Menu

What's with the ads?

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Yep

Ugh that show...

Edit: It's a "why did I ever let my kids know the Netflix password" Booyah.

• Like 5

Okee-dokee. Just 20 more events until my Saturday is free. I wonder if I can finish the crossword.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

Okee-dokee. Just 20 more events until my Saturday is free. I wonder if I can finish the crossword.

:svengo:

• Like 3

I braved walmart to start shopping for dgc school supplies, thinking since this isn't military payday weekend I would be safe.  The line wasn't bad, but the store was full!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Ugh that show...

Edit: It's a "why did I ever let my kids know the Netflix password" Booyah.

DH actually likes it. He sits and watches it with the kids. I told him it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to tell anyone.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

My girls even made those mood ring thingies out of brad fasteners.?

I loved mood rings.  In the 70's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

DH actually likes it. He sits and watches it with the kids. I told him it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to tell anyone.?

Ds11 left the tv on and dh, ds32, and I were eating.  We caught ourselves all watching the mermaid show without a kid in the room to blame it on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I loved mood rings.  In the 70's.

I love everything from the 70s. My friends used to say I couldn't be held accountable for my taste in clothing or music (country) because I was white.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had forgotten that MIL likes to eat out as a method of not insulting my cooking (she's very sneaky). Not a huge issue before I went gf but now she's spending $15 on the family and then an additional $9 on just me. Matt's stopping at the store so we have burgers at home for me. I appreciate that she's making sure I'm taken care of but she clearly didn't expect it to cost so dang much. We don't eat out so I didn't either.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I had forgotten that MIL likes to eat out as a method of not insulting my cooking (she's very sneaky). Not a huge issue before I went gf but now she's spending $15 on the family and then an additional $9 on just me. Matt's stopping at the store so we have burgers at home for me. I appreciate that she's making sure I'm taken care of but she clearly didn't expect it to cost so dang much. We don't eat out so I didn't either.

Her choice. She is welcome to eat your cooking. 

• Like 6

I worked and edited. Didn't cut as much as I wanted so I am combing the chapter again. DH said I get icecream. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone besides me get a notification that someone responded to your post and you have to go to the post to remember that you actually did post, and see what the post was about?

• Like 3

We cooked supper, and although I have been to the AFSA at least twice in the last two days, we had to scrounge for sides.  It was yummy, though.

I fell asleep twice today.

I am washing new dishcloths and dishtowels my aunt made me and sent!  I have been using the last ones she gave me since 2011.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Does anyone besides me get a notification that someone responded to your post and you have to go to the post to remember that you actually did post, and see what the post was about?

Yes. I would have to remember an awful lot to remember everything I post. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I posted this yet.

So, I bought a good chunk of dgc school supplies today.  We try to help out some.  The school lists are crazy and with 5 in school, ?!

• Like 3

Her name was Lola!

She was a showgirl!

With yellow feathers in her hair, and her dress cut down to there!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Her name was Lola!

She was a showgirl!

With yellow feathers in her hair, and her dress cut down to there!!

I just  had a flashback to a discotheque 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I just has had a flashback to a discotheque 

Oh, you should see the video.... Barry Manilow in a white disco suit. Wooohoooo!!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The goat has been banished.

I'm so close to done with literature!  So so close!  Why has no one written a free literature guide to John Donne's Holy Sonnet 14 suitable for 4th- 8th graders?  Fine I will make it myself.  

We finished our read-aloud tonight - The Grey King (Susan Cooper).  Dd9 dozed off for the last couple pages and then sobbed the rest of the evening over it.  I keep forgetting to write inscriptions in books.  Have to get it done by Monday because dd19 is coming home!  :smile:   I didn't get the mint extract started.  Hopefully tomorrow.

I am playing for both services tomorrow, so it will be a long morning.  Will definitely need a nap later.  Goodnight!

• Like 6

Hi.

Step goal, day 9.

Ireland update: Her organs are descended and they don't know why. The fungus has spread to her arms but they're going to try to save them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Day 184 steps. 
Day 55 hips

hmmm  I seem to have doubled my steps!

And hips! :ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gud mrng. Must needs caffeine to survive. Very tired, but I need to get the grocery list done, and find out where the funk in the refrigerator is lurking and so vanquish it. Also need to vanquish Chapter 3 edits, critique a chapter for a friend, do my work for the class where I'm a week behind and one internet short of being able to keep up with, and basically survive. Wish me luck!

ETA: Also decide if I'm doing school this week (I think not), plan what I need to eat at work later this week, decide whether it would be a good week to write and finish my Camp project, and clean house when I'm not writing, and tweak query letters, chapters, and try to get everything perfect for a flush of querying to start up again in August. Plus school planning for fall. Plus it's my actual birthday, although I will probably plan my own little celebration for Oct 22, because I want to do outdoor stuff on a lake or river somewhere, and it's way too hot to enjoy outside in July.

• Like 7

DH went down early this am to work on building the spillway for the creek crossing. He had an audience. The neighbor's chickens came over to supervise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Good morning. My phone is driving me crazy. Or the phone charging cord is. I have to hold the phone “just so” to get it to charge and the I get these “this accessory is not supported “ messages every few seconds. Later today I wish buy a new phone cord. 

• Confused 1

Ireland is in surgery having the dead tissue from her arms removed in hopes of saving them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Ireland updates:

• Her organs are destended, not descended. They're video updates by mom and she cries so I don't always get everything.
  • Her hands aren't salvageable.
  • Other bad things.
  • Sad 4

And we figured out I have met them at church events before we moved to Oregon.

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ireland updates:

• Her organs are destended, not descended. They're video updates by mom and she cries so I don't always get everything.
  • Her hands aren't salvageable.
  • Other bad things.

Oh, Slache. That is so horrible. 

• Like 1

We're home from church.  I didn't have to drive kids home.  We started a new Bible study in evening church, and I think it's going to be a good one.  Ds32, ds11, and I have been to HEB for a few groceries.  It was packed!  Why are so many people out shopping when it's a thousand degrees outside???

• Like 4

I napped like crazy.  Woke up at 3:30!  Now if I can keep on task while drinking coffee, I have a gaziliion books to write inscriptions in.

• Like 7

I just posted this in a a fitness accountability group on FB:

Nothing real last week or this upcoming week due to inlawness. I have been doing particular things that I don't often do like climb to the top of the Astoria Column and run back and forth from the ocean to where (disabled) FIL sits on the benches and I am amazed at the difference I feel leading a gluten free lifestyle. Looking back it was like trying to do everything with a terrible flu. It's incredible how much more energy I have now. Don't get me wrong, I'm still Mommy tired, but I haven't cried from exhaustion since I intentionally ate gluten for my celiac test.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I put another coat of purple polish on my toenails.

Was it crazy?

• Haha 2

We've been busy weekending.  

I've come to the conclusion that the 9' diameter azalea and rhododendron bushes are just planted too close to the house (18" out) and that I can't save them.  They are flowering at the tips of 8' long branches, which makes trimming impossible.  I'm going to enjoy them this summer, and then dig them out and begin again.  I'm super bummed. I'm really frustrated that all of the landscaping at this house was managed incorrectly.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1