Menu

Ignore this thread!

And one of the worst things about the laptop fire, was the house was a rental and our land lady was super uptight about the appliances she'd put in. Seeing the melted plastic or whatever it was all over the burner was just as bad as looking at the laptop! 

• Like 2

Blue is Math.

I know this because....Yes! Latin is pink (and Spanish, et.al.)

And Dark Green is Science.

And Shades of yellow for various branches of LA.

Bible is more of a silver though. But only because I was writing on white labels so white wouldn't show up.

Mind meld, apparently. :coolgleamA:

You're right! Blue is math.

How could I have forgotten.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

DH quits work at the end of the month and officially retires a couple months later.  :party:  We have no plans for after yet!  :scared:  :banghead:  :zombiechase:

At the end of the month I'm going to apply for a promotion!

Unless you had to sit behind the therapy pony...

This whole line of thought of yours had me loling.

Day 18 step goal crushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are amazing.

Broth.

+

Drinking it now.

= This is the real reason the Internet exists.  :grouphug:

Slache: Did you know that if you donated a testicle we could get $35,000?

Matt: That's neat.

That is a lot! I didn't even know you could donate those. Sounds much more valuable than donating sperm at $200 a pop. 

• Like 6

Wait, WHAT?! How, where?

Neighbor kids having been stomping around just above our bedroom for about 25 min now. I hope they'll be done soon. I'm not sure why they're even here - neighbor normally only has them on weekends. 

• Like 1

Good morning! Happy Groundhog Day! TGIF! Old Lady Party!

Today is the release of Snoop Dog's new gospel album "Bible of Love". Please buy a million copies to make up for dh's work-week of horrors. (It was not Snoop causing problems, just various limitations in dh's ability to work miracles in contract release dates.)

Krissi, don't forget to go to the doctor.

Coffee!

• Like 7

Did you go? When we lived in Baltimore, my friends and I would grocery shop in the middle of the night whenever we could get out. Less crowded and didn't have kids with us.

Yes, I went. I usually go at 11pm or something. Downside of early morning is that we live near a school, and parents dropping off kids are crazy. 

• Like 1

Also, apparently the bakery section wasn't fully stocked yet. Late at night, I get that they're out, but early in the morning... didn't see that coming. 

DH runs into that problem on Sunday morning. Usually he has to wait on fruit and/or meat because they are restocking.

I've been doing pretty well this week going to bed at a decent hour - except last night, the night before I had to get up at 4:40am for a 5am class.  :huh:  My last 5am class!  :hurray:  I was up because I had a brainstorm, so wrote two more classes and put them up to request listing.  :svengo:

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7

Quick check in to let everyone know we are still alive, and have gotten home to Texas.  Must fill out more paperwork today, unload my truck at Dad's place (today, because rain tomorrow), and get some groceries while I still can before the Super Bowl crowds gut the stores.

This has been a rough half-a-month, and during the first day's drive homeward we found out DH's grandmother died.  FIL & his brothers and sister all saw her the week before, which is good.  Unfortunately they all also caught the flu from someone there and are too sick to travel back for the funeral.  DD13 has caught the flu from FIL, too, and I have to get my Dad settled and things arranged.  The extended family is fine with us not making it to the funeral, given the circumstances, and I have promised the girls when we get out there next we will make a stop in Grandma B's old home town to say goodbye.

More later, and I'll catch up when I can.  DD16 and I were falling into bed as soon as we got to the hotel room each evening -- no brain left for getting online (sorry!).  Hugs to all of you!

• Like 13

Bookie--you are in my thoughts. I agree with the assessment that self-care is important, but I think of it more as vital to keeping the machine running, like filling the gas tank.

Woke up to no power this morning, but we have wood heat. We had 8F on the porch thermometer. I melted down my kettle handle getting water for hot tea this morning--sadly, did not destroy my old kettle. I hate that thing and want a new one. No pain medication needed this morning. The boy's temperature remains normal, and he's not coughing as much. We will have a light school this morning. No oral recitations, just quiet studying and should finish up by noon so that we can continue resting.

Melted handles are bad ergonomics and can lead to more accidental burns.  You should replace that kettle with a safe, new one.  It has served you well, but needs to retire now.

• Like 2

Quick check in to let everyone know we are still alive, and have gotten home to Texas. Must fill out more paperwork today, unload my truck at Dad's place (today, because rain tomorrow), and get some groceries while I still can before the Super Bowl crowds gut the stores.

This has been a rough half-a-month, and during the first day's drive homeward we found out DH's grandmother died. FIL & his brothers and sister all saw her the week before, which is good. Unfortunately they all also caught the flu from someone there and are too sick to travel back for the funeral. DD13 has caught the flu from FIL, too, and I have to get my Dad settled and things arranged. The extended family is fine with us not making it to the funeral, given the circumstances, and I have promised the girls when we get out there next we will make a stop in Grandma B's old home town to say goodbye.

More later, and I'll catch up when I can. DD16 and I were falling into bed as soon as we got to the hotel room each evening -- no brain left for getting online (sorry!). Hugs to all of you!

Hugs!

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Doctor!!ðŸ‘👠Again!!!😩😩😩😩

I feel pretty much like carp. I slept in until I had to take DS to school.

There were three cats outside this morning waiting to be fed.... our two - Socks and Cleo and a skinny orange Tom who we named Chester. He must be feeling more at home because usually he waits for the other two cats to eat and this time he kicked Cleo out and ate from her bowl. I brought out another bowl. There’s plenty for all.

• Like 6

Wow, this is the second time in like a week that I've seen someone refer to primary school as early elementary school (this time someone over on the K-8 board). I don't think I'd ever seen someone use it like that before this week. In my experience, primary is Pre-K through 6th, secondary is 7th-12th, and tertiary is w/e education you do after high school. I mean, I don't think anybody is referring to mid-upper elementary as "secondary", are they? Confused. I'm also out of it because I didn't get enough sleep.

That is a lot! I didn't even know you could donate those. Sounds much more valuable than donating sperm at $200 a pop.

yeah, but with the latter, “there’s always more where that came fromâ€. Although it would take a lot of $200 donations to rack up $35,000.
  • Like 4

Good Afternoon!

We've had a busy morning here.

Bible Listening (me)

Devotions (me w/ ds17, dd15, and dd13)

Current Events (me w/ ds17 and dd15)

Math (me, dd7, dd11, dd13, dd15, and ds17)

Language (dd9)

Science (dd13 and ds17)

Laundry (me, dd15)

Genealogy (me)

Lunch prep (me w/ dd11)

ETA:  Sign Language (me, ds17, dd15, and dd13)

And I hope that everyone ate breakfast...

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

Good Afternoon!

We've had a busy morning here.

Bible Listening (me)

Devotions (me w/ ds17, dd15, and dd13)

Current Events (me w/ ds17 and dd15)

Math (me, dd7, dd11, dd13, dd15, and ds17)

Language (dd9)

Science (dd13 and ds17)

Laundry (me, dd15)

Genealogy (me)

Lunch prep (me w/ dd11)

ETA:  Sign Language (me, ds17, dd15, and dd13)

And I hope that everyone ate breakfast...

You did all the things!   :svengo:  :hurray:

ETA:  It's a JUNIE IS AWESOME BOOYAH!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

Ed-Po

School is almost done for the day. The popcorn staved off the usual lunchtime hunger rampage. I think they are likely to work into noon to finish, and one might be done before then. Maybe I should be assigning more work.  :glare:

At any rate, any complaints about how school takes too long are likely to be met with uproarious laughter on my part.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 4

Matt: That's neat.

:mellow:

Wow! Does it matter the age? 😜

I know, right? Cuz I'm thinking we have some extras that are no longer necessary. "We" being used in a loose sort of way.

coverlaugh.gif

Oh my goodness, Slache! That kind of makes me wish I had balls, so I could donate one! 😂

Actually, I'm thinking that you do have them, Bookie. Only yours are of the metaphoric variety. You rock, sister.

• Like 9

I started my morning having forgotten to set my alarm last night. I had a phone meeting scheduled for 6:30. It was 6:37.

Then the magic bullet leaked all over, so my keto coffee cup was badly shrunken. And the counter was a mess. Which is a consequence of having forgotten to buy cream when I was in town on Wednesday.

Do you ever get the feeling that you should have just stayed in bed?

• Like 5

I went to bed feeling like I was getting sick, and awoke this morning feeling the same.  I feel okay now, but I think it just might be coffee masking the onset of illness.  I am worried that I will spend my weekend being sick.  Why can't I get sick during the week and at least get a day off work because of it?  Why?

So wish me luck that I am able to fight this off, whatever it is.

• Like 3

I went to bed feeling like I was getting sick, and awoke this morning feeling the same.  I feel okay now, but I think it just might be coffee masking the onset of illness.  I am worried that I will spend my weekend being sick.  Why can't I get sick during the week and at least get a day off work because of it?  Why?

So wish me luck that I am able to fight this off, whatever it is.

Join me with chicken noodle soup and chamomile tea and EmergenC.  If I'm going down, I'm going down fighting.  

:grouphug:

• Like 4

Wow, this is the second time in like a week that I've seen someone refer to primary school as early elementary school (this time someone over on the K-8 board). I don't think I'd ever seen someone use it like that before this week. In my experience, primary is Pre-K through 6th, secondary is 7th-12th, and tertiary is w/e education you do after high school. I mean, I don't think anybody is referring to mid-upper elementary as "secondary", are they? Confused. I'm also out of it because I didn't get enough sleep.

This is from Wikipedia "primary school"

In the United States, "primary school" may refer to a school with grades Kindergarten through second grade or third grade. (K-2 or 3). In these municipalities, the "elementary school" includes grade three through five or grades four to six.

I know I've seen the first few grades referred to as primary before, I think in a homeschool book.

• Like 4