Menu

Corey Monteith from Glee has passed away.

Slartibartfast

He brought a lot of vulnerability to such a sweet character, a young man trying to live up to the image of what many consider manly while learning to follow his heart and passions. My older boy is just now old enough to watch Glee and I was looking forward to him enjoying that character. My son is a dedicated ballet dancer and theater kid, so he understands a lot about being pulled in those two directions. Not to mention, my boy is also named Finn, so I know he will enjoy the show. Now, it is going to be a bittersweet thing.

I also know the actor said he struggled with addictions, but seemed to know how very lucky he was to have such success in his career.

Addiction is a hard, hard thing.

Yes. It's even sadder because he fought so hard to beat his demons when he was younger and went on to become so successful...only to have those demons track him down. 

I wonder if this will mean the end of the show? I'm sure Lea Michelle will be devastated, as will his other costars and colleagues. The show has been kind of struggling anyway, I thought. Either way, it's going to be a very sad season for everyone. 

I'm so sorry for his family and friends. Hollywood is a terrible place to be a recovering addict :( 

I find this very sad. When he went to rehab back in April, I figured it was a "fell off the wagon, time to nip it in the bud" kinda thing since you didn't really hear about him having problems. No gossip about partying, work suffering, etc. I had read an article where he was very open about battling addiction in his late teens, seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders. His death certainly sounds drug related, but it's possible it was something else.

Am I missing something here?

All I can see is that the details of his death and the contents of his room are not being disclosed.

I know he had just come out of rehab..... do you know something I don't to assume is death is definitively from drugs?

No, I think we're just extrapolating based on past history, his recent struggles, and the fact that young people in Hollywood don't usually die alone in hotel rooms of natural causes. If it wasn't drugs, that would be some small comfort to his loved ones, though, I'm sure. 

wow, I loved his character.  I had no idea he was from Canada or that he was 31, wow he looked young for his age.

I do wonder what will happen to the show now.  The way last season was wrapping up it looked like rachel and finn would finally be together again etc.  So whether they had already filmed for next season or not if they are going to stay on the air they will need to write him out of the show.  Because if they try to pull a soap opera stunt of just changing the actor I will be done watching it.

No matter what the cause of death was, I am sorry to his friends and family for the loss.

I don't think they'd consider recasting the role, especially considering that Lea Michele (plays Rachel) is his real life  girlfriend.  I don't know what they'll do. I wish her, and his family, peace during this tragedy.

I don't know for certain if his death was related to drugs. But if it was, that  makes it no less tragic. Addiction is a terrible disease that has taken far too many young people.

Very sad.  Although I thought he'd aged incredibly in the past couple of years, which I assumed had to do with lifestyle, or possibly past lifestyle.  When the show started he looked young, but more recently looked much older than 31.

I haven't watched Glee in forever, but when I saw the news it still felt like a kick in the gut. He was just one of those characters you felt like you *knew* and were friends with in real life. I read somewhere that he was a lot like his character. Just an all around nice guy who was always encouraging his castmates and welcoming new members. I did not know he was with Lea Michele IRL, I was so sad for her. They really did make the cutest couple.