Menu

Ignore this thread!

Angi will be pleased that we are having chicken crack wraps for dinner tonight.  My wrap will be made of lettuce.

Half the refrigerator is clean.  One of the vegetable drawers won't come out unless I move the whole fridge out, so I did the best I could with that.  I think I can finish the rest before we have to go to the choir thing.

Dd16 has convinced everyone to go busking tonight because she's broke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Mr. M went to a home this morning. This has been a rollercoaster!

If anyone wants to pay me to clean up a small apartment and chase an old man around the room flicking him with a sheet until he agrees to get in the shower I'm up for it.

Edited by Slache
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Back from the oncologist. My labwork is beautiful (aside from the normal fat issues that I have which did come up because I'm not at all bothered by them) and I don't have any lymph node enlargement. As to what the enlargement in my shoulder actually IS, nobody can tell me that. Only that it's probably not a problem, only the side of my neck swells up on the same side as the enlargement, and somehow that is irrelevant. Come back in three months unless it gets worse. 

It won't be better in three months, but at least if it's not gone by then, I'll probably get an MRI. I sincerely doubt it will be gone. But at least the lymph nodes are happy enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

In other news, ds23 got the job!  I'm so so so happy for him!  It's an entry level position, but it's with a company that has recently opened a local branch and there will likely be room for advancement if he wishes, and the offices are in the fancy new, hipster part of the Big City. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Picnic was a great success today.  I think we figured out we had about 50 kids, 20 or so families there.   Everyone had a great time, the canoe and kayaks were out pretty much non-stop.  The bathroom did get unlocked so that was good.   It was scheduled to go until 5pm and some of us were still hanging out at almost 7pm.

I bought my sour cream & onion ridgie chips and I didn't even get any!  They were all gone.  I also brought two bags of Doritos and they were gone.  And fruit that was also gone.   I basically didn't get anything from the shared treat table.  I was too distracted talking and helping with the canoes/kayaks.  But it was good, I didn't need to eat a bunch of junk food.

Tomorrow dh and I are taking a drive down to visit his mom after the couch is delivered.  Then I have to finish preparing for the street festival we're doing a booth at on Sunday.  I also still need to prepare classes and tutoring for Monday, including coming up with a 3rd grade math public school placement test.    I was really hoping to finalize plans for my last two weeks of class while I was off this week, but no such luck.   I guess I just continue along with finalizing the night before.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I posted this in one of my "parents learning Chinese" fb groups: "So, I started binge-watching Rise of Phoenixes 2-3(+?) hours a day. I decided to have subtitles on this time around because there was too little context and a lot of talking. Anyway, now I have so much Chinese in my head, I'm babbling in Chinese in thoughts. A good step in the right direction. A weird thing started happening as I watch the shows, though. Sometimes, I listen and read the words in English and am catching some of the Chinese words that correspond. Sometimes, I read the words in English, hear it in Chinese, but it translates to Spanish in my head. Crazy! It was the funniest thing! Spanish is my second language, lololol!"

Later, I shared, "My Spanish-speaking husband is tired of asking me (in Spanish) where I want to eat and hearing the response, "Ni zai nar, wo zai nar." (Where you go, I'll go.)"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I *finally* got rid of my headache at about 8 pm.  I threw so much at it -- tylenol, shower, nap, caffeine, nap, caffeine, tylenol -- that it finally retreated.

I ended up driving most of the evening, ferrying the dc hither and yon.  We saw the remnants of two rather severe accidents on wet roads.  Thankfully we weren't involved in either of them.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What do you know about ceramic knives?  

My grandmother had very old ones. They were awesome. I don't know if the cheap ones that are popular now are any good. I would take a gamble on it.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!! 

The first weekend in a month where we have absolutely nothing going on. I am so glad I can hardly stand it.

I’m gonna get some housework done and some yard work done.

Last night Baby made a recipe from her new subscription kit - Raddish Kids. It was strawberry shortcake and it turned out really good. She is quite handy and quite interested in kitcheny things.

And last night commenced the first installment of the Marvel Summer Film Festival. We saw End Game a couple weeks ago and I didn’t like it and then my friend said, “have you seen any of the other movies?” And I said, “no”and she said, “ well, you have to watch the others first” so, we will be watching Marvel movies this summer. In chronological order. We watched Captain America last night. That was an awesome movie.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, maize said:

Happy June.

It’s June already??? I am not ready for June. I’m not ready for anything. I just want to crawl under a rock. 

But

Instead

I will get up, clean up the kitchen, do some housework and go outside and pull some weeds. 

• Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I was tele-helping my BFF, whose 5yo woke her up this morning and demanded to know all about the origin of the universe, including God, Jesus, and dinosaurs. Before coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I like the ones I have gotten from Aldi.

That’s where I’ve seen them mostly, but I’m having a hard time with the concept - I’m imagining delicate china cups.  Also, I couldn’t store them on my magnetic knife-holding strip. 

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I don’t know anything about ceramic knives,

Me neither. 

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I like them for things like chopping vegetables. But I have had two break on me- both while cutting cheese. So don’t cut the cheese while using a ceramic knife!

😁

I would probably use them mostly for chopping fruit and vegetables. 

11 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I was tele-helping my BFF, whose 5yo woke her up this morning and demanded to know all about the origin of the universe, including God, Jesus, and dinosaurs. Before coffee.

Svengo!

• Like 1

I have been slowly reading through and trying exercises/ stretches from the Katy Bowman blogs.  It is helping but today I am so very very achy from stretching some muscles that probably haven't stretched in 30 years.   Tell me that it will get better.  (It's ok to lie as long as you are telling me that it will get better.)

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have been slowly reading through and trying exercises/ stretches from the Katy Bowman blogs.  It is helping but today I am so very very achy from stretching some muscles that probably haven't stretched in 30 years.   Tell me that it will get better.  (It's ok to lie as long as you are telling me that it will get better.)

It will get better. I promise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I can't believe it's Saturday already! I feel like I didn't get very much done this week, which is not true at all, but it's how I feel. I should vacuum. That might make me feel better.

I vacuumed and took every piece of clutter throughout the whole house and put it in one spot. Our apartment is looking really good! I still need the papasan chair for our bedroom and curtains for the boys room. Things will be messy until my bookshelf gets here but it's kind of livable.

• Like 5

Well, it’s hot here - and I love it.  I did some work in my front beds this morning, got hot, put on my bathing suit, and jumped in the pool. DH joined me and we floated around the pool for a few hours just relaxing and talking. It was nice.  

I have bugs and stuff on my lemon tree.  DH went and got the treatment and a sprayer.  I’ll do that later when it’s not so hot.

Dog likes popsicles.

Dog does not like the heat.  I told him it was fine if he wants to stay inside all day, but barking at me to come inside is rude and not going to work, so he needs to get over himself.  And yes, the food in your bowl is edible.

Stop barking.  I hear you. I see you. I’m ignoring you.

BOOYAH!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7

Zero days since last dog incident.  Though I don't know if this quite counts as an incident.  Juliet just would not quit barking at SIL when she came so I had to lock her in the backyard.  (Though SIL has been a bit of a poopyhead lately so I don't know that I really blame Juliet. . .  Maybe I should have locked SIL in the backyard. . . )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I realize that the reason I feel like I didn't get anything done this week is because I spent all of my time on the house. I have a big long list for school and didn't get any of it done, including some reading. :ohmy:

I think tomorrow I will spend the entire afternoon and evening on school stuff and I will feel a lot better.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Zero days since last dog incident.  Though I don't know if this quite counts as an incident.  Juliet just would not quit barking at SIL when she came so I had to lock her in the backyard.  (Though SIL has been a bit of a poopyhead lately so I don't know that I really blame Juliet. . .  Maybe I should have locked SIL in the backyard. . . )

I definitely think this is worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am making progress on the Muppets Medley.  Mah-na Mah-na is a tricky one.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to get into something suitable.  

My Celebrity tomato plants are finally developing some flowers!  The Patio tomato and yellow cherry have some nice looking fruit on the way.  I was worried about the zucchini, but I spotted a couple of female flowers developing this morning, so hopefully something will come of them.  The Cherokee Echinacea is about to bloom and I think the Shasta daisy will survive.  Lynette is growing and I think she will make a full recovery.

• Like 4

No new couch.   The delivery guys brought it, got it off the truck, and then weren't strong enough to actually bring it in the house.  It's a double motorized reclining sofa that weighs about 300 pounds and is awkward.  The one guy looked like he weighed about 100 pounds.    They only had this little handtruck that there's no way the couch would fit on it, and our driveway and walkway are gravel so that wouldn't help anything anyway.  So, they had to take it back and we have to wait until it's checked back into the warehouse for us to call and reschedule the delivery.   On the bright side, they did note on the file that they need at least 4 people to deliver it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4