Menu

Ignore this thread!

So. The short person is taking a BW class on SAT/ACT essay writing. I just realized that we have a problem. We have completely failed to re-create testing conditions. Because there is just no way that the kid's gonna do the real thing with a cat on her lap. :mellow:

Just have it certified as a therapy cat.

• Like 8

So, I'm looking up stuff in the google drive and come across a paper I wrote. I thought to myself, "Wow, I sure was smart... a couple of years ago..."

I mean, I don't even remember reading about this stuff I was citing in this paper, let alone writing about it. And understanding it. And sounding intelligent...

We remember when you did that.  We didn't understand it either.   :D

• Like 5

Dd is insisting to her dying breath (ok - she's not really dead) that there is no such word as "longitudinally". Where did I go wrong? :confused1:

It is a word. Look up Longitudinally extensive spinal cord lesions (LESCL).

ETA: never mind! I reread your post and realized I thought she was saying it was a word but you were saying it wasn’t.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘☕ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘☕ï¸â˜•ï¸

With my luck they’ll probably discover that COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Is the cause of UTIs.

• Like 3

I’m an idiot. I just spilled water all over my laptop computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ok. I once burnt a hole in my laptop by setting it on the stove to read a recipe and turning the wrong burner on and wondering why my food wasn't heating and then smelling a horrible smell.  :scared: And my MIL was visiting and witnessed the whole thing. 

We put some duct tape on it and it worked for years after that. I hope yours is equally resilient.  :grouphug:

• Like 12

With my luck they’ll probably discover that COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ Is the cause of UTIs.

No. This can’t be. I refuse to believe it.

• Like 2

That's ok. I once burnt a hole in my laptop by setting it on the stove to read a recipe and turning the wrong burner on and wondering why my food wasn't heating and then smelling a horrible smell. :scared: And my MIL was visiting and witnessed the whole thing.

We put some duct tape on it and it worked for years after that. I hope yours is equally resilient. :grouphug:

Best story ever!!!
  • Like 2

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸[emoji106][emoji106]☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸[emoji106][emoji106]☕ï¸â˜•ï¸[emoji106][emoji106]☕ï¸â˜•ï¸

I hate to be annoying but if it is interstitial cystitis the acidity of the coffee could be triggering it.

• Like 4

I hate to be annoying but if it is interstitial cystitis the acidity of the coffee could be triggering it.

but I do test positive for UTI in a urine culture and Wikipedia said you test negative. Unless I read that wrong. And i’ve Been trying to increase my acidity, since I read that you’re supposed to do that with UTI. I take vitamin C and cranberry supplements.
  • Like 1

Dehydration. Less coffee, more agua.

That's ok. I once burnt a hole in my laptop by setting it on the stove to read a recipe and turning the wrong burner on and wondering why my food wasn't heating and then smelling a horrible smell.  :scared: And my MIL was visiting and witnessed the whole thing. 

We put some duct tape on it and it worked for years after that. I hope yours is equally resilient.  :grouphug:

This is hilarious! I'm sorry.

Hello

:seeya: :grouphug:

I am badly in need of sleep.

Lo siento.

Now we are popping popcorn for a snack. Spoiled turtles.

I decided a long time ago I was coming back in my next life as one of your children.
  • Like 6

Two more queries sent out today. Over 1000 words written, picture of peaches substantially complete, house cleaned, turtles pampered. Bedtime.

ETA: Bedtime Booyah

Done the work,

Done the things,

Now it's time for my bedtime,

And I'll sleep,

Dream so deep,

Yes, it's time to go to bed!

Nighty, night,

Sleepy tight,

Until morning's light,

Nightly, night,

Sleepy tight,

All my friends of ITT.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 8

I had my books color coded with sticker dots at one point.

Pink was for foreign languages.

So Latin is pink.

Red was history.

Dark Green was science.

Yellow was language arts and literature.

White was religion and family history.

Light green was parenting and homeschooling how-to.

And blue...blue was something. Can't remember.

That system fell apart many years ago but I've still got books with dots around. I should find a blue one and see what it is. I must have had a category that included cookbooks and such.

Blue is Math.   

I know this because....Yes!  Latin is pink (and Spanish, et.al.)

And Dark Green is Science.

And Shades of yellow for various branches of LA.  

Bible is more of a silver though.  But only because I was writing on white labels so white wouldn't show up. 

Mind meld, apparently.  :coolgleamA:

• Like 1

Paige, what kinda laptop was THAT?!?

I think it was a Vaio...it's in DDs room and still works. DH thinks I was lucky and just melted the fan out, but it's well ventilated now! LOL!! And it doesn't open and close well because it's all warped in the back, but it runs fine except for being old. DD got lucky- normally DH would have sold it when he upgraded mine but he didn't bother with this one. I'm not sure anyone, except maybe Jean today, can imagine the sickening feeling of realizing what I'd done at that moment. Just had to laugh...MIL thought it was hysterical. 

• Like 4