Menu

Ignore this thread!

Do I want to read 1984?

Yes! And if you haven't read Brave New World, also that. And then Walden Two for something a bit cheerier. #readallthebooks

I don’t do Facebook.

I do, but not on my phone.

DS is off at a birthday party. I should be doing something productive.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Saturday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Slept in late!!!!🛌🛌🛌ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Cats are fussing over food bowls. I gave Chester his own food bowl yesterday and now he thinks he belongs. He’s Growling at this big white and orange Tom we’ve been seeing recently. ðŸ±ðŸ±

No real plans for today. Maybe do a litttle yard work and a little housework. Of course we gotta go to the Afsa to get groceries and stuff for tomorrow’s game. I have no idea what i’m Going to do with myself on Sunday afternoons after tomorrow until September.

Hockey.

• Like 3

So hypothetically, if a young man starts dating, when and how does he start bringing her around his family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today.

ETA:  I missed the "how".  In his car.

I would schedule a game night/movie night/watch sportsball thing and ask him to invite her.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

So hypothetically, if a young man starts dating, when and how does he start bringing her around his family?

Invite her to church? I'm assuming she's Christian and this would not make her uncomfortable. Maybe church and lunch?

• Like 4

Our furnace is dead. I think I smelled it dying last night. We have another one but I don't think it can keep up with the whole house. Someone's supposed to come out today, but then we'll have to pay him.

Perhaps the ENB needs to come over and do some 'splainin' to your furnace. It is February and There are Rules. :glare:

• Like 5

Perhaps the ENB needs to come over and do some 'splainin' to your furnace. It is February and There are Rules. :glare:

This reminds me.  If they don't get there soon, call back and tell them you have a newborn.

We had a furnace go out and they told me three days.  I told them I had a newborn and they told me one hour.   :thumbup1:

• Like 10

When he can come up with some crazy family project for her to participate in. Like painting the house. Or having a yard sale. Or going to the farmer's market. Or scrubbing/repairing the back deck.

Church is also good.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

The furnace guy is here. I don’t know what’s up yet because I’m hiding in my room with Baby nursing/sleeping. He’s still a newborn?

My room is warm but DH said my son’s room in the basement was 50 degrees. Maybe DS will eventually put on some socks and a sweater. He says he won’t.

• Like 5

The furnace guy is here. I don’t know what’s up yet because I’m hiding in my room with Baby nursing/sleeping. He’s still a newborn?

My room is warm but DH said my son’s room in the basement was 50 degrees. Maybe DS will eventually put on some socks and a sweater. He says he won’t.

When our furnace went out, dd15 was about 7 months old.  Thinking back on it, I probably used the word "infant".

Depends on the family. He doesn’t want to scare her off! I told my DC to not tell MIL they have a SO until they are ready to get married. #notworthit

Hmmm...I didn’t meet MIL myself until DH and I were engaged! I was so scared I almost cried.

• Like 7

If you took it so far that you wouldn’t even find out who’s running in the next election bc you couldn’t handle reading any news, sure. But you don’t have to read 1984.

I'd rather read 1984 as if it were dystopian than learn any more about the real dystopia.

• Like 3

I met DH’s parents after we had been dating about a month. But DH and I were at an age where marriage was definitely a possibility. They invited me over for dinner. It was then that I found out the name thing....DH has 3 brothers and one sister. His oldest brother married a Kristin. The brother just older than him married a Christa. His sister is Christine. And I am Kristen. And his aunt had told him once, “Don’t worry honey, you’ll find your Kris...â€. It was fate.

• Like 12

Depends on the family. He doesn’t want to scare her off! I told my DC to not tell MIL they have a SO until they are ready to get married. #notworthit

Hmmm...I didn’t meet MIL myself until DH and I were engaged! I was so scared I almost cried.

Oh yeah. We don't tell my in-laws anything until it's done. We wouldn't even tell them the names of our kids until the birth certificate papers were signed.

• Like 1

You get the decide that for yourself. ;). But as an educator, I believe that some of life’s important questions and issues can be disturbing but yet have immense value in grappling with.

I'm going to change our homeschool name to "Nothing Unpleasant Homeschool."  Mascot:  The Ostrich!!   :lol:    :leaving:

• Like 9

I have finished my tidying projects and put all the things away and found homes for other things and threw out a whole bunch and dusted the floor. (Wally is not yet allowed in this room.) I also ate some applesauce and put shower curtains in the laundry.

Dh has installed our new fancy curved shower rod that I got (from Aldi) about 6 months ago. Now he is installing the under-the-cabinet wine holder, also purchased 6 months ago. Go dh, go! :D

Now I need to have more coffee and read Til We Have Faces and maybe have popcorn for lunch.

Dh wants to go on a hike.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

I have finished my tidying projects and put all the things away and found homes for other things and threw out a whole bunch and dusted the floor. (Wally is not yet allowed in this room.) I also ate some applesauce and put shower curtains in the laundry.

Dh has installed our new fancy curved shower rod that I got (from Aldi) about 6 months ago. Now he is installing the under-the-cabinet wine holder, also purchased 6 months ago. Go dh, go! :D

Now I need to have more coffee and read Til We Have Faces and maybe have popcorn for lunch.

Dh wants to go on a hike.

That's sneaky!  But handy if Baptists come over.   :laugh:

• Like 4

We have to get a new furnace. Good news is that it's not as expensive as we feared; bad news is that it can't be done until Mon or Tues at the earliest because they have to get it delivered. Good news is that our upstairs furnace is still happy and DS can sleep upstairs in the spare bedroom; bad news is DS is annoying at night, has a hard time sleeping, and I'll have to not watch tv if he sleeps up here. 

• Like 4

We have to get a new furnace. Good news is that it's not as expensive as we feared; bad news is that it can't be done until Mon or Tues at the earliest because they have to get it delivered. Good news is that our upstairs furnace is still happy and DS can sleep upstairs in the spare bedroom; bad news is DS is annoying at night, has a hard time sleeping, and I'll have to not watch tv if he sleeps up here.

Oh stink!! Glad you have a bit of heat working, at least.

Is Wally a roomba? I haven't figured this out yet.

Matt and I are fighting. It's bad. I might put a laxative in his dinner. Or arsenic. I haven't decided.

Please don’t do this. Then we’d all be witnesses at your murder trial. And I plan on pretending I don’t know you when you kill someone. Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

Join a convent.😂😂😂

Which, on some days sounds extremely appealing!!! Especially if it were in the mountains of France or northern Italy somewhere.

:glare: See...I wouldn't be all that into that option myself. Although a mountain retreat in France of Italy sounds delightful. 

ETA: It's a run-away-vacation Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

School room (aka the loft) has been cleaned. :hurray:

You don’t realize how much junk you accumulate until you see it in garbage bags.

DH unclogged the kitchen drain. He also fixed the dripping pipe we didn’t know about. So let’s hear it for clogged drains preventing further damage! Woot!

• Like 7

Or arsenic. I haven't decided.

Do you know this joke?

WOMAN: If you were my husband I'd put poison in your tea.

MAN: If you were my wife, I'd drink it.

No misbehavior from kitty so far today, but DS was gone for three four hours.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 7

I am a tired cookie. But I got home to no rejections, which is nice, because I assume that agents work on the weekends like I do. More queries out next week.

In the meantime, Imma eat my mushroom infested pizza for a late lunch, write about 500 words of something, and pretend I don't have school planning and a grocery list to write. I might just curl up with books my my writing buddies and have a relaxing Saturday afternoon for a change.

• Like 6

Is Wally a roomba? I haven't figured this out yet.

Matt and I are fighting. It's bad. I might put a laxative in his dinner. Or arsenic. I haven't decided.

This is Wally - a Dibea D960. He was on a lightning deal a couple weeks ago.

https://smile.amazon.com/Dibea-Cleaner-Self-Charging-Cleaning-Technology/dp/B075QFLX72/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517690371&sr=8-2&keywords=dibea+d960

(((Slache)))