Menu

nm

Guest inoubliable

Creepy.

I was thinking he was peeping into your windows to see if there was anything interesting going on inside your house.

The kid sounds... odd. Too bad you don't know who his parents are. What if he peeps into the wrong window and gets caught by someone who will go off the deep end about it? Or what if he sees something he really shouldn't be seeing at his age? :eek:

Sounds like the neighbor gave his friend a dare.

This is what I thought too. If he didn't look distressed, I doubt I would intervene.

If he did look distressed, I would go outside and ask the group of kids and ask how they were all doing. I might add that they should not go onto my property without asking first.

School is out for the day. Both kids had backpacks on. Telling my DH about it now and he's all, "Those kids are bizarre." If I notice them out again, I'll call. There's a bit of a history with the actual neighbor kids. We've had to call the police about them before - trespassing, destruction of property, vandalism, etc. The kid didn't look distressed, just...weird. He was staring at me like he couldn't understand the words coming out of my head. And then he just turned and ran. Weirdos.

That makes more sense if school is out. Hopefully it's not their way of asking for help or seeking attention if they are being neglected or left alone on a regular basis.

That makes more sense if school is out. Hopefully it's not their way of asking for help or seeking attention if they are being neglected or left alone on a regular basis.

Well, since the kid seemed more defiant than scared, I would suspect that he's just a little brat who was intentionally doing something he knew was wrong.

School is out for the day. Both kids had backpacks on. Telling my DH about it now and he's all, "Those kids are bizarre." If I notice them out again, I'll call. There's a bit of a history with the actual neighbor kids. We've had to call the police about them before - trespassing, destruction of property, vandalism, etc. The kid didn't look distressed, just...weird. He was staring at me like he couldn't understand the words coming out of my head. And then he just turned and ran. Weirdos.

So is it possible the neighbor kids put him up to that to get up your nose?

Gandalf: Confound it all, Samwise Gamgee. Have you been eavesdropping?

Sam: I ain't been droppin' no eaves sir, honest. I was just cutting the grass under the window there, if you'll follow me.

Gandalf: A little late for trimming the verge, don't you think?

Sam: I heard raised voices.

Gandalf: What did you hear? Speak.

Sam: N? nothing important. That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, and a Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but... Please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything... unnatural.

but... Please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything... unnatural.

I vote you turn him into something unnatural. :) That'll stop the neighbor kids from putting him up to more pranks. Really, that's what my first thought was... Neighbor kid dared him to do it. They're out of school, they're bored, they're getting into trouble.

If the kid looked like he didn't understand it could be that he has special needs and the neighbor kids put him up to this and he really didn't totally understand what he was doing was not right. Sad to say, many times kids will dare special needs kids to do things because they know the kids will do things just to be "liked".

Sounds like the neighbor gave his friend a dare.

and considering the recent carjacking attempt by a 7 & 11 yo in portland (complete with gun), I'd be wary. especially with a history with the neighbor kids.

doesn't sound like hiding from a bully to me. the kid sounded like he had an attitude.

Okay, that is realllly weird. Definitely sounds like a game of truth or dare to me. What other explanation could there be? It surprises me that he didn't feel nervous when you came out to question him. That would be the normal reaction, but it sounds like he was pretty secure with his decision to stand there. You must not seem mean enough! ;) Strange...

If you catch him doing it another time I would go for the town witch title and threaten to turn him into something unnatural.

Some kids in my high school swore that "Crazy Agnes" made their car stall in her driveway with her witch powers when they were joy-riding and stopped to taunt her.

Gandalf: Confound it all, Samwise Gamgee. Have you been eavesdropping?

Sam: I ain't been droppin' no eaves sir, honest. I was just cutting the grass under the window there, if you'll follow me.

Gandalf: A little late for trimming the verge, don't you think?

Sam: I heard raised voices.

Gandalf: What did you hear? Speak.

Sam: N? nothing important. That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, and a Dark Lord, and something about the end of the world, but... Please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything... unnatural.

Hobbitsesss!

This must be the child of that stroller lady - remember her?

I wish we had a stroller lady update. I was just thinking about her the other day. I wonder if she's still ... unwell.

This thread makes me wish I lived in the neighborhood witch's house. My house is just a boring 70's split level.

Hey, you know those people next door?

They HOMESCHOOL. I heard their mom is weird. I dare you to peek in her window and see what they do in there.

I bet she treats her kids like slaves and makes them eat Kale chips.

Yup! He was probably trying to see if your kids were tied to the dining room chairs while doing math.