Menu

Ignore this thread!

The whole pandemic thing is fascinating to me. I study the maps every morning. I've worked an animal epidemic before, so I know exactly what the aggressive response is intended to do, but this thing is a really nasty bug to try to slow down. 

Best thing I can suggest is to check up on all the elderly and older individuals in your neighborhood with phone calls, emails, texts, whatever you can do to alleviate the isolation. It's something good we can do.

In other news, I'm coughing so much I put myself in bed when I got home from work. Animals don't stop getting sick and hurt, sadly. But I don't have to work again until next weekend. No fever at all, just a very productive cough, runny nose, eyes, sinus pressure. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

🎉🎈🎈🎈Happy Nirthday, ds13 of Angi! 🎈🎈🎈🎉

Birthday Booyah!!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

An Ode To Pie

by KrissiK

Pie.

I love pie.

Cream pie.

Fruit Pie.

Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream.

Boysenberry pie, fresh from the oven with a side of high quality vanilla icecream, right there on the plate, melting just a little so the melted icecream mixes with the berry juices.

Pie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I made corned beef and cabbage and we ate over at my mother's house for dinner.   She has multiple rehab appointments in the next month or so.  I'm driving her Tuesday but I think I'm going to wait in the car rather than go in with her.   

FIL broke his hip falling at the nursing home.  He's been falling a lot lately so we figured sooner or later he'd break something.  They are going to be doing surgery sometime in the next few days.  

• Sad 6

Dh took the youngest five kids to the state park to get them out of the house. I've been outside pruning a very overgrown plum tree.

Guys, I have been absolutely astonished the past couple of months by how much my husband is actively engaging with the kids and being, well, a functional adult. Before TMS came along I had just about resigned myself to the idea that his chronic depression was never going to get better.

I can't say he is 100% free of mental illness but the transformation really has been profound.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

🎼”It’s a hard-knock life.....for us!!🎵🎵🎶🎶 

We went to DD’s school play tonight. They did “Annie”.  It was really good, DD was in the chorus,

Oldest dd loved musicals from a pretty young age.  She actually sat and watched Sound of Music in it's entirety when she was about 3, Wizard of Oz (and cried at the end) at 2.  Annie was one of her favorites.   We had the soundtrack on cassette tape and it got stuck in the tape player of my old car.  So, other than the radio, it was the only thing we could listen to.  And we listened to it A LOT.   She was about 5 or 6 I'd say.    I know every single word to every single song on that soundtrack.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dh, dd17, and dd15 went to church.  The rest of us are going to livestream.  Our church is having limited services, and they have eliminated greeting (hand-shaking) time, and they are not going to pass the offering plate.  Choir and orchestra are not participating, either.

The virus is just starting to get to our immediate area, so the risk is still pretty low.

We will make an evaluation week-by-week.  I'm guessing that only dh will go next week.

• Like 2

My online grocery pickup got cancelled twice this week due to overwhelming volume.  😞

I actually had to walk into the store.

They were out of a lot of things.  Meat, frozen vegetables, pasta, pizza, chicken nuggets...

We were able to get a bottle of soap. 

I didn't check to see if they had toilet paper, as I suspected that we have more than they do.  (My brother said that they had a security guard for the toilet paper at the store he went to.  Two packages per household was being strictly enforced.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

image.png.f7f8b2583772004e14351e82f77669b9.png

The choir director at my church was complaining about getting emails about coronavirus from every company that he has ever communicated with.  I told him that I would send him one, too.  :)  I looked all week for the perfect something to send him.  I sent him this.  He will love it.

• Haha 3

Happy Ignoriversary, ITT.

I churched (online). Usually there are only ~5 people watching online, but today about 70 households tuned in, as that was the only option.

DS is still in his pajamas, eating lunch.

I hope you have a great day.

• Like 3

We moved when I was 8ish months pregnant with dd9.  It was lovely.  I just sat on a chair, propped up my feet, and pointed. :)

Now, lots of things were put in the wrong place, and it took forever to unpack (mostly because dd9 decided to be born 2 weeks again of schedule).

I don't recommend it, however.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

We moved when I was 8ish months pregnant with dd9.  It was lovely.  I just sat on a chair, propped up my feet, and pointed. 🙂

Now, lots of things were put in the wrong place, and it took forever to unpack (mostly because dd9 decided to be born 2 weeks again of schedule).

Our "free" movers broke $300 in furniture and our friends that were supposed to help us fell desperately ill so it took us two additional days to move, costing us 2 days of income, and everyone was so tired we took a week off school.

But it's over now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

When Slache quoted my post I noticed a typo.  That's what I get for posting with a migraine: again of schedule.

So dd9 was born 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  She was not born again until a couple of years ago.

I think I need more caffeine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

We moved when I was 8ish months pregnant with dd9.  It was lovely.  I just sat on a chair, propped up my feet, and pointed. 🙂

oh, I remember moving when 8 months pregnant with dd21.  whew!  our next move was when my youngest was almost 4 months old.  won't do that again, either!  we've never used movers.

• Like 1

To the ITT!

In three years we have....

birthed babies

moved fathers

finished a graduate degree

buried loved ones

moved

contemplated moving

adopted new furry babies

won.... and lost....

grafted fruit trees

planned, planted and harvested gardens

written a novel and sought for agents

graduated children and sent them to college

started therapies

started new jobs

.... and maybe even educated our children.

Hear!  Hear!  

Lynn, 3/15/2018

----------------------------

Although introverted is what many of us are

Open and unashamed we share on ITT

Our friends here have truly raised the bar

No better company could there ever be 

Angi, 2018

-------------------------

A Haiku in Honor of ITT's 3rd Anniversary

A thread to ignore

Yet never be ignored here

True friendship abounds

Love, Duck

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ugh, I accidentally shared a picture on Facebook for a student who parents had selected not to share pictures.  I haven't ever done that before in 3 years of doing classes.   I mixed up two new students, both of who started in the past two weeks.   I took it down as soon as she asked but still feel bad.   

I'm ready to be done with this weekend.  I know things aren't going to miraculously better on a Monday but between making the decision to cancel classes, all the stuff I had to do to cancel classes, FIL's broken hip, and just mentally preparing for what's coming, I'm ready to get started on a new routine.  

• Like 6

I have not started a wild rumpus. I'm still coughing up my lungs. My rib cage hurts. But I'm not running fever now, and my cough is improved from yesterday afternoon. Asked DH to fix dinner. He made the grocery run this morning as he's not coughing or having any symptoms of anything. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow to see if I need testing for flu or COVID because DH has to work this week. Maybe. He's taking off tomorrow, and talking to his boss about what measures their department is supposed to be taking. 

Anyway, my boys are kind of happy they get this week off. I wasn't up to doing much of anything today. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

15 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Our first looonnnnng distance move was from Virginia to California, when I was three months pregnant with oldest and throwing up 24/7.  I kept the clean litter box at my feet and we just kept on trucking til it was convenient to stop. 

We have only used movers once, and that was Air Force movers from California to northern Virginia when that same child was turning one.  

svengo!

Dh and I are helping a friend move Thursday.   We're using dh's Suburban and my Pilot.  When I moved in with dh, we moved my entire apartment in his truck.   That move was the last time I moved, over 15 years ago.   In the 2 years before that, I had moved 4 times (after my divorce).    Before that I had only moved 3 times in my entire life that I remembered.  I grew up in an apartment that we lived in from when I was in Kindergarten until I was away at college.  My mom got married and moved while I was away at college and I lived there when I came home for a few years.  Then in with ex at one house, then a house we bought together.   That's it.  

We have no plans to move out of this house.  We've decided it's a good place to age in place.   We are finally doing some things to fix it up.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Our first looonnnnng distance move was from Virginia to California, when I was three months pregnant with oldest and throwing up 24/7.  I kept the clean litter box at my feet and we just kept on trucking til it was convenient to stop. 

We have only used movers once, and that was Air Force movers from California to northern Virginia when that same child was turning one.  

You made two cross-country moves in a year and a half?

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

svengo!

Exactly!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I guess we’re more or less locked down now. No church, dance, library, or playdates. Dh stillhas to go to work. 

Midwives sent out a new email that any type of cold or flu symptom in your house they want youto reschedule your appointment. I’m 31 weeks now, I’m supposed to be going in every week soon...Twilight Sparkle wasslightly sniffly Saturday but seems fine today so I guess we’ll see if theylet me come in Wednesday. I don’t think what they’re doing is necessarily unfair but man am I getting paranoid about being able to continue to get care there. 

I don't suppose they make house calls?

• Haha 1