Menu

Ignore this thread!

Do you ever get the feeling that you should have just stayed in bed?

Yes. And the feeling that I should go take a nap. I did *not* get enough sleep last night, and I had some serious lunchtime crashing going on, and will probably crash some more later. I know, not what you meant, but still. 

• Like 2

Dd19 passed out in her 8am class this morning. :svengo: She said she hadn't had anything to eat or drink and her professor starting talking about the time he cut his wrist and there was blood...

:grouphug:  BTDT (not because of the thought of blood, but I have passed out numerous times)

• Like 1

I got a request. Fingers crossed, folks.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Dd19 passed out in her 8am class this morning. :svengo: She said she hadn't had anything to eat or drink and her professor starting talking about the time he cut his wrist and there was blood...

:svengo:   Is she okay?  He should have issued a blood-po warning!  

• Like 6

I’ve passed out numerous times. The most embarrassing was when I was teachIng school. It was an afternoon class and there had been a blood drive at the high school over the noon hour. I gave blood like a good and compassionate citizen. I ate lunch and drank a bunch of water, but still got light headed in my science class and passed out. I was fine in a few minutes and laid in the office for the rest of the period and then resumed the rest of the afternoon. But my smart alek students wouldn’t let me Forget It!😜

• Like 3

I am gug today. Matt's still home sick. Tacos for dinner, with a movie.

Good morning. Still no computer. I do type quite a bit on my phone but doing school today is going to have some extra challenges. Which I will handle cuz of my inner Xena Warrior Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is broken. I cannot get a new one until tax return. I will be buying a refurbished one WITH WINDOWS SEVEN!

• Like 4

For realz?  :hurray:

Fingers crossed!

For realz. I'm about as giddy as a that crazed squirrel from the song right now. One of my top picks of agents, too. But now I get to wait and see. There's a lot that goes into considering whether an agent wants to sell a book. But even if it's an ultimate rejection, it's still my first request, and that means in some form or fashion, I did something right with the story.

• Like 10

I'm hoping my old laptop holds out for another year or so. DH laughs at me because of the sticky keys, the missing keys and the bad battery that makes it totally useless if the power goes out. But hey--I wrote a novel on the thing. I will probably cry when it comes time to retire it.

• Like 3

Good morning. Still no computer. I do type quite a bit on my phone but doing school today is going to have some extra challenges. Which I will handle cuz of my inner Xena Warrior Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get desperate, let me know. We have oodles of laptops. I can sneak one out and overnight it. (DH is a tinkerer [and a packrat]. At last count we had something like 10 laptops. :glare: )

• Like 6

What's wrong with windiws 10?

Everything. About once a quarter it updates and removes my manually installed programs (photoshop, word) and says they can't be reinstalled but I can purchase the ones specifically made for 10 and I have to dig through the programming to work around it. It has a 5 hour or more update every two weeks or so, after which I go through and change all the settings to avoid things like automatic screen resizing and effing cortana and her attitude. There are built in advertisements. It will do anything to prevent me from using programs I own, as in that I've paid for, to make me buy more. I have literally pirated material I own so that I could install it. I don't like that it's app based. I grew up in the 90s; I like DOS. I can manipulate DOS. Leave my computer alone and let me do my thing. Stop "updating" it.

• Like 6

If you get desperate, let me know. We have oodles of laptops. I can sneak one out and overnight it. (DH is a tinkerer [and a packrat]. At last count we had something like 10 laptops. :glare: )

We have oodles too cuz of Tech Support. But I might lobby for a new one anyway cuz even Warrior Princesses are still princesses. It depends on whether the ones around here can do all the things that I need them to do.

• Like 5

Why?

Macs are too clever for their own good. I just want my computer to do what I tell it to do, and not decide to close the program at random moments like my Apple things do all the time.

(That being said, there are some applications for which Macs work supremely well, I just don't need any of them.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Everything. About once a quarter it updates and removes my manually installed programs (photoshop, word) and says they can't be reinstalled but I can purchase the ones specifically made for 10 and I have to dig through the programming to work around it. It has a 5 hour or more update every two weeks or so, after which I go through and change all the settings to avoid things like automatic screen resizing and effing cortana and her attitude. There are built in advertisements. It will do anything to prevent me from using programs I own, as in that I've paid for, to make me buy more. I have literally pirated material I own so that I could install it. I don't like that it's app based. I grew up in the 90s; I like DOS. I can manipulate DOS. Leave my computer alone and let me do my thing. Stop "updating" it.

Can you turn off automatic updates?

Macs are too clever for their own good. I just want my computer to do what I tell it to do, and not decide to close the program at random moments like my Apple things do all the time.

(That being said, there are some applications for which Macs work supremely well, I just don't need any of them.)

?? My (read: district's) Mac doesn't do that...

I’ve passed out numerous times. The most embarrassing was when I was teachIng school. It was an afternoon class and there had been a blood drive at the high school over the noon hour. I gave blood like a good and compassionate citizen. I ate lunch and drank a bunch of water, but still got light headed in my science class and passed out. I was fine in a few minutes and laid in the office for the rest of the period and then resumed the rest of the afternoon. But my smart alek students wouldn’t let me Forget It!😜

I have passed out:

1. In the lunch line in third grade.  I hit my head on the cash register.  Was wheeled to the nurses station in a wheelchair by the principal.  I need not say how embarrassing this is for a third grader.

2. Waiting in line to see a movie/show at a museum in D.C. with my dad.  He really wanted to see it.  We were almost to the front of the line.  The first aid station was very far away, and we ended up missing our chance to see the show.  I was devastated for my dad.  Years later I recounted the incident and he had no memory of it whatsoever.  Apparently the show wasn't as important to him that day as my health. :wub:  But I continue to feel awful about it to this day.

3. On a plane home from college for winter break.  My plane got emergency status to land.  I had to sign a waiver when I refused transport to a hospital. I had almost missed my flight when I overslept, and had to get to the airport in under an hour.  I had not eaten.  It was a short flight and they didn't serve food.   My dad and I laughed about it on the way home, but he admitted he was freaking out when I was the only one not to get off the plane after the emergency landing. 

4. One time at home by myself for no reason.  I felt it coming and woke up on my bed.

5. During a photo shoot at a restaurant.  I think I told you this one before.  The flash from the cameras made me have a mini-seizure, they think.  But the hospital diagnosed it as vertigo, gave me liquids, and sent me home.

It's been 18 years since the last time.

• Like 2

I hate Windows 10 at home.  At work it's awesome, because IT handles all that updating stuff and if I have a problem I just submit a ticket and get paid to wait for them to handle it.  :LOL:

At home, what Slache says.  And those updates cost me my spreadsheet earlier this year, remember?  Grrrr.

I do like LibreOffice now, though. 

DH wants a Mac next time.  I won't stop him or complain.

• Like 4

A nurse doing an exam for a life insurance quote just left. I got poked and since I'm at home instead of by my doctor's where I usually get blood taken, I don't get my reward doughnut afterwards for being a good, brave girl. It's not fair!  :crying:

• Like 4

A nurse doing an exam for a life insurance quote just left. I got poked and since I'm at home instead of by my doctor's where I usually get blood taken, I don't get my reward doughnut afterwards for being a good, brave girl. It's not fair!  :crying:

Do you want me to bring you a doughnut (ETA: and a frou-frou coffee)?  I could be there in a couple of hours.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2