Menu

What's with the ads?

9 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Gud mrng. Must needs caffeine to survive. Very tired, but I need to get the grocery list done, and find out where the funk in the refrigerator is lurking and so vanquish it. Also need to vanquish Chapter 3 edits, critique a chapter for a friend, do my work for the class where I'm a week behind and one internet short of being able to keep up with, and basically survive. Wish me luck!

ETA: Also decide if I'm doing school this week (I think not), plan what I need to eat at work later this week, decide whether it would be a good week to write and finish my Camp project, and clean house when I'm not writing, and tweak query letters, chapters, and try to get everything perfect for a flush of querying to start up again in August. Plus school planning for fall. Plus it's my actual birthday, although I will probably plan my own little celebration for Oct 22, because I want to do outdoor stuff on a lake or river somewhere, and it's way too hot to enjoy outside in July.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! 

It's a birthday booyah!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

???? Happy Birthday, Critter! ????

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

Book inscriptions are done! ?

The kids are excited that tomorrow is "Book Day".  ?

(Though they have to wait until I return home with dd19.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I think I'm ready to try and fail at bullet journaling again.

I tried this year and didn’t fail!! Because I made up my own way to do it. I started in January and it’s a little different than it was, but it’s really quite good now. I will try to take a picture and see if I can show you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ok, let’s see if this works....

71650E57-2235-4A20-8CEE-4230FD9A1259.jpeg

I decided to make up my own rules, so it’s kind of a to-do list/diary/weather almanac. I even print up pictures and glue those in, too. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, let’s see if this works....

71650E57-2235-4A20-8CEE-4230FD9A1259.jpeg

I decided to make up my own rules, so it’s kind of a to-do list/diary/weather almanac. I even print up pictures and glue those in, too. 

Yes, it has to be customized or it fails, in my experience.

Fabulous spread!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paige said:

Baby is taking steps! He's such a big boy now. ??

Time for another!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

iNapped.  I bought a silk sleep mask this week to replace the one I bought twenty years ago (the elastics finally died).  I slept gloriously.

• Like 5

Warning: DON'T READ THIS POST!

Alex lost a toenail. :svengo:

And we have no alcohol. (for me, not him)

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

59 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ewwww!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

iNapped.  I bought a silk sleep mask this week to replace the one I bought twenty years ago (the elastics finally died).  I slept gloriously.

I’ve never used a sleep mask.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I think I'm ready to try and fail at bullet journaling again.

I love failing at bullet journalling.  The pretty journals of dot paper, all the pen colors, designing fancy headers and color coding things.

If only I could remember to write in the darned thing everyday, it would be the perfect system.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve been parenting too long.  All the parenting books sound idiotic and unrealistic, and my brain is such mush by bedtime I can’t remember how I trained previous children to listen at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Oh poor little guy!  Bandaid makes the booboo better!

I have 2.5 liters of vodka on my counter.  C'mon over.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I never used a sleep mask until last year.  Because I my migraines I am very light sensitive.  Even the little light on the smoke alarm was enough to make my head pound.   

I'm sensitive to sounds, too, but I'm afraid to sleep with earplugs in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ewwww!!

I told you not to read it!

38 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I love failing at bullet journalling.  The pretty journals of dot paper, all the pen colors, designing fancy headers and color coding things.

If only I could remember to write in the darned thing everyday, it would be the perfect system.

Mine aren't pretty. I love the collection idea. All of my lists in one place. I have this.

36 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I’ve been parenting too long.  All the parenting books sound idiotic and unrealistic, and my brain is such mush by bedtime I can’t remember how I trained previous children to listen at all.

And the homeschool books.

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Oh poor little guy!  Bandaid makes the booboo better!

I have 2.5 liters of vodka on my counter.  C'mon over.  :biggrin:

ON MY WAY!

I don't do toenails well.

• Like 4

Good Monday morning!  Looking forward to a semi-normal, not too much on the calendar week.  (well, that would probably be abnormal, but you know what I mean.)  Except A/c guys are back today with a part they had to order (thankfully, everything was functional while waiting on it.....).  And we probably need food.....  ?

Coffee first! 

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!???

Hot!!!????????????. I think that every single day in July has been over 100 degrees. And it will continue in like fashion.

DH starts his new job today. I hope he he likes it better than his old one. He should. This one is more doing what he likes to do, which is design.

• Like 7

Good Morning.

It's Monday.

I didn't get to sleep until about  4:30 and then I woke up at 6ish to the sound of torrential rain.

I was able to get back to sleep and slept until 9.

The little girls are currently cleaning out our VHS collection.  :)

I have a bunch of things that need to go out in the mail today.

Dd15 is at camp again this week.  

And our dishwasher is acting up again.

It might be a long week...

• Like 7

A couple days of out-of-the-house work coming up means I am taking this week off to catch up! House needs cleaning, I need to write like a mad thing, and get my planning done. 

Caffeine first.

• Like 5

Good morning. It is getting close to D day (or is that M day?) when I help ds move to Arizona. 

Today is the start of phase 3 in camp prep: putting together prepped crafts into easily grabbed bags for each lesson. 

• Like 7

A/C guys have come and gone.  D/w has been unloaded, reloaded and is running.  Laundry has been re-booted.  Dogs and cat have been fed.  Goat has been banned. I have more to-do, but don't wanna.  But then when I'm not doing stuff, I'm bored.  Vicious cycle.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

A/C guys have come and gone.  D/w has been unloaded, reloaded and is running.  Laundry has been re-booted.  Dogs and cat have been fed.  Goat has been banned. I have more to-do, but don't wanna.  But then when I'm not doing stuff, I'm bored.  Vicious cycle.  

Lynn, even when I'm doing stuff like unloading the dishwasher I'm bored. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Boredom banisher:  furniture rearranging!  DD wants to move a table out of her room (their room) and put her desk in.  But first, time to fold a load of laundry and reboot the washer and dryer.  

• Like 5

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Lynn, even when I'm doing stuff like unloading the dishwasher I'm bored. 

True dat!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ds’s mouth is an admitted train wreck but the first consult came back at $5800 + 5 tooth extractions. Where is swooney guy when you need him? I thought first ds’s braces were bad at $4800.

• Sad 5

We went to an exhibit about home designs of the future. I want a future house! I need to Konmari my house, get lots of money, and install future tech everywhere. I want the cool kitchen storage, the modular rooms, and the universal design/accessibility features. A lot of the features were like those you'd see in tiny houses, but on a little bit larger scale. DD said, "I love the future." 

Speaking of money....we're seeing the bills for our flooding and not even counting personal property we're going over $20000 already. For maybe 2inches of water. Thank goodness the insurance is covering it. I don't know how people recover without insurance. 

• Like 8

Lovely funeral. I cried. Someone gave Alex a large choking hazardy mint. He screamed when we took it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Lovely funeral. I cried. Someone gave Alex a large choking hazardy mint. He screamed when we took it.

Where's the fainty guy??

• Like 1

Estimate #2: $6200.

I am beginning to suspect that my dentist has referred me to high end places. Not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to do some more research.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1