Menu

Ignore this thread!

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Whitehawk, what's the ruling on this?  A few weeks is beyond what we can bear!

Now I thought I was just not allowed to die!!! Cut me some slack, y'all. It's plague season, right?🤣

It's not a huge thing. Just my literary agent decided she didn't want to work with me anymore, and so that's that. For now. Not like I haven't been through this before, and this time was much easier. I'll recover and start querying again when I'm ready. Just going to take a few months to retreat into my writing for comfort and creative enjoyment before getting back into the trenches.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

I'm down at MIL's and her internet is super slow.

Did the conference yesterday.  It was nice and super slow.  I brought our snake (with permission) since she's always such a good ambassador but there were multiple people truly terrified of her, so I left a little early.  Which was what dh wanted anyway since we drove down here to MIL's after I got home (conference was 45 minutes away from our house going Northwest, MIL is 2 1/2 hours going South) because he wanted to get down here in time to watch the Duke basketball game.  We're going to a baby shower this afternoon then heading home.  

I'm working on getting all my classes for the week planned out, which is harder without all my books and with slow internet, but I"ll get there.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!
I hate Daylight Savings Time.

Today is DS’s 16th birthday. I totally forgot. Lucky for me DD reminded me so I could add cake mix and frosting to my Afsa order.

Church today. We’re going to second service. We’ll be lucky if we make it to Sunday School on time.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Now I thought I was just not allowed to die!!! Cut me some slack, y'all. It's plague season, right?🤣

It's not a huge thing. Just my literary agent decided she didn't want to work with me anymore, and so that's that. For now. Not like I haven't been through this before, and this time was much easier. I'll recover and start querying again when I'm ready. Just going to take a few months to retreat into my writing for comfort and creative enjoyment before getting back into the trenches.

(((Critter)))

• Like 2

Good afternoon!

(((Critter)))

I am finally at a place and time that I can take a breath and ketchup - the parking lot of ds15’s orchestra rehearsal.  I got up late and had to scramble to eat and get dressed before heading off to church this morning. I forgot my phone at home, so was without my bible and calendar and etc. for 6 hours until I got home again and then had to quick change clothes and gulp half a cup of coffee before bringing ds here. 

But now I have a couple hours to enjoy my chocolate cranberry muffin, work on my embroidery project, and take a walk at the Big City Park down the street. It’s a gorgeous, sunny afternoon so Imma start with that. 

Coffee!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ikslo said:

13 yo American boy on a Saturday...

Before Internet: What can I light on fire?

With Internet: Mom, I’m getting really good at Mongolian throat singing. Listen! What do you think?

Me, too.  Especially when he told me to log it because it counts as music class

Eta - weird, I quoted Susan’s response -what happened? 🤔

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Just a heads up for your calendars:

Saturday is Pi(e) Day, Sunday is ITT’s 5th Anniversary (Birthday?), Monday is Lynn’s Birthday, and Tuesday is St. Patrick’s Day. 

Svengo.

Where’s Emery, the ITT Administrative Assistant? How do you people expect me to remember all that?.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Imma just talk to myself for a while.  I'm so hungry again.  I had some almonds already and a big glass of water.  I think I’ll cook myself a couple eggs. 

3 hours ago, ikslo said:

No one is taking this thread seriously!

I had to bake a birthday cake from scratch because I forgot today was DS’s birthday and didn’t have a cake mix. And I didn’t have enough wrapping paper to wrap his present so it was only half wrapped. I am a horrible mother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Just a heads up for your calendars:

Saturday is Pi(e) Day, Sunday is ITT’s 5th Anniversary (Birthday?), Monday is Lynn’s Birthday, and Tuesday is St. Patrick’s Day. 

Par-tay!

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t feel so good. 

(((Jean)))  How are you now?  

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Jean’s got The Plague and Renai is flying the coop!  Willy Nilly!

Willy-Nilly!

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I had to bake a birthday cake from scratch because I forgot today was DS’s birthday and didn’t have a cake mix. And I didn’t have enough wrapping paper to wrap his present so it was only half wrapped. I am a horrible mother.

You are a great mom!!!!

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

Also, why the heck do people think it’s funny to constantly tease a five year old about how he’s not going to be the baby anymore and the new babyis going to take attention away from him?  Why do they think it’s a good idea to instill it in his head that this baby is his rival?

Probably the same people who think politics, cancer death, and 15 minute long sagas about their HOA are appropriate conversation for a little girl’s birthday party. 😡

(((Spudz)))  Crazy people.  

• Like 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!
Safe travels, Renai!  
How are you doing, Jean? 

Spudz, that's awful!

Why is my iPad randomly backspace-erasing my typing!  I've had to type everything three times now. 
And it's letting me single-space sometimes.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Both yesterday and today I have woken early.  I have a feeling it's going to catch up with me later.

Tackling my to-do list.

Adding to the ITT calendar: Saturday is the SAT.  Both dd17 and dd15 will be taking it.  Dd17 already has a good score; she wants to try to improve it to be eligible for a scholarship.  I would have preferred for dd15 to take the PSAT this year and the SAT next year, but for various reasons that didn't happen.  She has no interest in preparing for it and I have no interest in pushing her (much) to prepare for it.  I am just looking at this test as a learning experience in itself and dd17 will be with her to show her the ropes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Both yesterday and today I have woken early.  I have a feeling it's going to catch up with me later.

Tackling my to-do list.

Adding to the ITT calendar: Saturday is the SAT.  Both dd17 and dd15 will be taking it.  Dd17 already has a good score; she wants to try to improve it to be eligible for a scholarship.  I would have preferred for dd15 to take the PSAT this year and the SAT next year, but for various reasons that didn't happen.  She has no interest in preparing for it and I have no interest in pushing her (much) to prepare for it.  I am just looking at this test as a learning experience in itself and dd17 will be with her to show her the ropes.

The bolded is true for one of mine this Saturday too.  Willy-nilly.  I just hope the experience doesn't scar the poor dear for life.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

The bolded is true for one of mine this Saturday too.  Willy-nilly.  I just hope the experience doesn't scar the poor dear for life.  

My older two kids have both had less-than-ideal circumstances with taking the SAT.

When ds19 took the SAT (or maybe the PSAT?) for the first time, his calculator battery died halfway through the test.  This was my calculator that I had used all through high school and college and beyond and had never needed a new battery.  He used it regularly for his own math courses.  And the stupid thing quit in the middle of the SAT.  :svengo:  I felt really bad; he said it wasn't a big deal. 

Dd17 took the SAT for the first time last year.  It was a day or two after my dad's funeral.  So she was dealing with grief and a quick out-of-state trip to go to the funeral.  It certainly wasn't the kind of SAT prep that we had expected. 😞

Dd17's test prep this time around has also not been ideal: She had her wisdom teeth taken out just a few days ago. :svengo: again.

I'm hoping that dd17 does well enough to get the scholarship that she wants and I'm hoping that dd15 scores at least a four-digit number.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays!

May the Nirthdays keep on coming,

May the ITT keep humming,

May the pi be forthcoming,

Happy Holidays to us!

How are you doing Jean? I worry about you out there in Plague-land.

This is brilliant!  Worthy of recognition in the archives of the ITT order!  

• Like 4

I must be still sleep deprived, because everything is ending up in rhyming this morning. But I get to read a fun book, and I'm going to recommend it because I got to help work on it when it was in development, and it's really fun, dragon-filled, and action-packed. Windward, by S. Kaeth. It's independently published, Young Adult, but it has always had an upper middle grade feel to me because of the action. Moves fast, the description is awesome. Her adult series will be coming out soon, and if you are looking for a mother who is a fantasy heroine, Between Starfalls is awesome. 

Did I mention that the author homeschools? 

Anyway, that's my book recommendation for the day. 

I finished Priory of the Orange Tree yesterday. It won't be a re-read, and I'll likely rehome the book because of that. I don't have a ton of bookshelf space, and it's a big book, 800 pages. It's epic fantasy, but has a strong political fantasy feel to it for me, which makes it a little difficult to follow. But if your taste runs to that sort of fantasy, it's well written, with only a few places where the point of view became really confusing. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Thanks 2

I will endeavor to be less annoying.

Yay!  A self-improvement booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I'm fine.  My ankle is improving though it still is slightly swollen and aches from time to time.  My virus is nice and healthy.  😉  Honestly, it's there.  I am a bit frustrated that it is there and that I am so tired but overall it is mild and I am not in danger of breaking any ITT rules.  I am not breaking any productivity records but I am functional in between naps.  I don't know else I could do that could possibly make any difference.  (I am drinking some echinacea tea at the moment and take meds and supplements like vitamin C and zinc and do my saline rinse etc. so I am doing what I can, I guess.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I kept myself creatively busy today: reading and thinking through some next steps for me and my stories. Still need to pull the calendar and look at setting a few deadlines for myself. I do better with deadlines. I don't like not having structure. After school tomorrow, the boys and I will go to the river, I think. It rained today, but never really hard, and I hope the river won't be too high for fishing. I'll probably take my work and do some writing in my happy place and see what I can't come up with. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Florence

I like it!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I'm fine.  My ankle is improving though it still is slightly swollen and aches from time to time.  My virus is nice and healthy.  😉  Honestly, it's there.  I am a bit frustrated that it is there and that I am so tired but overall it is mild and I am not in danger of breaking any ITT rules.  I am not breaking any productivity records but I am functional in between naps.  I don't know else I could do that could possibly make any difference.  (I am drinking some echinacea tea at the moment and take meds and supplements like vitamin C and zinc and do my saline rinse etc. so I am doing what I can, I guess.)

Stoopid virus.  Leave our Jeannie alone!

14 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Spike

I like this, too.  Imma have to take another look and see if it's a boy or a girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Here's a poll for everyone.

How do you pronounce “Pinterest”:

1. Pin-ter-est

2. Pin-trest

3. Pin-er-est

4. something else

#1.  

Only one kid showed up to 4-H tonight.  I think because it's Holi and quite a few in our group are from India.   Two others showed up 30 minutes late and the father stood there saying how his one kid couldn't participate because he was sick - had a fever and was coughing and had stayed home from school.  😫   The kid who he brought to sit in my waiting room with all the toys I have for younger kids.   They didn't stay long and the kid didn't touch anything but the chair he sat in (about 6 feet from the toys) since we told him we weren't really having a meeting since only 1 person was there at start time., but UUUGGGGHHHH.  WHY WHY WHY would you bring a sick kid out to a 4-H meeting!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Howdy.

The Sore Throat of Doom is abating.

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. But I don't get to eat dinner because I am on an 18/6 intermittent fasting plan and I started fasting at 2:00.

I put some meatballs in the fridge to have for breakfast.

I don't actually feel hungry so I don't really mind missing dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1