Menu

Favorite fail proof fudge recipe for gifts????

DawnM

NEED FUDGE RECIPES!!!!!!!!!

This Christmas I plan to make people like teachers/scout stuff/friends/extended family a Gladware rectangular Christmas container of fudge with a nice ribbon on it. Like below....

333603_10151037872330065_7465355_o.jpg

SHARE YOUR RECIPES for fudge please!

Dawn

Edited by DawnM

I mean will harden and not fall apart!

I don't know if it's fail proof but I just make the Fantasy Fudge recipe that is on the Kraft marshmallow creme jar. My sister swears it is the easiest recipe and we love it so I've never tried anything else.

What do you mean by "fail proof?"

I think the one on the marshmallow fluff one is a good one for ease. They even call it "Never Fail Fudge."

I made marshmallows for the first time last December, and they were WAY easy (if you have a stand mixer). Just in case you need something else to consider. We did marshmallows and those "hot chocolate blocks" that King Arthur Flour posted.

We make fudge as Christmas gifts too. We use the Kraft Fantasy fudge recipe. The key is to make sure you boil it just the right amount of time. Not too long or it will be too hard, not too short because it will be gritty from the sugar not melting all the way.

Between my mom and I we make about 15 batches of fudge. It never fails that 1 turns out badly, so expect it.

Some fun ones we've done:

Peanut butter

Mint (use andes mint chips)

vanilla

Chocolate and raisin

chocolate and craisin

chocolate and nut

Have fun!

I never liked the marshmallow fluff fudge recipe. I've been using a microwave recipe - its vegan, but i'm sure you could just change it to use cream and margarine instead of soy milk and vegan spread:

http://autonomieproject.wordpress.com/2008/12/12/vegan-holiday-fudge/

Its the first recipe, and I just melt the chocolate/milk/margerine together in the microwave, then add the cocoa and nuke about a minute, then add a cup of sugar, stir well, nuke another minute . .. make sure its really melted before adding the next cup.

I used to be a die-hard Hershey's Cocoa cooked-on-the-stove fudge person . ..but i am amazed how much I love this

What's in the containers without sugar and chocolate? Is it homemade?

I'm not a fudge fan, so I don't have a recipe for you.

Oh, and lest you think I am actually talented.....I am not. These are stolen ideas! But they are really cute and look fun.

I will also make these for those who can't have chocolate or sugar:

194711_10150979950915065_1410983195_o.jpg

I don't know if it's fail proof but I just make the Fantasy Fudge recipe that is on the Kraft marshmallow creme jar. My sister swears it is the easiest recipe and we love it so I've never tried anything else.

This is what I use as well and the only time I have ever had any problems is if I over cook it. We also make peanut butter fudge by substituting peanut butter chips for the chocolate ones.

but delicious and foolproof

16 oz. chips - any flavor

14 oz. sweetened condensed milk

4 T. butter

heat it over a double boiler until chips are melted, stir, and pour into a greased, parchment lined 8" square pan.

You can add ANY flavoring, use any flavor chips, swirl different flavors of chips (peanut butter and chocolate, yum), add nuts or any other mix in. We generally make ours with orange peel and a little orange extract and dark chocolate chips.

This is what I make too. For a few years they changed the recipe on the Kraft jar and I had to google "Fantasy Fudge" to find it. Not sure if it is back on the jar this season.

I have had it fail before, but I finally figured out to set the kitchen timer for 5 minutes as soon as it comes to a full rolling boil. Remove it from heat as soon as the timer goes off. Since I've started doing that, it has never failed. :)

Fudge will turn out better with high pressure is in control. Like meringues, avoid candy-making on rainy or changeable days. Fantasy fudge is good, so is the Fluffo product sold at Wal-Mart with the peanut butter and jelly. They have a recipe on the canister and the big canisters make 4 pounds each.

Watch the weather.

I know you didn't ask for it but I'm addicted to this butterscotch fudge!

Ingredients

1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided

2 cups sugar

1 cup evaporated milk

1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips

1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

Directions

Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butterscotch chips and graham cracker crumbs; stir until chips are melted.

Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

I also recommend the recipe that is on the back of Kraft Marshmallow Creme. I've made that recipe for years and it is amazing. I've never had it fail. A few years ago they changed the recipe from semi-sweet chocolate chips to baker's chocolate. I still just use chocolate chips.

Oh my goodness I am craving fudge!:tongue_smilie:

Slightly OT, but if those oyster crackers are what I think they are (coated with ranch dressing mix I think?), I have had them, and sadly they are not at all delicious.

Just a heads up before you dive into making 42 gallons of them. :)

Really? I LOVE them. I think the ones that I had were coated with something similar but maybe it wasn't ranch.

Slightly OT, but if those oyster crackers are what I think they are (coated with ranch dressing mix I think?), I have had them, and sadly they are not at all delicious.

Just a heads up before you dive into making 42 gallons of them. :)

I thought I was the only one who didn't like them! I made a ton for a party once and they didn't get eaten. Haven't made them since.

This is the recipe I use (the microwave version) and I'd call it fail proof because it worked for me the first time I used and everytime since and I'm NOT a cook

I make this recipe every year, and it is always the first thing gone at my annual open house. It is very easy to change up; you don't have to use a snickers bar. You can use a different type of chocolate chip and at a tsp of flavored extract (like peppermint or orange) and a different mix-in (like crushed candy canes) and it still turns out excellent. You really can't go wrong with two ingredients and the microwave. :001_smile:

(It will get soft if you let it sit out for hours and hours; it needs to be refrigerated until you give it to someone)