was so nice, I opened all the windows. Therefore, I am now sneezing like I have a cold, but it's the maple trees in the front yard irritating me. Thankfully, they don't have a long pollination period, and oak and pine never bother me.

Other than the sneezing, I'm still fighting off a touch of post-project depression, but staying busy with other writing projects seems to be helping.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Why am I always hungry lately?  Hungry grungry bungry.  It's ridiculous.  Must be hormones.

Susan, is it possible that you have, through all of your hard work and suffering, managed to perk up your metabolism?!? 😃🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Susan, is it possible that you have, through all of your hard work and suffering, managed to perk up your metabolism?!? 😃🤞

Well, at my last check-in, my BMR actually went UP 3 whole calories!  Lol.  Those are Very Hungry Calories!  (My weight on the scale was up 1/2 lb - but my body composition was down 3lb. fat and up 1-1/2lb. muscle and up 2lb. hydration.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maize said:

I voted.

I did too!  The voting machines have gotten so fancy!

I survived a trip to The AFSA with dh.  Svengo.  It's like trying to shop with a squirrel.  Or 5 children in tow. :laugh:  We also mailed our amended tax forms and got crickets for Tiger the Bullfrog.  The kids practiced quartet music for Friday's Old Lady Party and ds15 hid his dismay pretty well over having to play the two new Disney songs.  Poor guy - it's almost too much for a 15yo boy to bear. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got a massive headache this afternoon during my last class.  Then after tutoring, I suddenly started feeling off.  Kind of nauseous, kind of hot flashy, kind of super tired.   I took advil for the headache, ate some pretzels to see if it helped the stomach (it did but dd ate half of them so I also had a small pb sandwich when I got home).   So I skipped the gym.  

And somehow my dog just knocked over two full baskets of clean laundry.  ugh.

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, whitehawk said:

My Tuesday has behaved rather badly and ought to be fired. Come on, Wednesday, and be a good one!

Perhaps Tuesday needs a "Come To Jesus" meeting with HR?  Then put it on a 3-hour conference call with the branches in Düsseldorf and Mumbai.  That'll learn 'em!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have had a headache all day.  😞

The day wasn't all bad, though.  I went to Starbucks for the First Time Ever.  :)  I met some friends there and that's where they picked.  If the weather had been chilly I probably would have ordered coffee, but since it was nice I ordered a mango dragonfruit drink.  It was ok.  I will probably try something different if we go again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!
COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

Today is DD1’s birthday. She’s 14.😩😩😩 I remember when we brought her home. She was so beautiful. She’s beautiful now, of course, too.  I’m picking up donuts and delivering them to her school on our way to our Community Connections event.

We also have piano and Awana today.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Today is the only day of the year that is a command.

Think about it!!

It's an imperative.

Dd12 told me once that she remembers what imperative means because the middle of the word looks like parent. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I think I'll stay home instead of obeying the daily command.

Morning. I'm drafting something, and reading my series, and working on the synopses, blurbs, and pitches for all four books because I have time to do that today. Other than that, I have to clean the kitchen. I don't want to clean the kitchen. But it is an imperative I can't ignore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got my hairs cut - Great Clips is having their $7 haircut sale.  She did a good job, not that there's anything particularly difficult in cutting my hair.  Then again, I'm not particular.

I feel like there's something important that I'm forgetting to do.  I had coffee, so it's not that.  I think dh being home is throwing me off.  

I used Teledoc this morning because I need a prescription refilled.  They didn't even call me - just phoned it into the pharmacy.  Love that so much and it saved us a trip and the dr. visit co-pay.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

Have any of you dealt with a kid who just weeps every once in a while and can’t tell you why?  This is re the 9yo. 

(((Twilight Sparkle)))  We have had this on occassion with various kids.  I have no advice - we always figured it was lack of sleep/hormones/stress.

• Like 2

I am done with my part in schooling for the day, except to correct a biology test.  But I'm putting my boots up and drinking some coffee for a bit first.  Children's choir is tonight, after which I will reward myself with some sugar free ice cream with raspberries. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Today is the only day of the year that is a command.

Think about it!!

Okay, but what about 

March first! 

(I think any day in March can be an imperative, if you’re telling people which order the have to march in?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Spudater said:

Have any of you dealt with a kid who just weeps every once in a while and can’t tell you why?  This is re the 9yo. 

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

(((Twilight Sparkle)))  We have had this on occassion with various kids.  I have no advice - we always figured it was lack of sleep/hormones/stress.

Yep, this.   I've always told my kids, sometimes you just feel the need to cry and that's fine.   Just do it quietly and don't use it to manipulate people.  

• Like 3

We had Taco Bell for dinner because we went to the gym, then had to go to home depot to pick up dirt, then went and got our taxes done.   I'm setting up a bone yard for forensics this week (anthropology).  Anyone have any other suggestions for what to do with a great big pile of dirt that's going to be in my classroom all next week?  It's on plastic in a giant box.  I'd rather it not get scattered around my whole classroom but it would be good to use it more than once.   We won't have time to undo it this weekend (class is this Friday) so it has to stay there all next week.   I'll cover the whole thing with plastic when it's not being used.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I ❤️ Taco Bell

It was kind of funny, we drove by one Taco Bell as we left Home Depot and I didn't pull in because I didn't realize dh liked Taco Bell.  I didn't think we had ever gone to a Taco Bell together.   Which led to a long (well 15 minutes) discussion about how close TB is to our house (there's one less than 5 miles away), and that he does like it, and then a memory about one time we did go with oldest dd and I think I remember going with the younger kids once and trying a plain cheese in a taco shell with one kid and a plain meat in a taco shell for the other and I think ds (who is super super picky) actually ate cheese nachos there, and then we remembered another TB up by where our accountant is, that is the one we went to that one time with dd and I used to go to in the middle of the night before marrying dh because it's near where I used to live.  So we stopped there because we ended up early for the accountant. 

• Like 1

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Three classes today, then not really a teen hangout because I pretty much cancelled them but dd will hang out with her friend who is in the last class of the day with her while I do some cleaning up.    First class today is Biology and we start dissections so dd is coming to help out since there's only 3 people in the class and they are all somewhat reluctant about dissections. 

• Like 4