Menu

So - what pie are you having on Pi day?

JFSinIL

Chx pot pie! It was lunch.

We have a pumpkin pie too, but it is for tomorrow since Dh and the kids are going to my ILs for dinner.

I have finally figured out how to make consistently good pie crust and make one about every other week. Dd made the "pumpkin" one with our last batch of butternut squash. We got tons from our CSA.

• Like 1

We had a pi day party with various people bringing food, so the menu included pizza (round with a Pi symbol and square with r^2 on it), a pi skillet cookie, chocolate cream pie, quiche (2 kinds), round pasta with tomato and alfredo sauce, round pretzels, round crackers with cheese and ham slices, make your own mini pudding pies,  a round tray of fruit cut into circles, and an activity involving marking the diameter and circumference on oreos.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my math club mommies?

• Like 3

Pizza pie for dinner. My husband is holding out until 9:26, the rest of us got hungry. The kids will eat pie at 9:26, I am allergic to too many things to have pie, but can have homemade pizza with sheep cheese.

Apple

Pumpkin

Cookies and Cream

We invited the neighbors but I am not sure if we will have any takers.

• Like 1

I stayed up late to make an apple pie.  Dd had a climbing competition today so I made sure we could eat our pie at the appropriate time (9:26 am.)  Unfortunately, I was in the volunteers meeting so I didn't get my pie until later that afternoon.  It was yummy.  We are about to sit down to pizza, but, since it is homemade, it is not really pie shaped, more like an amoeba.  So we will not be able to use Pi to calculate area or circumference.  Dh says we will need to integrate. :laugh:

• Like 2

Chicken pot pie (was dinner for my daughter and me last night, my husband chose leftovers for breakfast)

waffles (daughter's breakfast)

spinach, garlic and mushroom pizza (lunch)

shepherd's pie (dinner)

apple pie

and a bit of leftover yogurt/cool whip pie with graham cracker crust