Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

Did you get some relief from your exploding sinuses, Critter?

What's happening with the chocolate chip situation, Whitehawk?

I'm driving dd20 back to the university this afternoon.  Sigh.  Before that I'll take her grocery shopping and I promised everyone some boba tea while we play another round or two of Phase 10.  I also need to make a phone call.  

I have only 1 more pound to lose to get to my pre-camping trip weight.  :dry:

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Dd11 has recently been very interested in learning French.  Little Miss Me-Too (dd8) wants to learn Spanish.  I know a little bit of both and have been working toward improving my skills (along with learning ASL).  The two of them have been very interested in watching me "play" duolingo.  With their "encouragement" I might be able to finish both trees by the end of the year.  (I already finished the Spanish tree, but I'm working on it again.)

Does anyone know if duolingo has an age requirement?  They are both interested.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Dd11 has recently been very interested in learning French.  Little Miss Me-Too (dd8) wants to learn Spanish.  I know a little bit of both and have been working toward improving my skills (along with learning ASL).  The two of them have been very interested in watching me "play" duolingo.  With their "encouragement" I might be able to finish both trees by the end of the year.  (I already finished the Spanish tree, but I'm working on it again.)

Does anyone know if duolingo has an age requirement?  They are both interested.

13. A lot of people don't abide by it. Check out Getting Started With French/Spanish as well. I don't like Duolingo on its own.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Well now, what do you know?? iPad is letting me ITT. How gracious of it.🙄

I woke up at 5:30 am.😩 It is a lovely morning, though. I have all the doors and windows open to let in the cool air.

Today our charter is having an end of the year party in a park in the Big City. So, we will be doing that and since Trader Joe’s is near the park I will stop there after and then we might as well go to Costco, since it is on the way home.

It’s warming up today. Speaking of the weather, are we all surviving the tornadoes?? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I got a shower. No more goat in the house. I also have the most terrible headache. My eyes ache. My sinuses feel like they are about to split open. I'm blaming the weather. 

I hope you are feeling better this morning!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Critterfixer said:

My sinuses didn't explode and my head didn't fall off. Considering it weighed as much as a fat cat last night, that's a good thing. 

Well, that’s good. Especially considering ITT regs and all. I think there’s a sub-clause about heads falling off and that sort of thing.

• Like 5

I've got such a busy two days ahead that I am opting to do no housekeeping at all. Just going to try to stay afloat and keep everyone in clothes. I don't think I'll be good for much until Friday, and probably not good for much after that either. But Monday, I will crawl out from under the rock and go pick blueberries and blackberries. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Where do I have a 2 X 3 poster printed inexpensively?

Depends on your definition of inexpensive, but the cheapest price I found was VistaPrint, especially during one of their many many sales.

I had to get up and out of the house early this morning.  I went to meet someone to buy some science books.  She lives really far but was going to be not-quite-as-far early this morning, so up and out I went.  Turns out a friend of mine who I will see tomorrow at the picnic AND Tuesday at 4-H was also picking stuff up.  We really should have coordinated but neither of us knew the other was getting stuff, even though we both posted on the same fairly short thread on Facebook.  Oh well.

I'm still being a total fail on my to-do list and I really need to get some crap done today.   I have the picnic all day tomorrow, then dh wants me to drive down with him to visit his mom Saturday, then I'm doing a street fair Sunday.  At the very least, I have to get done the stuff for the street fair.  I really should get done stuff for classes next week, and I have to set up bookcases in the classroom so I can clear a bunch of stuff off my tables.  I can pick up all except one of the bookcases today.  I was thinking of going while dd is at TKD, but if I go earlier I can put them together today and have more time to fill them.  Probably should do that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It is very disconcerting to be "minding your own business" in the bathroom and hear the bathroom door crack open followed by an eye pressed up to the crack - even if that eye belongs to an overgrown puppy. 

You’ll have to start locking the door again, lol. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It is very disconcerting to be "minding your own business" in the bathroom and hear the bathroom door crack open followed by an eye pressed up to the crack - even if that eye belongs to an overgrown puppy. 

This reminds me of the Bathroom Prayer I wrote when pregnant with Gymnast, for some reason...

• Like 2

I put my bookcases together.  It wasn't too bad but I had to use a hand screwdriver and my wrist is killing me.  It already ached due to the weather but screwing together two sets of cubes and two bookcases really sent it over the edge.

Next I need to cut out enough squares of card stock and strips of mirror paper to make at least 50 kaleidoscopes.  100 would probably be even better, but maybe I'll start with 50.

• Like 3

Okay. A compromise. We have to decided, after lugging the bookshelf down into the car three times and to Walmart once that the return is not going to happen. I can't find a bookshelf I like for less than $100 so we are putting the bookshelf up in a different area and resticking it to the wall in a place that if it falls it will not fall on anyone, just lean against the couch. We will get me a new bookshelf eventually, but for now my books will not be in piles on the floor. Hopefully, by Saturday we will have all of the curtains up, the posters up in the kids room and all of the artwork up making our apartment complete! Three and a half months in...

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

Okay. A compromise. We have to decided, after lugging the bookshelf down into the car three times and to Walmart once that the return is not going to happen. I can't find a bookshelf I like for less than $100 so we are putting the bookshelf up in a different area and resticking it to the wall in a place that if it falls it will not fall on anyone, just lean against the couch. We will get me a new bookshelf eventually, but for now my books will not be in piles on the floor. Hopefully, by Saturday we will have all of the curtains up, the posters up in the kids room and all of the artwork up making our apartment complete! Three and a half months in...

Wait, what?  Three and a half months already?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

What's happening with the chocolate chip situation, Whitehawk?

I think I'm going to have to call them. Laser Glare can be directed to their HQ in Chicago, too. (ICYMI: I ordered 5 lbs of chocolate chips and a few other items May 15 from the manufacturer's website, which says they normally get things out the door in 2 business days. They didn't ship until the 23rd. When I received that order, on the 28th, the chocolate chips had all melted and then re-solidified into a lump. I emailed them at once and have gotten no response. We are now at 15 days with no chocolate chips. #tragic)

We beached. I missed some spots with sunscreen and got a little burned. I haven't driven that far in a long time (around 7 hours was my round-trip total today). Good day, though. Nags Head on a Thursday is lovely. A ray swam past us.

• Like 5

It's bedtime somewhere, right? I have been so tired all day, but I kept up with laundry, dishes, and sketched a magnolia blossom to paint later, and did character work. Oncologist in the morning, and after that, I will get my "present" of colored graphite. 

• Like 4

We got to spend some quality time in the basement this evening while we waited for a warning to expire.  No one panicked.  The littlest one didn't get left upstairs this time.  I actually got a little bit of work done.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are there no thrift stores or garage sales?

I've had my eye out, particularly on craigslist. I actually tried to order one this week because between the discount and my gift card it was only $20 but they said there was something wrong with my card. It was the first time I tried to use Amazon since I moved so I'm wondering if there was a billing address problem or something. I'm watching the one that I want.

• Like 3

I don't remember if I've said this yet or not. I love Texas. I love being here. I love the people here. I love the general attitude. The PNW is the most beautiful place in the US and California is my home, but San Antonio rocks. My heart can be happy here.

Please remind me of this post in July.

• Like 8

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Headache.  I might go back to bed.

I was up pretty late last night.  I tried a couple of times to go to sleep, but I just couldn't settle my brain.  Eventually I just got up and watched part of a movie until I was finally sleepy enough.

I watched Sabrina in French.  I will say that doing duolingo this week and then watching the movie actually boosted my comprehension ability.  It's still pretty poor, but I was able to pick out quite a few words.

• Like 6

BOOKSHELF UPDATE!

So. The price on the bookshelf I've wanted for years dropped last week so that after returning our broken one, my gift card and the price drop it would have been just over $20 out of pocket. Sold! So I ordered it and the next day Amazon was like "payment declined, use a different method." I figured I had the wrong billing address after moving or something so I called and they said I had insufficient funds. :huh: They told me to use a different card. I don't have another card. That's the card. That's where the money lives. They were even holding the money they claimed I didn't have. The price of the bookshelf went back up. They said I was welcome to buy it at the higher price. :dry: So it's like a week later and they're still holding my money. Hello? Well, I got an email this morning that my bookshelf will be here Tuesday! Squeeeeeee!

Now. How to get Matt to actually return the other bookshelf...

#startedwithso

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Friday!

Hope you get some headache  relief soon, Junie!

Yay Bookshelf!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you this morning, Critter!

I had to use the Miracle Pickle Juice Cure for a stupid leg cramp. 

Ds14 has to go sing for the high school children’s choir director this afternoon - a very “no pressure” audition mostly to determine vocal range. 

I think I’ll clean the fridge today. 

Coffee!

• Like 5

Homeschool End of Year Picnic today and it looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day.  And I texted one of the board members (I think he's president now) that I spent a lot of time two years ago talking to about starting up my business because we were considering doing it at the lake but things didn't come together well, and he said he'll make sure the bathrooms are unlocked!  Yippee!    Even my anti-social son is looking forward to today.

I have to hop in the shower soon, then run out to the store for snacks.  Everyone is supposed to bring lunch for their kids and a snack/dessert to share.  I think I'm going to get fruit and some chips.  Chips just because I've been craving them and we have no good ones in the house.  I pretty much only like sour cream & onion with ridges.   Store didn't have them so dh bought some really weird flavors - pickle, and sour cream and cheddar.  Yuck to both.  I don't even like potato chips that much but when I want them, it has to be sour cream & onion with ridges.

• Like 4

We're getting a new couch delivered tomorrow.  Double power recliners.  We haven't had a couch in ages, just a couple of chairs.   We never have visitors over except my mom, and we have a super small living room with no good way to arrange things so the chairs worked better.    But mine broke while dh was down with his mom, his hasn't worked in a while and I told him it might be time to get a couch again.  I was pushing for no recline (since that's what keeps breaking down) and just get ottomans, but he didn't like that idea so it has reclines.   We don't have any coffee table because of lack of space so the ottomans probably would have been in the way most of the time, I guess.

Anyway, when dh is home I'm stuck sitting in my desk chair.  It's nice, swivels, rocks, etc. but really not that good for watching tv.  

• Like 6

Good morning!  Coffee, cereal, so on and so forth. 

I cleaned sand off all the chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, etc in prep to pack it up and drive home tomorrow. We’ve had gorgeous weather all week at the beach,  but it’s too windy for the average umbrella today. ⛱⛱⛱

Critter, thinking of you today - yay for a treat afterwards!

yay for bookshelves and choir auditions, and picnic at the lake, and a new couch, and all the things!

(((Junie))). Hope your headache is gone now. 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

It’s almost 8:00 PST and everyone except Baby is still asleep. I just got up 10 minutes ago and she just got up coughing a very phlegmy cough.

Allergy shots today for DD1, but that’s all that’s on the docket for today. School, of course.

Slashie, no dying of death, per ITT rules and regulations. Nonconformity to said rules and regulations earns you a one-way ticket to the ITT Island for reprogramming.

Critter, thoughts and prayers are with you today. I wish I could do more.

• Like 7