Menu

Are YOU going to dress up for Halloween?

Luanne

My daughter dresses up every year.  She is 25.  She just loves dressing up.  This year at least she has a reason to since they are dressing up at her work.  She is going as a wrestler named Sting this year.  She wants me to dress up as well.  I am torn between being John Cena and being a clown.  I am leaning toward being a clown.

Yes, we have a Halloween party most years and most people who come dress up. This year, it's the Saturday before Halloween. I usually do a simple costume on Halloween, if it's a different night than our party. I'm dressing as the Bride of Frankenstein this year. DH may or may not be Frankenstein, he hasn't decided. We have a variety of costumes/costume pieces in our box-vampires, witch hats, various capes, wings, white toga-type outfits, etc.

Every year! I'm wearing my rainbow spider web witch hat and dress right now, about to head out to a girl scout event. Next Saturday I'm hosting a murder mystery, so I'll be dressing as my character. On Halloween I'll be wearing my witch hat and double layer cloak for warmth.

I'm going as a picnic. I have little plastic ants to glue on with eyelash adhesive, up the side of my face and into my hairline. Then I am pinning the kids' play picnic tablecloth to my front with pictures of food on it. I think I'll carry a basket of cookies to hand out.

What kind of makeup do you wear when you are a picnic?

Being a non-observer of the day, no.

Was this thread exclusively for those who do observe the event?  Thread title's wording left the question open. 

Just ignore, then, if applicable.

Yeah, basically.  I know some people don't observe the event and that is fine.  Our dressing up is the extent of what we do.  We never go to parties or do anything else.  My daughter just likes to dress up.  I think she would do it every day if she could. LOL

I wanted too but don't know if I'll be able to get the costume together in time.  DS is being Mario, DD is being Princess Peach... so I got the idea that dh could be Luigi (we already have the hat so everything else is easy,)  and I'd be Yoshi with our 9 month old on my back as Toad.  The yoshi costume is the only hard one and because of that I'm not too motivated to get it done.  Maybe I'll happen upon one at Goodwill before Halloween.

I'm also going out to a bar with a friend after trick or treating since we live in a college town and enjoy looking at all the college students' costumes.  She'll make me put something on so I was thing of just wearing a monkey hat from my ds old costume.

My daughter dresses up every year. She is 25. She just loves dressing up. This year at least she has a reason to since they are dressing up at her work. She is going as a wrestler named Sting this year. She wants me to dress up as well. I am torn between being John Cena and being a clown. I am leaning toward being a clown.

Oh my goodness! I am going as the icon Sting this year. :)

Hubby is going to be Hulk Hogan, dd12 is Jeff Hardy, ds10 is A.J. Styles, and dd5 is Samoa Joe. We are all going to be wrestlers this year. Last year we were Batman characters.

This is off topic but I had to share.

One year when I was a child, my dad came home late on Halloween night. He wore his suit then cut out the letters I.R.S. and glued them to his briefcase. Every adult said his was the scariest costume they ever saw! 

We stopped celebrating Halloween when kids started having allergies. They still like to carve a pumpkin and hand out candy, though.

No, I'm not dressing up, but I'm taking the kids out this year. Niece and Jr are dressing up. Niece is torn between being a shovel and a being a pirate-woman with a crown who is the boss. Not a pirate queen mind, you, and definitely not a princess. But a pirate...with a crown...who is the boss.

Oh my goodness! I am going as the icon Sting this year. :)

Hubby is going to be Hulk Hogan, dd12 is Jeff Hardy, ds10 is A.J. Styles, and dd5 is Samoa Joe. We are all going to be wrestlers this year. Last year we were Batman characters.

My daughter is very excited to hear that you are going as Sting as well. :D

My daughter is very excited to hear that you are going as Sting as well. :D

I was pleasantly surprised when I read your original post. I wasn't sure if anyone on this board would know who the wrestler Sting is. (I thought they might confuse him with the singer Sting, whom I also like.) My guilty pleasure is watching TNA Impact Wrestling every Thursday night. :blushing:

I was pleasantly surprised when I read your original post. I wasn't sure if anyone on this board would know who the wrestler Sting is. (I thought they might confuse him with the singer Sting, whom I also like.) My guilty pleasure is watching TNA Impact Wrestling every Thursday night. :blushing:

That is why I was very specific about it being Sting the wrestler.  I had a feeling someone would confuse it as well.  :laugh:

Last year, I was Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy.  Our family dressed as a theme WordGirl:

dd6: WordGirl

dd2: Captain Huggyface

Dad: Dr. Two-Brains

Mom: Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy.

This year, I am thinking about going as the Handsome Panther.  WordGirl fans will understand.