Menu

Ignore this thread!

MIL is out of the hospital and in a rehab facility.  FIL couldn't join her there because he lost his temper when they took him to visit and threw a tantrum in front of the doctor and nurse and they don't have a behavioral unit.  So dh called his doctor to change his medication because it turned out he wasn't taking anything to calm him down and if he shows good behavior while visiting MIL, he could possibly get in there.   Right now they are looking temporary but they are hoping to switch it to long term.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

So far I've done very little of my to-do list except laundry and a little bit of straightening up the living room.  More cleaning can't really happen until dh is back at work.  I have all week and realistically, there are only a few things that HAVE to be done this week.  Some of it can wait until I'm done with classes.  Although I don't know if I'll be doing summer camps right away or not.

Hmmm, a failing to do my to-do list booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5

The Tests are here. I don't remember the date I put on the BJU order that I said I was going to start them with Gymnast...

She already knows they are here, and doesn't care either way. Maybe I'll start this week. I'll save reading for last because she just isn't there yet, and don't want her discouraged the rest of the test.

• Like 6

Good morning!  Happy Memorial Day! (?)

Jean, could be that dh needs to preach more often if that helps you sleep.  :biggrin:

Sorry about your pen, Slache.  (I typed in 'Slache' and my iPad wanted to correct it to 'Slache'. :rolleyes:)

I have made a short list of projects to get done this summer.  It's not terribly ambitious.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I killed myself cleaning for company yesterday to the point where I had to extra drug myself to get to sleep.  I still have to kill myself some more this morning.  This is killing myself without actually dying because of ITT rules.  I hope that I can function at all once the guests actually get here. 

(I would just stuff my pride and have people over anyway but dh is freaking out about these guests - visiting missionaries.) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I need to find time to shave my legs.  I have a end of year homeschoolers picnic at the lake Wednesday.  I haven't shaved since September.  It's gonna take some time to work through it.

I promise you, as a woman and a fan of the natural look, I would not even notice whether your legs were shaved or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I killed myself cleaning for company yesterday to the point where I had to extra drug myself to get to sleep.  I still have to kill myself some more this morning.  This is killing myself without actually dying because of ITT rules.  I hope that I can function at all once the guests actually get here. 

(I would just stuff my pride and have people over anyway but dh is freaking out about these guests - visiting missionaries.) 

I think I'd be handing him a sweeper and a mop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Bandaged my fingers. It hurts, but I'd really like to hit 4K today. I am so close to done on my first draft of the third book in this series, and I so badly want to draft book four in thirty days. I know I can do it, because I'd done things like that before. Plus I don't know what's going to happen with me in the coming weeks. Storytelling feels really important to me right now. That and seeing that the boys have the time to garden, fish, and really enjoy this summer. Kind of funny, but nothing else really seems to matter right now. But I'll take it. Beats the usual summer depression that tends to set in around this time every year.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Now it's all just going to sit there for a week making me look like a dork. And I don't even get a breakfast burrito out of it!

Oooh, that sounds like a possible dinner. I think I'll go thaw some sausage. I can't have one because no GF tortillas, but I could have the fixings without the bread part.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Oooh, that sounds like a possible dinner. I think I'll go thaw some sausage. I can't have one because no GF tortillas, but I could have the fixings without the bread part.

I have been craving it so bad my husband accused me of being pregnant. I want eggs, sausage and seasoned hash browns smothered in nacho cheese.

• Like 4

Oh, and something crazy and slightly alarming happened at lunch.  Dh put a pickle on his hot dog.  And then ate it.

I have never, in the 30+ years that I have known him, seen him willingly eat or even touch a pickle of any kind.  I have seen him drive back to the burger place to request a burger that has never been touched by a pickle when they accidentally forgot to leave off the pickles.  I have seen him melt in despair over a food dish that otherwise looks tasty, but is suspected of containing relish.  

Mind blown. Maybe he is having a mid-life crisis.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Took the boys out to see the river. Higher than I've ever seen it, and full of logs. The bee fields are already flooded. But the bees are high and dry and foraging happily at my house. Good to know we got all of them out just in time.🙂

• Like 8

Velcro toddler needs to go Velcro himself to someone else for a bit.

Unfortunately he doesn't consider anyone but mom acceptable.

Much as I remind myself that taking care of a small child IS getting something done the list of other things also needing to be done remains.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh, and something crazy and slightly alarming happened at lunch.  Dh put a pickle on his hot dog.  And then ate it.

I have never, in the 30+ years that I have known him, seen him willingly eat or even touch a pickle of any kind.  I have seen him drive back to the burger place to request a burger that has never been touched by a pickle when they accidentally forgot to leave off the pickles.  I have seen him melt in despair over a food dish that otherwise looks tasty, but is suspected of containing relish.  

You might want to remind him that you have a friend with a bazooka. Just in case this whole "mid-life crisis" thing gets out of hand. 🤨

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m back!! We had a great time. It was colder than heck. It rained and snowed yesterday, which was truly amazing taking into consideration the low elevation and the time of year. The snow didn’t stick, but it was sure fun to watch, since the vast majority of the people up there don’t live where it snows.

• Like 7

Velcro toddler is now having a full-blown tantrum because I dared to walk away from him long enough to retrieve the phone that was in the basket of the stroller from when I took him on a walk.

He needs a nap but doesn't know it.

Some one remind me how long Two Years Old lasts?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Consider yourself lucky it's just a dill pickle and not a red Ferari or a little floozy on the side.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 6:52 PM, maize said:

Place names were like that in California. El Segundo--the middle syllable is pronounced like the word gun. San Pedro has a like Apple and e like East.

I lived in both those cities for several years and it drove me bonkers the whole time.

Local pronunciations are crazy. I would pronounce it "say-GOON-doh". and PAY-droh.  And I do. I guess I do it wrong. Or maybe they are wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Local pronunciations are crazy. I would pronounce it "say-GOON-doh". and PAY-droh.  And I do. I guess I do it wrong. Or maybe they are wrong.

That's how I said them before the locals corrected me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And because no one in this house but me knows how to treat cast iron, the eggs and potatoes are an abomination to both hen and vegetable. I hope this excuses me from cooking this particular meal for the rest of my natural life. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

3 hours ago, maize said:

That's how I said them before the locals corrected me.

It's a lot closer than the locals. Instead of pronouncing the /e/ as a long A, make it short E. It will sound more natural. 🙂 (the long A sound is closer to two Spanish vowels put together - ei)

You're welcome.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maize said:

Velcro toddler is now having a full-blown tantrum because I dared to walk away from him long enough to retrieve the phone that was in the basket of the stroller from when I took him on a walk.

He needs a nap but doesn't know it.

Some one remind me how long Two Years Old lasts?

Anywhere from 10 to 20, depending on the kid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Legs got shaved.  Only took two razors and about 20 minutes.  

The end of year picnic is at the lake we belong to.  We used to have a key to the clubhouse (where the bathrooms are) because we had our 4-H meetings there.  Looks like sometime in the past year they changed the locks.  So I sent an email to the board members asking if someone could open the bathrooms for us on Wednesday.  Keep your fingers crossed that someone will because it would suck if they don't. 

ETA:  Huh, two booyas in a row.  I guess this is a bathroom access booya?  

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2