Menu

Ignore this thread!

I watched a video of very young children getting incredibly excited about their baby siblings being born and now I am both crying and ovulating simultaneously. One was like a three year old with immature pronunciation singing You Are So Beautiful To Me to his baby sister. I almost died.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m sitting in the parking garage waiting until 7:30 when I can get back in the drop-off/pick-up line. I wish I had some popcorn. 

Ds14 has TWO Christmas white elephant party games to deal with this year. We are trying hard to prepare him mentally for them. It gets a little better each year, though last year he cried when someone nabbed his asiago cheese. Sigh. He always says he’s OK and ready, but.  

• Like 2

We had a nice day.

A woman at my church who I am getting to know a little better recently invited me (an especially my girls) over for a craft day.  She had bought suncatchers, ornaments, and materials to make Christmas wreaths.  She has four teenage/grown boys and she said she wanted to borrow some girls.  :)  I am really not a crafty kind of person, and my girls are, so it was really wonderful that she wanted to do this with them.

Then dd12 was invited to a birthday party for a girl whose family is new to our church, so I wanted to make sure that dd12 could go.  Dh helped to make that happen.

Also, dd16 had to work some today and grocery pickup happened.  

• Like 8

Had a fairly productive day.  Vacuumed with the new vacuum, moved some furniture around to make room for the tree, set up a couple classes, did a lot of laundry.  Now I"m watching this weeks Supernatural but it's commercial time.  

Tomorrow we have to run over to my mother's house to help her move furniture.  Dh stopped by today to drop something off and she told him dd was supposed to have called us about it.  Dd who works retail full time and it's the holiday season, dd who is in grad school trying to finish up a semester with all kinds of tests, that dd was supposed to call us about us picking up furniture because one piece (the bed I previously mentioned) was hers.  No mention of three other pieces that aren't hers or the fact that mom basically just sits home listening to audio books all day and has way more time to discuss these things.   And mom of course got bent out of shape because dd hadn't called us yet.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Had a fairly productive day.  Vacuumed with the new vacuum, moved some furniture around to make room for the tree, set up a couple classes, did a lot of laundry.  Now I"m watching this weeks Supernatural but it's commercial time.  

Tomorrow we have to run over to my mother's house to help her move furniture.  Dh stopped by today to drop something off and she told him dd was supposed to have called us about it.  Dd who works retail full time and it's the holiday season, dd who is in grad school trying to finish up a semester with all kinds of tests, that dd was supposed to call us about us picking up furniture because one piece (the bed I previously mentioned) was hers.  No mention of three other pieces that aren't hers or the fact that mom basically just sits home listening to audio books all day and has way more time to discuss these things.   And mom of course got bent out of shape because dd hadn't called us yet.

What new vacuum did you get?

I bought a Shark on Thanksgiving, but we haven't opened it yet.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ikslo said:

You should hop on a plane and come visit me in FL!

(ITT helicopter is down for maintenance, sorry. 😉 )

Do you plan to visit the mouse? I don't know where you live and I don't know how old he is so my apologies if that's a dumb question.

Have you read the Spellman Files series yet?  Your library probably has them.  

I could go for some Florida about now.

I think we're probably at 3-2 odds for a Texas Christmas.

Busy day tomorrow.  The coffee will be ready around 6:30am.  Krissi will bring the peppermint mocha creamer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

We live in Tampa.  No mouse.  I think he’d rather go to Legoland.  

No money right now, though. 😞

It's only an hour. You could go next year when you're rich. I'm always rich next year.

We want to go some day. We might be able to see you. :biggrin:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

What new vacuum did you get?

I bought a Shark on Thanksgiving, but we haven't opened it yet.

Shark Navigator.  Dh brought it since our old Dyson was basically destroyed.  It seems to work pretty well.  I kind of like the power function.  It should come in handy when I make the kids start vacuuming.     

I have a Vacmaster Wet/Dry vac at my classroom.  That works pretty well too.  It's a canister vac, not an upright.

I've been reading light/fluffy romance novels that I'm borrowing digitally from my library.  I still haven't returned the big stack of Heather Graham's that I finished and I'm not looking for anything that takes a lot of brain power (since I don't have that much to spare these days), so light and fluffy it is (Heather Graham counts as light and fluffy IMO).   My library uses Cloud Library and I basically just browse the Romance genre until something looks interesting.

• Like 2

Oh in case anyone was wondering, I was able to get worms.    We have a local place that usually sells by mail order as reptile food.  Dh called him and he actually donated a couple dozen worms.  I had to go to a really creepy warehouse area near dd's TKD dojo but I have my worms.

A squirmy wormy booya.

PS - I've been preparing my presentation for that class and the pictures of flatworms, roundworms, and leeches are really giving me the creeps.

Edited by Where's Toto?
ugh, grammar
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Shark Navigator.  Dh brought it since our old Dyson was basically destroyed.  It seems to work pretty well.  I kind of like the power function.  It should come in handy when I make the kids start vacuuming.     

I have a Vacmaster Wet/Dry vac at my classroom.  That works pretty well too.  It's a canister vac, not an upright.

I've been reading light/fluffy romance novels that I'm borrowing digitally from my library.  I still haven't returned the big stack of Heather Graham's that I finished and I'm not looking for anything that takes a lot of brain power (since I don't have that much to spare these days), so light and fluffy it is (Heather Graham counts as light and fluffy IMO).   My library uses Cloud Library and I basically just browse the Romance genre until something looks interesting.

We got the Navigator because we need the detachable piece to vacuum our carpeted stairs.  (I hate carpeted stairs...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

We got the Navigator because we need the detachable piece to vacuum our carpeted stairs.  (I hate carpeted stairs...)

I hate stairs. When we were going to move to the Midwest what I wanted was a basic 3-bedroom house with a finished basement. We would be able to use the basement while the children were young and then ignore it when they got older and moved out. Houses in Texas don't have basements so if we want an efficient use of space we have to have an upstairs. I'm a little peeved and I'm not sure what kind of a house we're going to wind up buying. We will probably wind up buying closer to the city and then downsizing when our last one moves out. I don't want to move though. Texas needs basements!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Sunday morning!  Church, planning lessons for next week, beginning our advent book tonight and of course, one more load of laundry.  I plan to do some walking in there somewhere, I think anyway.  Do any of you have use any yoga videos on YouTube that you'd recommend?  I really need to spice up my exercising.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D (with peppermint mocha creamer, sugar free)

First Sunday in Advent!!! Last night we did our Advent Calendar because it starts on Dec. 1, but we couldn’t sing a Christmas song because technically it’s before Advent.

Church today. Children’s Christmas Program tonight.

It’s frosty out this morning.

Yay, Ellie is back!!

I have never been to Florida.

Yay for cream.

Yay for worms!!

Yay for Sportsball. (and yay for Fresno State who beat Boise State last night to win the Mountain West Championship)

• Like 5

Baby met Santa yesterday and didn't cry. Then he came home, napped, and woke up sick. ☹️ He's only ever been a little sick and he's actually sick for the first time now. Fever was 103/104 last night....Poor baby. He's so sad. I hope he caught what I have instead of picking up something nastier on the plane, but I thought I caught what I have from him when he had some little sniffles and a quick <24 virus. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Happy 1st Sunday of Advent!  Today after all the hubbub we will light the first purple candle (hope) and have hot cocoa and treats and sing - I realized during service this morning that I never took out the Advent song sheets. Which means dh has to go back into the attic and take down all the boxes for me to dig through until I find them. Oops. 

Baked (IP) potatoes for dinner. 

• Like 5

My kids: When is -----(Elf on Shelf) going to show up??

Me: He's probably already here and you haven't found him yet!

Kids: Start looking....

The elf is still in the box of Christmas stuff that hasn't been brought out of the garage. 😉 I hate the elf and wish my mother never gave him to us!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1