Menu

If you drink Cafe Lattes

DawnM

I am one of those people that can legitimately save money by avoiding coffee shops because I go so many times a week :) I religiously get a sugar free soy hazelnut latte or vanilla latte (iced in summer and hot in winter). Sometimes I'll break things up and get a creme brûlée latte when it comes out, but not usually.

Dawn, if you like a little flavor, you can ask them for fewer pumps of syrup in your latte. That's what I always do. I also ask for mine to be made with whole milk.

Fyi, at Starbucks, the number of pumps of syrup are 3 (tall), 4 (grande), And 5 (venti). So, I often will order a grande with only 3 pumps of syrup.

The cafe I work at makes "Black Forest Lattes" made up of equal parts raspberry Monin syrup, almond Monin syrup and chocolate syrup. Pour espresso (1-3 shots, depending on size) over syrups and stir. Add in steamed milk and serve with whipped cream and cocoa powder. Yum. It's a treat for me, not something I'd have everyday.

Does pumpkin spice latte have actual pumpkin in it, or just the spices?  That's what I was told - just cinnamon, cloves, etc.  No actual pumpkin.  I have liked those in the past, but last year I stopped ordering them at Starbucks as they tasted burned.  But then everything at Starbucks tastes burned to me.

I don't have many lattes though I do drink coffee at home and I add stuff to it to flavor it sometimes.  I add a little hazelnut syrup occasionally.  I recently found a recipe for a creamer that cocoa powder and cayenne in it (among other things).  That was delicious!

ETA: I just googled.  No pumpkin in a pumpkin spice latte.  Links available on request. But then again maybe I am the only one who didn't know that for sure.

Actually, I did not know this.  Does it have pumpkin flavoring in it.  Apparently people can't get an answer to this.  It does have flavoring, just not sure if it is pumpkin or not.  Huh.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/08/25/starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte/

Does pumpkin spice latte have actual pumpkin in it, or just the spices?  That's what I was told - just cinnamon, cloves, etc.  No actual pumpkin.  I have liked those in the past, but last year I stopped ordering them at Starbucks as they tasted burned.  But then everything at Starbucks tastes burned to me.

I don't have many lattes though I do drink coffee at home and I add stuff to it to flavor it sometimes.  I add a little hazelnut syrup occasionally.  I recently found a recipe for a creamer that cocoa powder and cayenne in it (among other things).  That was delicious!

ETA: I just googled.  No pumpkin in a pumpkin spice latte.  Links available on request. But then again maybe I am the only one who didn't know that for sure.

The cafe I work at makes "Black Forest Lattes" made up of equal parts raspberry Monin syrup, almond Monin syrup and chocolate syrup. Pour espresso (1-3 shots, depending on size) over syrups and stir. Add in steamed milk and serve with whipped cream and cocoa powder. Yum. It's a treat for me, not something I'd have everyday.

This sounds really good!!  I'm going to have to ask my favorite shop if they can make me one next time I'm there.

No, no shame......it was just the thought of pumpkin in my coffee.....although now I am ashamed to know there is no pumpkin in there anyway!

Dawn

I love them all, but I do soy milk in mine when I do get one out.  At home I just do plain coffee and coconut milk.  Yum!  (And I'm ashamed to admit that I LOVE pumpkin spice latte)

Cinnamon Dolce, at Starbucks.  Sometimes I can get one of them to sell me a bottle of the syrup, but it's just not the same.  OMGosh, so good.

The first year I had it, it was seasonal.  I was CRUSHED when it went away.  But now they have it year round, sometimes not showing on the menu but usually available if you ask for it.  So so so good.

I like an unflavored, unsweetened breve latte when I run to starbucks, which is maybe 1-2x a month, depending.  Calorie bomb, but for me that can be a meal replacement (lots of fat from the half and half used instead of milk).

Years ago I liked pumpkin spice lattes, and then I think they changed the flavor and it was IMO never the same.  And then I stopped drinking sweetened coffee of any type.  Now I just can't do it.  But I do love a good breve latte :)

Does pumpkin spice latte have actual pumpkin in it, or just the spices? That's what I was told - just cinnamon, cloves, etc. No actual pumpkin. I have liked those in the past, but last year I stopped ordering them at Starbucks as they tasted burned. But then everything at Starbucks tastes burned to me.

I don't have many lattes though I do drink coffee at home and I add stuff to it to flavor it sometimes. I add a little hazelnut syrup occasionally. I recently found a recipe for a creamer that cocoa powder and cayenne in it (among other things). That was delicious!

ETA: I just googled. No pumpkin in a pumpkin spice latte. Links available on request. But then again maybe I am the only one who didn't know that for sure.

Yup. No pumpkin according to my Starbucks employee friend. I see it in the knock off recipes online though. I tried it one and kept finding globs of pumpkin throughout the latter. Blech.