Menu

Ignore this thread!

I made a fruit infusion last night, since I really need to drink more water. It’s quite tasty. I had bought a pineapple, after I cut it up, I put the core in a pitcher and then cut up a big orange and threw that in, too, with some water and a bit of stevia. It’s yummy!!

• Like 2

We're back from our teen outing. My sheets are in the washer, bathroom rugs are in the dryer, dishwasher loaded and running, Rosie the roomba is working, dc have done their chores, and I have just finished my lunch. Maybe read and nap while stuff is working.

I love putting my electronic servants to work.

That's how I think of it; get up in the morning and put the servants to work.

I have no desire to have human servants, but I do rather appreciate the machine kind.

• Like 4

Do you love him?

I was very pleased last night that he was working hard on the floors so I could focus on cooking dinner. The Pakistani Kima was tasty!

I am still working out the kinks. I would have preferred to get a Neato d80 botvac, but they are so expensive. The Neato actually scans a room and "remembers" a logical pattern of vacuuming the rooms. The Dibea works like most of them in that they go kinda random all over the place and hopefully hit all the places before they run out of battery.

So far, if we let Wally go for his whole battery life (over 2 hours), he does indeed seem to hit pretty much everywhere he's allowed - living room, dining room, kitchen. Might be about 600 square feet. He goes from hardwood to area rugs/door mats and over the bump into the kitchen without any trouble.

He WILL get stuck on the foot of a Manhassett music stand, and sometimes he seems to obsess over one area because he runs into something and ends up right back where he has already been over 3 times. So I pick him up and put him in another place. I think the main solution to that is to change where his charging station is so he doesn't start and continually get stuck under the kitchen table. Once he got a small pencil stuck in the brush and he turned himself off.

When the battery gets low or we hit the "home" button on the remote, he turns off the brushes and finds his way back to the charging station. He is surprisingly quiet. He has a hepa filter and is super easy to empty of dust. I think I like him well enough that I will eventually get the mopping accessory that is available. Not that our floors are getting so clean, I can see that we really need more mopping. :D

• Like 2

I was very pleased last night that he was working hard on the floors so I could focus on cooking dinner. The Pakistani Kima was tasty!

I am still working out the kinks. I would have preferred to get a Neato d80 botvac, but they are so expensive. The Neato actually scans a room and "remembers" a logical pattern of vacuuming the rooms. The Dibea works like most of them in that they go kinda random all over the place and hopefully hit all the places before they run out of battery.

So far, if we let Wally go for his whole battery life (over 2 hours), he does indeed seem to hit pretty much everywhere he's allowed - living room, dining room, kitchen. Might be about 600 square feet. He goes from hardwood to area rugs/door mats and over the bump into the kitchen without any trouble.

He WILL get stuck on the foot of a Manhassett music stand, and sometimes he seems to obsess over one area because he runs into something and ends up right back where he has already been over 3 times. So I pick him up and put him in another place. I think the main solution to that is to change where his charging station is so he doesn't start and continually get stuck under the kitchen table. Once he got a small pencil stuck in the brush and he turned himself off.

When the battery gets low or we hit the "home" button on the remote, he turns off the brushes and finds his way back to the charging station. He is surprisingly quiet. He has a hepa filter and is super easy to empty of dust. I think I like him well enough that I will eventually get the mopping accessory that is available. Not that our floors are getting so clean, I can see that we really need more mopping. :D

Does he chase the bunnies?

I thought they all memorized the layout. I'll check "mine" to make sure it does before I order. I have a workout mat. Do you think it will go over that? Mine can mop. Not like replace mopping, but like "Hmm.. do you think we should mop?" "No, let's just run the thing and we'll mop later" kind of a thing.

That's sneaky!  But handy if Baptists come over.   :laugh:

Except she just told me where to look.   :leaving:

(Don't worry.  I don't generally look in people's cabinets.  I will sometimes look in people's bathroom cabinets to make sure that there's nothing that will kill my littles if they were to go snooping.)

• Like 2

Matt's uncle is sending $6,000 overseas to a woman he's going to marry because once they're married she's going to inherit $25,000,000 and share it with him. There is no talking him out of it.

Slache and Matt need to go hold hands on the sofa.

No.

Day 20 step goal met

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get broth?
  • Like 1

That is awesome!!! I need one of those thIng!!!!!
  • Like 1

Matt's uncle is sending $6,000 overseas to a woman he's going to marry because once they're married she's going to inherit $25,000,000 and share it with him. There is no talking him out of it.

No.

Did you get broth?

“A fool and his money are soon parted. “

I’m in line at the grocery shopping with the broth. It didn’t cost $6000 though.

• Like 4

Edpo

Warning

Reported

I planned Science. I just got a Science Fusion middle school book on Ecology. There are a bunch of different units/topics so I’m trying this one to see if I like it enough to use next year. This one is taking up the rest of the year, doing science every day, and not even getting to Unit 4 (of 4) in the book. I guess it’s good to know that I’d only be able to get through 2 modules per year.

• Like 3

Cleaned house, had scout meeting, am now going to suffer making an overly complicated cake type recipe with my kid. Maybe she'll choose a simple one? Also I am at Inbox 0, and I am going to re-do my resume today. Also we wrote the mortgage person and the personal finance person. I am super productive. ADHD comes in handy at times. Actually when you are an adult and have technical skills and you can tell people to piss off... it is handy all 90% of the time.

• Like 6

Ahem. Saturday afternoon before Superbowl.

No kidding!! But I got our Super Bowl supplies, too. As per tradition we are having root beer floats (though I also bought orange Fanta to make orange cream floats) and nachoes.

Go team!! Do the thing!! With the ball!!

• Like 3

You have to press space after 'a'. Then it will suggest a next word instead of trying to complete the one you are currently typing.

Nope. Did that first. My iPhone suggested Nothing. Perhaps I have something turned off? I did a lot of things back when my phone battery was dying...

Anyone can come and snoop in any cabinet in my house. Only thing is that you have to tell me I'm an organizing genius when you're done, no matter what you see. :laugh:

Now, if you go through my writing desk, it might be a challenge to say that with a straight face.

• Like 3

Does he chase the bunnies?

No, but I should let them out when it is running and see what happens. They will probably just run downstairs or hide in their pen.

I thought they all memorized the layout. I'll check "mine" to make sure it does before I order. I have a workout mat. Do you think it will go over that? Mine can mop. Not like replace mopping, but like "Hmm.. do you think we should mop?" "No, let's just run the thing and we'll mop later" kind of a thing.

The Neato is the only one to my knowledge that does it. A workout mat is probably OK unless it has fringe. Will a regular vacuum go over it ok?

Except she just told me where to look. :leaving:

(Don't worry. I don't generally look in people's cabinets. I will sometimes look in people's bathroom cabinets to make sure that there's nothing that will kill my littles if they were to go snooping.)

The bottles are sadly exposed for all to see. Kind of like an under-the-cabinet radio thing. But it's better than having them sitting on the counter waiting to be knocked over. (We only have a bottle or two at a time because dh is the only one who drinks wine.)

Slache and Matt need to go hold hands on the sofa.

That's a great idea! :D Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I think I'm cooking fried chicken tomorrow. That was the consensus from those who will be watching the game. I probably won't. I'll be writing. And trying to ignore my hand blisters! :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Sometimes I really hate my skin. That is all.

• Like 1