Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ds just dropped other ds off at the bus stop.

He walked in the door and I asked, "Is he gone?" (meaning had the school bus picked him up?)

Ds, without skipping a beat said, "I could only get five silver pieces for him."

(He has been translating the story of Joseph in Latin this week....)

ETA: SELL YOUR BROTHER BOOYAH!

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

The downstairs is empty of furniture. Workers have hung plastic sheeting up the stairwell to keep most of the construction dust from filtering upstairs. They are currently removing the toe molding and the window sills, and will start working on taking down the wallpaper.

Someone broke into our contractor's truck during the night; left his tools, shotgun, knives (!) (because Texas, y'all), but took his work computer, the one with all the contracts and whatnot on it (happily, most everything is backed up on his other computer, but still...)

Mr. Ellie has moved the TV up here in one of our guest rooms and set it up, so I'll be able to binge-watch Netflix for the next two weeks. 🙂

The work is all expected to be finished by next Saturday (the 14th), which means there's a slight possibility that we could do a Christmas tree and whatnot. I have put our Christmas dishes in the kitchen, so there's that.

I still feel rotten, but I will live.

• Like 7

Ugh. I'm looking forward to Christmas break.  I have this long list of stuff I want/need to do that I don't ever get to touch because the rest of my life is just too full.  This list has been staring at me since August and I don't want it to be staring at me until summer.

This morning has completely flown by.  I graded a backlog of Economics homework, a couple of history short essays, and a chemistry study guide. And now, magically, it's lunch time again and I need to empty the dishwasher, make lunch, and switch gears to work with my other ds.  

• Like 4

Imagine there was an issue in May while you were out of town for the week. It involved a mini fridge losing power. In this fridge, a child had several opened bottles of chocolate protein drink. Then, the fridge was moved; the drinks spilled. The fridge was buried in household goods not to be seen again until December. And on this day, someone, you, opened it again for the first time. 🤢

• Sad 9

22 minutes ago, Paige said:

Imagine there was an issue in May while you were out of town for the week. It involved a mini fridge losing power. In this fridge, a child had several opened bottles of chocolate protein drink. Then, the fridge was moved; the drinks spilled. The fridge was buried in household goods not to be seen again until December. And on this day, someone, you, opened it again for the first time. 🤢

I think my response would involve a flame-thrower.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Paige said:

I gutted houses in New Orleans for nearly a year after Katrina. There were... incidents... involving refrigerators. Whole teams would be caught by surprise and people two blocks over would be vomiting. I was about 10 feet from one and everyone in sight projectile vomited simultaneously. It was unreal. And we all cried from the toxic chemicals. Slobbering, vomiting, crying idiots who couldn't see. Bad day. Only happened once!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm here. I'm alive. I'm going to live. I hope. 

I have to go get my hair done today and I have to work tomorrow, and meanwhile this decision I must make at the end of the week is eating me up inside it's so hard. But I'll survive. I will survive.

Don't die now. You want to see all of your amazing success out in the world!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet had a nice puppy play date. But she had a bloody mouth at one point. But we can’t find any wounds on either her or her bff. Weird. 

Could she have lost a tooth?

I am so over this time of year. One of these years at least I'll be able to quit Halloween, and party season will only be from mid-November to mid-January.

We didn't have a good day. New one coming up in a few hours, though.

Send the stealth copter round if it's available while I'm still awake.

• Like 3

Just got back from the dress rehearsal for our church's annual Lessons and Carols service.  There are a couple weird pieces and one super cool one and the rest very nice.  I was asked to play a different violin part at the last minute because of a sick person, so was sight-reading all of it.

This is lovely:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I gutted houses in New Orleans for nearly a year after Katrina. There were... incidents... involving refrigerators. Whole teams would be caught by surprise and people two blocks over would be vomiting. I was about 10 feet from one and everyone in sight projectile vomited simultaneously. It was unreal. And we all cried from the toxic chemicals. Slobbering, vomiting, crying idiots who couldn't see. Bad day. Only happened once!

Matt says he smelled it under his respirator a half mile away. I don't remember this. Apparently he came on the walkie talkie and we physically couldn't respond. He says it was probably in the 90s and the fridge was just baking.

• Sad 3

I am back. I Awana-ed.  Kids are in bed. Kitchen is cleaned up.

Sigh!  DD1 wants one of those cool little poloroid-ish Fugifilm Instant camera dealies for Christmas. It's all she's been begging for. Well, I looked it up. The price for the camera isn't horrible, but good heavens to Betsy, the film is outrageous.  I think I will mention this to her. I am willing to supply the first batch of film, but after that she's on her own. And she's a rather frugal little soul, so she's going to need to think about that.

• Like 4

Good morning!

The next five days will be one big WILLY_NILLY.  After that, just a small willy_nilly.  Throw freezing rain and snow into the mix, and we might be in for some REAL excitement.  Today we have a Christmas party, orthodontist appointment, and two orchestra dress rehearsals.  Some people may get some school work done.  I need to get things prepared for tomorrow's Old Lady Christmas Sing-Along Party and figure out how various people are going to be fed this weekend.  I might just have to leave a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter in the van.  

I need to remind the kids to physically locate and actually put their hands on the various clothing/uniforms they will be needing.  Especially black socks, tights, and shoes.  

Coffee!

(And water - I need to drink more water.)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dd loves hers.  She buys her own film and Christian book has little albums with verses on the front, that hold the pics.  She usually just saves to buy the two pack, which goes on sale often, or waits til Grandma is willing.

Dd20 loves hers, too.  She has them hanging on a string like a laundry line in her dorm room.  She mostly uses her phone for taking pictures, but uses it for special photots.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Tonight is our small town’s Electric Light Farm Equipment Parade. It’s fun, it’s at night and it’s full of tractors and spray rigs and school buses and pickup trucks all covered in Christmas lights. The high school band marches. They’re really good.

Today is not quite so willy-nilly, but I still have a lot of things to do that haven’t gotten done because I’ve been doing other things,😩

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dd loves hers.  She buys her own film and Christian book has little albums with verses on the front, that hold the pics.  She usually just saves to buy the two pack, which goes on sale often, or waits til Grandma is willing.

37 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd20 loves hers, too.  She has them hanging on a string like a laundry line in her dorm room.  She mostly uses her phone for taking pictures, but uses it for special photots.

Thanks for the input. I did talk to her last night and told her to think about it. For a kid growing up in the digital age, where you could just snap a bunch of pictures and then choose the one you like best.... this is going to be a real different mindset.

• Like 1

I must do all of the things this morning.  

On a happy note, one of the things is decorating Texas shaped sugar cookies for ds's and dd's teachers, who are both Texans living in a strange land. 😂 Dd is practicing decorating sugar cookies for a bakeoff she is having with friends next week....figured we'd knock out some teacher holiday gifts while we are at it.

• Like 5