Menu

Praying people

Will do!

Audrey, I just want to say that your post brings tears to my eyes. You know your personal, religious limits, yet you care enough about another person to ask for something that has meaning for her even though it doesn't for you.

I think that's pretty awesome! :001_smile:

Faith

:iagree: and I hope and pray that we can all show such love and compassion towards our friends.

I will be praying for Jackie.

:grouphug:

How did your friend's surgery go? Do you have an update?

No. I'm very sorry, but I haven't heard from her niece yet (who is my point of contact at the moment). I texted her earlier this evening, but haven't received a reply. I'm anxious to hear from her, but don't want to bug her too much, kwim?

Edited by Audrey

No. I'm very sorry, but I haven't heard from her niece yet (who is my point of contact at the moment). I texted her earlier this evening, but haven't received a reply. I'm anxious to hear from her, but don't want to bug her too much, kwim?

:grouphug: Audrey.

Will do!

Audrey, I just want to say that your post brings tears to my eyes. You know your personal, religious limits, yet you care enough about another person to ask for something that has meaning for her even though it doesn't for you.

I think that's pretty awesome! :001_smile:

Faith

I didn't read posts but me too!

I will think of her. And I think you can send positive thoughts and think of her.

I just received word from her niece. Jackie made it through her surgery, which took much longer than anticipated, but the tumour was more involved than originally thought. She was taken to ICU and remains there today. She is not responding well and they are not sure she will be able to keep her eye. The next 48 hours will be critical to her recovery.

I will update more as I know more.

Edited by Audrey

I just got a text that Jackie is being moved from ICU, and that she was doing much better overnight and this morning. Family will be able to visit soon.

She's got a long haul ahead, but it's looking up! :001_smile:

I just got a text that Jackie is being moved from ICU, and that she was doing much better overnight and this morning. Family will be able to visit soon.

Such happy news! I am just seeing this, but I will join in prayers for your friend that her recovery will be quick and complete with a good prognosis.

:grouphug:

Yay! I was thinking of you and your friend this morning, thank you for posting the update!

We'll keep her in our prayers.