Menu

Ignore this thread!

38 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Is it still raining where you Are? Have you been washed away, yet?

The rain has stopped - just heavy clouds and very humid.

37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’d like to know how I am supposed to lose weight if I have leftover enchiladas and berry pie for dessert? It just aint’t gonna happen. But that berry pie is soooooo good. 

The Struggle. Is. Real.

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Just don't eat anything else all day. 

That's my plan for tomorrow.  We're going out for our anniversary.

• Like 2

You might have spent a lot of time with young kids when your criticism of other drivers starts to sound like...

• You are in my personal space. Please choose a different lane.
  • The arrow shows what you can do from the lane you picked. If you are disappointed in your choice, please obey the arrow anyway and try again in a few minutes. We do not have room for you over here right now.
  • Who can tell me what the word YIELD means?
  • The red dot up there means it is not your turn yet. Other drivers are having their turn right now. You will know it's your turn when you see green.
  • We will all have more fun driving if you do not try to do other things at the same time. Please focus until you're all the way there.
  • Now, are you showing me your best parking today? It looks like you had trouble staying inside the lines.  
Edited by 73349
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Junie said:

How many points do I get for slamming on the brakes (of my 12 passenger van) to avoid killing a squirrel?

It's impossible to avoid the squirrels around here.  They dive at your tires from the side.  Chipmunks too.  Total kamikazes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Isn't Awix's birthday coming up?

Yes! June. I have no idea what day. Week after next, I think. John has a Sonic and Mary has an Amy so he's getting a Tails. The plan is to go to the beach and get a surprise party set up while he's in the tub. Family only because we have no friends yet. So really just surprise pizza, ice cream and a present. He'll be thrilled.

13th, according to John.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes! June. I have no idea what day. Week after next, I think. John has a Sonic and Mary has an Amy so he's getting a Tails. The plan is to go to the beach and get a surprise party set up while he's in the tub. Family only because we have no friends yet. So really just surprise pizza, ice cream and a present. He'll be thrilled.

13th, according to John.

Sounds lovely!

36 minutes ago, Slache said:

13th, according to John.

That's next week.  Just in case you wanted to panic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Does berry pie freeze well?

Does frozen berry pie ship to the East Coast well?

#felpful

Well, i'm not sure. My berry pies get eaten up too quickly.  I made 2 yesterday. Now there is 1/4 left.

#fractions

#lifeisaneducation

#imgettingfat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ok, fine!! I guess I am becoming THAT person. You know, the person who sits in her office all by herself, drinks COFFEE!!!! and watches cat and baby videos on FB and laughs and laughs and laughs. All by herself.

I need to get up and do something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If I look to see how far I've come, I am encouraged.  If I look to see how far I have yet to go, I am discouraged.  I need backward facing blinders. 

Yes, well you encourage me, Jeannie!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I gotta a hammer!!!! Ima gonna hang some pitchers.

I found some pictures that the girls painted and I love the colors, so I bought some cheap frames from Walmart with matting and framed them. They're gorgeous. Seriously.  One is just blobs of paint with some glitter and googly eyes, but matted and framed..... it's artwork.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, fine!! I guess I am becoming THAT person. You know, the person who sits in her office all by herself, drinks COFFEE!!!! and watches cat and baby videos on FB and laughs and laughs and laughs. All by herself.

Wait. Is there shame in this?  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Spudater said:

If I had a hammer...

I'd a hammer in the mornin, I'd a hammer in the evenin, all over this land...

Anybody else grow up listening to Peter, Paul and Mary? My mom played that record all the time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, maize said:

I'd a hammer in the mornin, I'd a hammer in the evenin, all over this land...

Anybody else grow up listening to Peter, Paul and Mary? My mom played that record all the time.

24 minutes ago, Spudater said:

My favorite was Lemon Tree. 🙂

I love Peter, Paul and Mary!  ❤️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Who’s getting married?

I guess someone it wasn't worth paying to go see. Lemme check. He says his second cousin's son. I've never met my second cousins. I'm not sure I have any. I assume if he knows his that I didn't marry one so at least I have that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, i'm not sure. My berry pies get eaten up too quickly.  I made 2 yesterday. Now there is 1/4 left.

#fractions

#lifeisaneducation

#imgettingfat

1/4 of one pie or 1/4 of the 2 pies?  

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

Yeah...I would never be THAT person either...👀

I’d drink tea...

Booyah!

I'd never be that person either.   I have no office......and I drink tea.

But I'd take the by myself part of it any day.

• Like 3

We started "It" but I watched a clown eat a child I had grown attached to in 3 minutes of air time so we're watching "Boondock Saints" since we were too tired to on St. Patty's Day which is our tradition.

Oop! Russians! Get ready!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

Speaking of Irish Dance my kids had their dance showcase tonight--all but my two year old were dancing. Unfortunately I didn't see much of it because Mr. Two is terrified of people and refuses to go into any room with people. Immediate family is not People, we are his Guys and acceptable company. All other hominids are highly suspicious.

Fortunately their teacher videoed everything; dd15 and her friends were laughing hilariously over their four hand (four person) dance because they apparently got lost somewhere along the way and were making stuff up on the fly--while trying to look all synchronized and planned.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I guess someone it wasn't worth paying to go see. Lemme check. He says his second cousin's son. I've never met my second cousins. I'm not sure I have any. I assume if he knows his that I didn't marry one so at least I have that.

I've met a few second cousins. 

I don't know any well enough to recognize them on the street though.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, maize said:

There are people who have time to watch videos on St Patrick's Day?

Guess we've been an Irish Dance family for too long, I forget that St Patty's isn't the absolute busiest holiday of the year for most people...

This is the kind of movie you watch after the kids go to bed.

34 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Hi, everybody!  We're hanging out at home tonight.  One more super busy week, then I'm off for a week!  I'm currently in bed, eating snacks, and watching My Lottery Dream Home on HGTV.  Dh is watching Pickers or that car show or something.  Both kids have disappeared into their rooms.

I thought Awix was born on the 12th. But I'm sure John remembers correctly.

A dog farted on my bed.

Matt says 13th. He was due on the 14th. The due dates are why I don't know their birthdays. I spent 8 month memorizing guaranteed birthdays with the second and third.

28 minutes ago, maize said:

Marrying a second cousin would no big deal, you wouldn't share more than something like 3% of your DNA on average.

Good to know. I'll remember that next time.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Junie said:

I remember my kids' birthdays and their due dates.

Remembering their names, however...

My kids due dates were set in stone though. Like the surgeon scheduled it and that was the date. My kids were just mischievous and ruined the whole thing.

I am very good with her names! I can't remember anybody else's name. For some reason my husband often introduces himself as Mark or Ben. He never remembers afterwards. We are a very special family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Slache said:

For some reason my husband often introduces himself as Mark or Ben. He never remembers afterwards. We are a very special family.

He's undercover and doesn't want anyone to know his real name.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Renai said:

He's undercover and doesn't want anyone to know his real name.

People have thought this. One person in particular (a good friend) cannot be convinced otherwise. She saw him introduce himself as Ben multiple times and my stories about my past are inconsistent due to my memory problems. She loves us but does not believe us. She even said she knew we'd never move back to the Midwest because we'd never live in the same place twice. She calls him Ben.

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Why are people watching things for St Patrick’s Day today?  Today isn’t St. Patrick’s Day. I’m Irish so I know these things. 

Because we were tired on St. Patty's Day and wanted to watch something.

No. You do not have red hair.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

He did not believe he gave people the wrong name. He does it because he's nervous meeting new people. At his last job a coworker liked Starbucks but couldn't drive so MattMarkBen drove him for free coffee. He was so irritated that they always got his name wrong. Finally one day it clicked and now he'll catch himself doing it. He calls me the wrong thing introducing me to people as well. Usually Rebekah, but sometimes Leah or Lisa. And sometimes his mom's, sister's or grandma's name.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

But my Eurasian son, who has black hair, has a red beard.  People don't believe him when he says that he didn't dye it. 

My husband does too. I keep hoping for a redhead with brown or green eyes.

• Thanks 1

Good morning!

Dd16 is on her way to take the ACT.  Please pray for her.  She's nervous.  I told her this is her first "let's get to know each other" test attempt so no pressure, but I'm not sure it helped.  She took an ACT prep class all year and does online prep, but her brain doesn't work in a "standardized test-friendly" way, so we'll see.  Our hope is that she can score high enough to take a CC dual enrollment class in the fall.

Today is our 28th anniversary.  We are going out to dinner at a nearby restaurant.

The kids had a fairly successful time busking last night - they each made $21 in an hour of playing.  Not their highest earnings, but very respectable. 

You all will have to remind us of the St. Patrick's Day movies to watch next year.  

Coffee!

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday.

i woke up before 6:00am this morning. What the heck?? It’s Saturday. And I was up till all hours last night because the #$&@ neighbors’ #@##$&£§ dogs were up barking at something and wouldn’t quit and I kept having fantasies of lobbing raw meat laced with cyanide over the fence,

The little girls have a birthday party this afternoon, but that’s all that’s on the docket for today. I imagine I will have to go to the Afsa at some point,

• Like 3
  • Sad 1