Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday.

I slept 10 hours last night. It has been a rough week.

It’s quite foggy out this morning. Fog is as white a Christmas as we get.

I have to be at church in an hour to practice bells. We play tomorrow.

We’re meeting with the realtor this afternoon to go over some stuff.

Hopefully DH can get the Christmas lights up this afternoon.

• Like 4

I think my SIL has completely ruined our relationship since the engagement. Just complete and total disregard for our family on a near daily basis.

On a positive note, the way the kids gush over Alex is just ridiculous.

And I have a pony tail again. Sort of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Matt moved all the furniture around to bring the tree in and while doing so found a pine needle from last year.

I cleaned the kitchen and got dinner together so that we can go to our concert tonight!

We have a menu:

• Burgers with salad instead of fries
  • Fish pie (tastes like clam chowder)
  • Spinach artichoke chicken with cauliflower rice pilaf

• I'm having salad for lunch but adding in deli meat instead of Larabars
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m back.

Bells have been rehearsed and polished. Susan, I wish you could hear us, too. You would love it. Oooh, oooh, ooh. I have an idea. I will post our church’s website , http://www.reedleymbc.org/?sapurl=Lys5cWhnL2xiL2xpLytkNG45NzVrP2VtYmVkJmJyYW5kaW5n and you can stream the service. With the time difference, it will likely be afternoon for you.  Then you can watch us. There’s a button to click. Just remember it is Pacific Time.

The Christmas tree is up and the girls are decorating it.

We looked at the house again and signed a bunch more papers.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Did work at the classroom and went to AFSA.  Came home had ham and bean soup for lunch.  Now I feel drowsy and would like a nap.  I never nap because then I can't sleep at night but I really want to just do nothing and relax.  I can't (see previous to-do list).    

Is your ham and bean soup like the Senate Bean Soup recipe with carrots and celery and white beans?? I’m making that that this week for my in-laws and for us. 

• Like 3

I am lying in bed with a warm cat on my lap. Sleet is falling outside.  DH and the boys foraged for dinner. I have two sickly cats (ancient bones) but both appear to be on the mend. I had the most exciting week of my writing life so far and the most dismal three days of work with so many elderly, sick animals that it was near constant sadness and compassion. I am so tired. 

I believe I will announce my news on Tuesday. 

• Like 6

We stopped by the walk-in clinic after the choir concert and ds14 has an ear/sinus infection.  Hopefully the drugs will kick in quickly and he'll be feeling better by tomorrow.  

Dd16 did not make it into the regional orchestra.  We are surprised, sort of, since she made it in last year, but the competition is so incredibly stiff.  If your bow slips a little or your note doesn't come out quite right, that could make the difference.  She took it well, but I feel bad for her.  

Kids are now at a youth group Christmas party.  I'm gonna get a couple things ready for tomorrow's crazy day.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt moved all the furniture around to bring the tree in and while doing so found a pine needle from last year.

I cleaned the kitchen and got dinner together so that we can go to our concert tonight!

We have a menu:

• Burgers with salad instead of fries
  • Fish pie (tastes like clam chowder)
  • Spinach artichoke chicken with cauliflower rice pilaf

• I'm having salad for lunch but adding in deli meat instead of Larabars

We haven't had a live tree in at least 7 years, when we realized that ds got sick every single year because he was allergic to the tree.  We STILL find the occasional pine needles around.

29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Is your ham and bean soup like the Senate Bean Soup recipe with carrots and celery and white beans?? I’m making that that this week for my in-laws and for us. 

No carrots but yes to the celery.  Also potatoes, white bean (canneloni) and navy beans.  and another kind of bean - great northern beans?   and onions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m back.

Bells have been rehearsed and polished. Susan, I wish you could hear us, too. You would love it. Oooh, oooh, ooh. I have an idea. I will post our church’s website , http://www.reedleymbc.org/?sapurl=Lys5cWhnL2xiL2xpLytkNG45NzVrP2VtYmVkJmJyYW5kaW5n and you can stream the service. With the time difference, it will likely be afternoon for you.  Then you can watch us. There’s a button to click. Just remember it is Pacific Time.

The Christmas tree is up and the girls are decorating it.

We looked at the house again and signed a bunch more papers.

What time is the service?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We stopped by the walk-in clinic after the choir concert and ds14 has an ear/sinus infection.  Hopefully the drugs will kick in quickly and he'll be feeling better by tomorrow.  

Dd16 did not make it into the regional orchestra.  We are surprised, sort of, since she made it in last year, but the competition is so incredibly stiff.  If your bow slips a little or your note doesn't come out quite right, that could make the difference.  She took it well, but I feel bad for her.  

Kids are now at a youth group Christmas party.  I'm gonna get a couple things ready for tomorrow's crazy day.

(((ds14)))

(((dd16)))

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I am lying in bed with a warm cat on my lap. Sleet is falling outside.  DH and the boys foraged for dinner. I have two sickly cats (ancient bones) but both appear to be on the mend. I had the most exciting week of my writing life so far and the most dismal three days of work with so many elderly, sick animals that it was near constant sadness and compassion. I am so tired. 

I believe I will announce my news on Tuesday. 

Is it Tuesday yet?

• Like 3

DD and I saw our homeschool group's first performance of You Can't Take it With You.  They did such a good job!  It was great! 

(((Susan's dd)))  I'm sorry about the orchestra audition!

Critter!  I don't think I can clear my calendar on Tuesday.  You may have to give me a time!!!  I'm so excited! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I was telling ds about my theory that Sounds of Silence is about coffee and he shared this with me: 

It's about the inability of human beings to communicate with each other and how we can often communicate better without words. The concept is supposed to be conveyed through the music itself instead of the lyrics, like the idea it presents. It's one of my favorite songs and Disturbed did an amazing cover, better than the original.

• Like 1

Coffee is brewing!  16yo ds is no longer with us - he's 17 today!  Another play performance this afternoon.  There are actually two casts except all the young men are in both casts. 

I woke up at 6, tried to go back to sleep, and had all kinds of crazy dreams for my efforts - like trying to clean up messes that didn't make sense, and then forgetting what time the play was on which day, which caused us to miss violin lesson, and then getting to the play on time, but everyone was getting ready to play basketball.  😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy Nirthday to Lynn's DS17, and happy Sunday to all.

We are snowed in.*  DS is delighted. This is only the 2nd time we've ever had snow in December, as far as I remember. (I've been here almost 20 years.)

* It takes less than an inch for us to be "snowed in." We actually got about 5".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1