Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dd15 is no longer with us.  🎈Happy Birthday, Dd16! 🎈

Ikslo, my 20yo went through various phases of allergy reactions/eczema and there was one phase where water temperature (cold) would cause an itchy rash.  It stopped after a few months.  I wonder if ds's system is just trying to get used to a different kind of water used by your city?  Saltier water, maybe?  

Regular day of lessons, kids' orchestra dress rehearsal tonight.  Ds14 and I still need haircuts.

Coffee!

It started before we moved here.  I'm sure there's an explanation, though.  I just have to find it.  So keep the suggestions coming, y'all!!

Happy Nirthday, Susan's Dd16!!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Ignoring the allergy by just treating with antihistamines isn't a great long-term solution, but you might look at giving the kid daily antihistamines like zyrtec or allegra just to tamp down his overall histamine load for a bit while you work on getting him in to an allergist.  Benadryl makes me feel like butt.  I had to have some with my food reaction Saturday (did I mention that hear? Yup, I poisoned myself on flavored popcorn.) and my brain still hasn't fully cleared up from either the reaction or the Benadryl.

Agreed - No plans to use it as a long term solution.  It's just something we always have on hand.  He doesn't like the way he feels on Zyrtec or Allegra or Claritin.  We've tried many over the years.  He would rather suffer through the day and then take Benadryl before bed.  His choice.

Plan is to get it sorted out at the allergist.  We mentioned it at our last visit, but because we were moving, she didn't do anything other than note it in his records.  At the time we were testing the theory that it could be his shampoo or soap, but removing those from the equation did nothing to improve the outcome.

Sorry about your flavored popcorn scare. :(

No dying!!

Edited by ikslo
reread Prairie's response
  • Like 6

Dd and I have the shower water thing with celiac disease.  (Not saying that it only happens with that).  What I am having success with is with bone broth.  I think that I have "leaky gut" or SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) which makes it hard for my body to process foods and handle chemicals around me.  The bad bugs in my gut then release toxins which react to all sorts of things like foods etc.  I wish that dd would also do the bone broth but she refuses.  Just throwing that out there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. 

Happy nirthday, Susan's DD! 

Jean, I am glad it wasn't a bladder infection, but I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you get to rest today.

Krissi, I'm up for my trim and coloring tomorrow. It's a good thing. My possum is showing.

Guys, I may well have a really hard decision to make later this week. On top of that, I'm working out of town, and my elder cat is doing better today, but I'm really feeling the sense that she may not be with us much longer. It's going to be a very rough month, albeit an exciting one and a real change in my life and my work. I would appreciate some prayers for sure. 

Praying for you critter!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m sitting here putting off cleaning the nasty bathrooms. Really, why can’t my boys aim?!? DD is no better; when she brushes her teeth all the toothpaste ends up in the sink instead of on her teeth! And Captain leaves fingerprints all over the mirrors, but he is excused cause he’s a 2 yr old cutie.

Ugh!! Have them start rotating cleaning the bathroom. That’s what I did. I do clean their bathroom occasionally, but the kids do it most of the time.

oh, and you gotta claim your Booya/h!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m sitting here putting off cleaning the nasty bathrooms. Really, why can’t my boys aim?!? DD is no better; when she brushes her teeth all the toothpaste ends up in the sink instead of on her teeth! And Captain leaves fingerprints all over the mirrors, but he is excused cause he’s a 2 yr old cutie.

Oh, honey, pull your boys in and teach them how to clean bathrooms....like, daily.  It's the only way to resolve that problem. Like, mop bucket and all.

I make cookies, and then tell them they can't have any until their shared bathroom (4 of them share one) looks and smells clean. My teen boys are all about eating right now.

• Like 3

I've been cleaning and cleaning the basement. The contractors left an inch of dust everywhere. We still haven't replaced the furniture, so stuff is just in boxes and loose instead of on bookcases, in cabinets, or in dressers and all that stuff has dust because they didn't pack us out before beginning. 

But the rooms I cleaned look great! So clean and shiny.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I made the best supper tonight. Y’all have to try this recipe....  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17792/swedish-cured-pork-loin/. It was very easy and very tasty. I served it with corn, Presbyterian Potato Bake (the hash brown casserole), fruit and spinach salad.

Looks delicious!

PS If you don't have a grill, would you maybe roast it at a high temp?

Edited by Susan in TN

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh dear.  Dd16 just managed to delete her entire NaNoWriMo novel.  Ds23 is doing what he can to recover it, but things are not looking good.  She can't find it in her NaNo account either - not sure how that site works.

On her 16th birthday? That's terribibble. 😞

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Y'all. I feel so crummy. Scratchy throat, sniffles, headache, no energy. Now is not the time to be sick. Workers are coming tomorrow to unload furniture, remove toe molding, and who knows what else. On the up side, Mr. Ellie works for the State of Texas, and the governor has closed all government offices for tomorrow in honor of Pres. Bush, so he'll be home to deal with stuff. I may spend most of the day hiding upstairs with the kittehs.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

35 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  Rise and shine!  !

20 minutes ago, Slache said:

No.

I agree.  Definitely not.

I'm a little tired today.  Had three classes yesterday, then a hang-out for teens/tweens, then a bunch of extra kids stayed around for pizza, until we had 4-H at 7pm.  Ended up with 19 kids at 4-H.  A couple of members who hadn't yet come this year were there.  We made scribble robots.  About 3/4 of my club is homeschoolers so when we have a Tuesday meeting (we do one Monday and one Tuesday), I let the kids who come to hang-out stay until 4-H and we order pizza.  Another one of my attempts to get my kids more socialization time.  It works, I had about 10 kids around for that yesterday.   It's great, but exhausting.  And I have to head over early this morning to clean up because we usually just leave it after 4-H is over unless it's wet.  Nothing wet this time but the scribble robots did a lot of scribbling on my tables.  and a little bit on my floor.  Washable markers though (I'm not totally insane!).

And that was one really run-on paragraph but I don't have the energy to figure our where I should break.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Dh was up past midnight and managed to recover all but the last 3000 or so words using some kind of recovery software that ds23 found.  Dd16 is so happy!

I need to stop by The Magical Organic Store (Whole Foods) for liquid stevia and then on to Aldi.  If dh gets out of the bathroom soon, I might have time to banish the goat beforehand.

Dd9 is crying - better go check on that.

Coffee!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Dh was up past midnight and managed to recover all but the last 3000 or so words using some kind of recovery software that ds23 found.  Dd16 is so happy!

I need to stop by The Magical Organic Store (Whole Foods) for liquid stevia and then on to Aldi.  If dh gets out of the bathroom soon, I might have time to banish the goat beforehand.

Dd9 is crying - better go check on that.

Coffee!

Yay for dh and ds! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Looks delicious!

PS If you don't have a grill, would you maybe roast it at a high temp?

Oh for crying out loud. 🙄🙄 They changed the recipe for the magazine and I did ‘t Even notice. The magazine said to roast it at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. That is what I did. I don’t grill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Kids have Enrichment Academy today. I’m bringing soup and bread to the in-laws (they live not far from the place the kids have EA) and I told FIL I would hang out with MIL so he could go run some errands. They are testing her for some auto-immune thing with a big name i’ve Never heard of before.  I have phone calls to make that I didn’t get to yesterday. The kids have piano. We have Awana tonight and I am teaching the lesson. 

• Like 5

You know the revving neighbor that I mentioned?  I know who it is now because it has been going on for 20 minutes. I sure hope that I can get back to sleep.

(It’s a car, not a motorcycle. It’s on it’s last legs. There was talk from one neighbor the other day of cslling the cops on them if she could figure out who it is. I don’t think that she appreciated me pointing out that the neighborly thing to do would be to just talk them. But now I am pretty sure that she’s the neighbor who left passive aggressive notes on the door and called the police in the past because she didn’t like where Ds parked his car. ). 

• Like 5