Menu

Good labor prayers/good vibes for a VBAC

PrincessMommy

no baby yet... just got back home.  labor is taking it's sweet time.  I got to her apt. at around 1:15 and she was way too chipper to be ready for birth.  I watched her for about 30min and then I sent her & her hubby to bed to sleep through contractions and I slept on the floor (or didn't sleep much).   When her youngest got up we went out for breakfast and her dh went to work (he has limited leave).  She's pacing my living room as I type.  She's still pretty chatty and happy. Prayers for labor to pick up would be wonderful.

Good news - she was at 3 cm at her midwife visit on monday.

no baby yet... just got back home.  labor is taking it's sweet time.  I got to her apt. at around 1:15 and she was way too chipper to be ready for birth.  I watched her for about 30min and then I sent her & her hubby to bed to sleep through contractions and I slept on the floor (or didn't sleep much).   When her youngest got up we went out for breakfast and her dh went to work (he has limited leave).  She's pacing my living room as I type.  She's still pretty chatty and happy. Prayers for labor to pick up would be wonderful.

You better go get some sleep!!!!

Very exciting! I am glad they sent her him rather than trying to rush her along. 

no baby yet... just got back home. labor is taking it's sweet time. I got to her apt. at around 1:15 and she was way too chipper to be ready for birth. I watched her for about 30min and then I sent her & her hubby to bed to sleep through contractions and I slept on the floor (or didn't sleep much). When her youngest got up we went out for breakfast and her dh went to work (he has limited leave). She's pacing my living room as I type. She's still pretty chatty and happy. Prayers for labor to pick up would be wonderful.

"Way too chipper" Love it!

Continued best wishes!

You better go get some sleep!!!!

Very exciting! I am glad they sent her him rather than trying to rush her along. 

I agree... last birth was a fiasco.  I'm so glad she switched.  But, I know she's ready for things to either happen or stop altogether...instead of this half-hearted labor she's doing now.

We're all vegging out and I plan to nap. ..it's hard with an active toddler around though.

I agree... last birth was a fiasco.  I'm so glad she switched.  But, I know she's ready for things to either happen or stop altogether...instead of this half-hearted labor she's doing now.

We're all vegging out and I plan to nap. ..it's hard with an active toddler around though.

Hopefully things are picking up.

With our third LO, I was having slightly more than half-hearted labor. Contractions were consistently 30 seconds long and 10 minutes apart...so very short and far apart. I then had one awful contraction where I screamed "I can't do this!!!".

Looking back, that was my first pushing contraction. We didn't think I was anywhere near that far along. Anyway, 2 contractions later I was holding baby.

Here's to hoping she's safely holding baby soon!

Slow labor can mean baby is trying to get in a good position. Knee chest for a bit, or going up stairs sideways, lunges, etc can help. Look up spinning babies for ideas, or try a chiropracter visit.

Good luck, I had two VBACs, with 9lb and a 10lb baby!

Hey, I had 2 VBACs, too! 8lbs each and both sunny-side up!

Still not much happening... LOL.   This is not at how any of my labors went so we're just looking at each other.   She's still in good spirits, which is good.  We all had a nice long nap.  It seems like the contractions pick up when she sits down and squats...rather than walking around.  Here's hoping she meets her baby sometime before the day is out.

Another vote for seeing if baby is in an optimal position. I had contractions off and on for twenty hours with DS4, and I really feel that it was my body trying to get him into a better position before kicking into real labor. Real labor was barely an hour long (although he never did get into a good position -- but maybe he'd been even worse before, egads)! I hope the new baby is here soon!

Since she is having a putsy putsy labor, I would have her ask the midwife for suggestions on not getting too tired.  My sister had a slow labor for 2 days before things got into gear.  She got some rest by snoozing in the tub.  The water helped slow down the contractions so she could sleep through them.  Her husband took the dog bed into the bathroom so he could nap on the floor and keep adding hot water.  (Probably the only time he was that attentive:).)  When she is rested, have her work on positioning.  Knee-chest position can help the baby un-engage and then settle back into a better position when mom is upright. 

Thank you everyone.   She's gone home for the night with her dh.  She had a scheduled chiro. appt. tomorrow anyway that she's planning to go to.  I'm going on the assumption that nothing much will happen overnight..and am hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight. 

She told me the MW did tell her at the last apt. that the baby was probably OP - which I have suspected all along - and she had with her previous child.  I'm really encouraged by all the things the mw has been telling her over the phone and the fact that they had sent her to a chiro. to help get the baby turned around.  And I've heard it can sometimes get laboring in gear. 

Fortunately, labor has not been tiring her out too much.   She walked a lot today, sat on her ball, and did a little hands/elbow positions.  Plus a lot of resting too.

Thanks again everyone.  Keep those prayers/positive thoughts coming.  I'll probably start another thread when it seems like it's really getting started again.

I'm not sure how far along she is, but I had a similar situation at almost 38 weeks with baby #4. I was sure I was in labor, but knew baby was malpositioned. I went to an amazing chiro who fixed me right up, but said that she thought the adjustment might slow or stop my labor. The babies poor position was triggering everything. She was right. Contractions and pain completely stopped for 3 weeks. Then when labor restarted was about 30 minutes from first contraction to holding baby. It was an amazing birth. Please update when you can!!!!