Menu

So - what pie are you having on Pi day?

JFSinIL

My Pie Club had a meeting today. We even got t-shirts!

Today we had two spaghetti pies (one meat and one veggie), tomato onion pie, chicken pot pie, peaches n cream pie, and pineapple pie. We consumed three pots of tea.

I was not aware of the existence of pie clubs. I really need to join one now. :)

• Like 3

I was not aware of the existence of pie clubs. I really need to join one now. :)

We've been meeting sporadically for about 5 years. It's not a tough sell. You just gather some friends who cook and have pie. Our club has gotten ridiculous. We call the meeting to order, have The a Reading of the Pies. Vote on the pies at the end. ("All in favor of apple say 'pie.' 'PIE') we're pretty much in favor of all of them. We close our meeting with a song. My personal goal is to try every pie. I'm an athlete like that.

• Like 5

We've been meeting sporadically for about 5 years. It's not a tough sell. You just gather some friends who cook and have pie. Our club has gotten ridiculous. We call the meeting to order, have The a Reading of the Pies. Vote on the pies at the end. ("All in favor of apple say 'pie.' 'PIE') we're pretty much in favor of all of them. We close our meeting with a song. My personal goal is to try every pie. I'm an athlete like that.

:hurray: :001_wub: How many clubs have I done with my kids over the years and never a pie club for me!? 

• Like 2

I haven't been doing well healthwise so my adult son brought home the dinner for Pi Day-  Pizza, Greek Salad, and Cherry and Blackberry Pies.  He then lamented about how he never gets to have boysenberry pie since we moved away from the west.  So I looked it up and we can grow boysenberries here in a container fine and I will be ordering one.  It won't be fruiting until next July or August but since we all love boysenberries- I think we can cheerfully anticipate them.

• Like 3

I made 2 meat pies for dinner using leftover roast (okay, I had to make extra when I was cooking the roast last week, so more like "planned-over" roast).  For dessert I made a brownie pie with cream cheese/powdered sugar spread over it and tons of fruit on top.  I also made a chocolate pie using Pioneer Woman's recipe.  It was sooo yummy.  I used semisweet chocolate chips and an oreo crust, though.  Very, very yummy!  

I stayed up late to make an apple pie. Dd had a climbing competition today so I made sure we could eat our pie at the appropriate time (9:26 am.) Unfortunately, I was in the volunteers meeting so I didn't get my pie until later that afternoon. It was yummy. We are about to sit down to pizza, but, since it is homemade, it is not really pie shaped, more like an amoeba. So we will not be able to use Pi to calculate area or circumference. Dh says we will need to integrate. :laugh:

LOL! Amoeba! That describes our homemade pizza. We make individual size pizzas, so it's like a Petrie dish full.