Menu

Ignore this thread!

We’ve been biking the Upper Tampa Bay Trail often lately.  Which is really nice.  And exercise!

DS figured out today how to ride with no hands.  Not to be outdone, I showed him how it’s done.  I rode up and back no hands.  The only time I used hands was turning around at the ends.  I rode hands-free over bumps, up and down hills, around curves and corners, past other people, slowed down behind slow pokes, sped up to catch up, and even over small bridges.  I rocked it.  Oh, and I went out biking even though I had a pounding headache.   So bonus points.

I’m 42 and I’m a cool mom.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

I've been to Costco only to meet someone in their cafe thing for pizza.  We let go of our Sam's Club membership a while back because now if I need anything in bulk I go to GFS (Gordon Food Service) which caters to businesses but anyone can shop there.  It's smaller, too - like going from Kroger to Aldi.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Steve managed pizza hut for a very short time between the Air Force and Army stints.  He would bring home my request each night.  I wouls wake up at 1 or 2am just for the pizza.

He worked there too. He liked delivering pizza. I didn't like their pizza, but I liked their... something..?

Something I probably should not have been eating.

Eta: HERSHEY'S DUNKERS!

Svengo.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ikslo said:

Totally!

I think I said "Alex is being a total thing!" in the accountability thread. Left it there for hours. It was Critter's fault. She said something that sounded ITTish and I became discombobulated. It's all her fault. Not mine at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think I said "Alex is being a total thing!" in the accountability thread. Left it there for hours. It was Critter's fault. She said something that sounded ITTish and I became discombobulated. It's all her fault. Not mine at all.

I used someone’s like to get back to ITT, but they weren’t liking an ITTcomment, they were liking the other thread, and I didn’t notice.  This is why I usually only post here!  

Dont swim in the sea!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

CLEAN SHEETS!

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

I used someone’s like to get back to ITT, but they weren’t liking an ITTcomment, they were liking the other thread, and I didn’t notice.  This is why I usually only post here!  

Dont swim in the sea!!!

I've been swimming in the sea lately. Not even by the shore, but like parachuting in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Dont swim in the sea!!!

That's what I was thinking!  And don't take risks on treacherous roads!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

I accidentally posted ITT randomness on another thread.  Oops

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I TOTALLY DID THAT LAST WEEK! We are now besties.

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Totally!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I saw that!  I have almost done that so many times!  Or said BOOYA or felpful, etc on other threads.

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Dont swim in the sea!!!

I've really wanted to Booya/h badly. But I have restrained myself. And I do not swim in the sea. I limit myself to inane topics.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I made it back from the Afsa in one piece. I had four children with me. I even put the groceries away. Phew!!!!

Did you count them all when you got back?  I feel like I am forever counting heads when I take a bunch of them with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Junie said:

Did you count them all when you got back?  I feel like I am forever counting heads when I take a bunch of them with me.

If I yell zero John yells one, Mary yells two and Alex yells Ahhh because he doesn't get it because he's two but it gets the job done.

BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning!  It's Saturday!

Dd16 has an audition for regional orchestra this morning.  She is super well-prepared but gets extremely nervous to the point that she has trouble holding her bow.  I've given her some ways to warm up that will hopefully minimize muscle craziness.  Dh is taking her.  After lunch is the children's choir Christmas concert and then a youth group party tonight.

There are snowflakes on all the hours this morning, but then just rain for the next two days.  If the temperature decided to dip a couple degrees, we would have one wollop of a snowstorm!

I might run to Goodwill to get some bedding for the rats.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's Saturday!

Dd16 has an audition for regional orchestra this morning.  She is super well-prepared but gets extremely nervous to the point that she has trouble holding her bow.  I've given her some ways to warm up that will hopefully minimize muscle craziness.  Dh is taking her.  After lunch is the children's choir Christmas concert and then a youth group party tonight.  There are snowflakes on all the hours this morning, but then just rain for the next two days.  If the temperature decided to dip a couple degrees, we would have one wollop of a snowstorm!

Coffee!

I would love for dd14 to try out for regional or state band, but thus far she has refused.

• Like 3

I bought a necklace with a panda pendant to give to dd10 for Christmas.

Later, I decided that dd8 would probably like one, too.  The store no longer has them.

However, a few minutes ago when I was doing a gift inventory in my closet, I found an identical panda necklace that I apparently had purchased months ago.

Score!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

I'm enjoying my first cup of tea.  After my second cup of tea, I have to (in no particular order):

open a gazillion boxes that have been delivered from Target and Amazon to make sure things arrived and look the correct sizes

run to the library and return my books because they won't let me renew them again and I actually finished reading them weeks ago so it's time

decorate the tree and put up the stockings which means I should....

clean off and dust the top of the mantle (did you know both mantle and mantel show they are spelled correctly? I'm too lazy to look up which one is right).

run by the science center to do some straightening up

finalize plans for as many classes as I can get done.  Do at least the Monday classes.

go on the civil air patrol site to do the assessment for our last stem kit and sign up for another one

run out to AFSA to pick up supplies for my STEM program job on Tuesday night

Modify my internet safety presentation for the STEM program job (posting here reminded me about this one)

Tomorrow we have caroling with 4-H and then dinner at my mom's so I want to get as much done today as possible.  I suppose I should do some laundry too.

• Like 5