Menu

Ignore this thread!

I should eat something.  I had about 5 blueberries for breakfast (and coffee) but I'm still not hungry.

You will be proud to hear that I drove dh's car today for the first time.  I have been avoiding it due to the scary push-button starter.

I gotta go eat something and then fix ds14's science course listing for the umbrella school reporting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I should eat something.  I had about 5 blueberries for breakfast (and coffee) but I'm still not hungry.

You will be proud to hear that I drove dh's car today for the first time.  I have been avoiding it due to the scary push-button starter.

I gotta go eat something and then fix ds14's science course listing for the umbrella school reporting.

We have a car with push-button start.  I love it!

(We also have a 12-passenger van that's about the same age as yours.)

Twinsies!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My Least Favorite Aunt came three weeks ago and stayed for a week and a half.  She came again today and seems to be intent on getting all her visiting rushed through in 4 hours.  Svengo.

I'm sorry. My least favorite aunt came to visit once three times in one month.  That's what Peri will do to you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Love your garden, Bookie. I love marigolds, too. I grew quite a few of them last year, paired with purple salvia. They made a stunning combination. Sweet little herb gardens. If they are close to your kitchen they will be very handy for cooking.

• Like 2

I am feeling so groggy. I think it's because I got into the chocolate chips. I did so well last week. I even lost a pound.  And then, for some reason, this week hit me like a ton of bricks and..... someone pass me the chocolate chips.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm so excited! If this posts correctly, these are pictures of my first ever container garden! Or, really, any kind of garden. Every year I want to plant something and learn to grow food and pretty flowers, and every year there's a reason why that doesn't work out. So this year, I decided I wasn't waiting for the "right" time anymore. I planted dill, thyme, Italian parsley, chives, basil, Early Girl tomatoes, and Sweet 100 cherry tomatoes. Hopefully they're good, because I don't have a clue what the differences are between varieties. (Reader picked Early Girl, because it has girl in the name.) There's also a petunia (Runner's choice) and a few marigolds. Marigolds are kind of a funky flower. I like them. So, here's hoping I can keep them all alive! The lady at the garden store said I couldn't kill them, and I thought of Anakin Skywalker when he was facing off against Obi-Wan Kebobi. "You underestimate my power."

Any and all advice welcome!

So beautiful!!

The only advice I have is to water more frequently when it's hot, especially tomatoes, write down the plant varieties and make notes of the ones that did really well, and don't be hard on yourself if they don't all make it.  

Enjoy!  I love my container garden!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Slache said:

John's been trying to catch a bug for an hour to study it. I'll send him your way.

Send him to me so Gymnast can teach him how it's done.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

He's not very efficient.  Let me know when he gets better at it.  😂😜 

(j/k)

He'll be over soon. All Gymnast needs is about an hour to get John on the right path, then I'll send him your way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I gave in to the Dark Side. of Chocolate. 

This weather is killing me. We are running the AC, so it's not hot in the house, but I swear I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard  of Oz in that @#$(*& poppy field. I am so drowsy I can't do a thing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I just realized that the Booyah on this page was mine.  I claimed it, so please don't yell at me.  🙂

Hmmm, I don’t know, Junie. I think this lapse on your part is going to require some review of ITT Rules and Regulations at the Academy on ITT Island. I understand Rocco is a very good tutor and will refill your umbrella drinks and massage your feet in between drilling you with flash cards. Actually, the flash cards are made on slabs of chocolate and when you get an answer right you can eat it.😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spudater said:

I love herbs. Especially live rosemary. 

I do, too. My cat fell asleep under the rosemary bush once and I couldn’t figure out why she smelled so good.😂😂😂

I put some fresh basil in the pasta salad tonight. It was so yummy!

oooh, I got a Booya/h!! It’s a fresh herb Booya/h!

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h, Baby!!
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Actually, the flash cards are made on slabs of chocolate and when you get an answer right you can eat it.😂

This is quite possibly the most brilliant educational methodology ever conceived.  Learning time can be followed by an hour of jumping on a trampoline.

• Like 4

All of yesterday afternoon was spent watching movies and dealing with a ferocious headache. Today looks like I get to start out with the same ferocious headache. Sigh. But I must get work done today regardless. Nothing got done yesterday. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Are you talking about the scams from “Microsoft” where they want access to your computer?

No, I mean I'm not allowed to use Skype even though I gave the correct password.

*sprays headache-be-gone carefully in Critter's direction*

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday.

Hot!!☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥🔥 This warm weather is melting all the snow in the mountains and the rivers are in flood stage. It would be nice if we could build more dams to store this water for drought years, but the idiots in Sacramento don’t think that’s a good idea. They would rather flood us out and then make everyone suffer when there’s not enough water. Fortunately, in our town, the river banks are high enough to contain the water, but down stream a bit there are issues.

School today.

Cut-and-color this afternoon.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Day 1 of my container garden: one of my marigolds is droopy. I'm hoping it will rally once the sun warms up, but I'm a little concerned about it. It's the one Squishy planted, and he loves hard.

Make sure they get plenty of water initially. Transplanting disturbs the roots and your little planties are going to need a lot of water to make up for that. They may look stressed for a couple of days, but after that, they should perk up.

• Like 4