Menu

It's that time of year.

My Dad is so like this! My DH, not at all. I think he's taken one day off work for being sick in the 14+ years I've known and worked with him, and when he did I had to wonder if it was going to be terminal. Of course, this means he likely goes to work spreading stuff to everyone else :glare:, but to him it's just never so bad that he can't make it. :rolleyes:

I get a tiny temp, though, and feel like I'm dying which of course I am. :lol: I just get so much sicker when I do get sick. DH will sometimes take of work for that, depending on the kid situation. He really tries to sympathize, but just does not understand how I can feel so horrible with a 100 degree temp and a stuffy head. I'm gonna call it a Chick Cold.

The mancold doesn't bother me so much as my husband's annoying habit of somehow magically developing some random symptom much more serious than mine if I even so much as mention I don't feel well. :glare: For example, I mentioned a headache was bothering me the other day, and immediately he said he had had a splitting headache for days. It's like he always has to one-up whatever I've got going on. I have called him out on it a few times, and it seems he doesn't even realize he's doing it. I wonder if maybe he's trying to make me feel better? Sympathy pain? I dunno. It's mostly funny, but if I'm really feeling awful it just makes me want to backhand him. :lol:

The mancold doesn't bother me so much as my husband's annoying habit of somehow magically developing some random symptom much more serious than mine if I even so much as mention I don't feel well. :glare: For example, I mentioned a headache was bothering me the other day, and immediately he said he had had a splitting headache for days. It's like he always has to one-up whatever I've got going on. I have called him out on it a few times, and it seems he doesn't even realize he's doing it. I wonder if maybe he's trying to make me feel better? Sympathy pain? I dunno. It's mostly funny, but if I'm really feeling awful it just makes me want to backhand him. :lol:

I have one of those. I've taken to telling him that life is not a competition. :glare:

I have banished him to the upstairs. Cannot handle him any more.

Why is the oven on?

Because I got tired of the cat meowing.

Is the dishwasher running again?

Nate needed a bath.

Did you know we only have one bag of coffee left?

Drink it all up now, you may feel better.

What are the kids doing?

Licking the floors clean.

:svengo:

I am so going to walk into your office and ask inane questions every 2 seconds.

:iagree: If we are both sick than he HAS to be sicker than me. Which means I do the work and taking care of.

OMG, my DH was the WORST at this when I was pregnant!

Me: "Aw, my back kind of hurts, I need to sit down."

Him: "Yeah, my back has really been hurting recently too! Do you think I should see a chiropractor?"

Me: Stares at him.

Him: "What?"

Seriously, every pregnancy symptom... he had too!

"Laura! Laura!":lol:

Thanks for the PSA. Dh's allergies are 1,000 times worse than mine:glare:. His hips hurt worse than mine. His headache is more severe than mine. B.A.R.F.

I hate MANCOLD season. Hate it. Hate hate hate it. I have 3 offspring, not 3 offspring plus a big giant overgrown baby.

:lol:

I'm glad I am laughing about this. Usually I am :angry: :smash: :banghead: :cursing:

Whenever DH starts whining about some little hangnail or sniffle, I remind him of the almost 10 lb HUMAN that was inside me and then had to come out. Without medication. That usually shuts him up for a bit. ;) :lol:

Mine, thankfully, appears to be immune to the mancold. And he would think the video is as funny as I find it, but he's had that 9-1-1 call so many times in the past 15 years (along with the 3a.m. hangnail and hurty toe of unknown origin) that he watched it and handed my phone back saying, "I think he lives in <city of employment>" :lol:

If dh is sick, he requires back rubs, foot rubs, hot tea - delivered to him regularly - special foods, you name it. He's a royal pain in the rear. Now, he won't necessarily take time off from work, but boy does he expect the wife pampering thing and sulks if I don't have time to give it to him. :glare:

However, if I could have Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, and Ebola all at once, and man....NO ONE is checking on me! :smash: I was once so sick I couldn't get out of bed on my own. He and the kids went over 10 hours without once checking to see if I was okay. They eventually found me next to the bed passed out from dehydration.

If I ever needed real care...to actually have someone kind of watch over me and make sure I was okay, I would need to be in the hospital. These people would let me die and would not notice until A. they wanted to know what was for dinner, B. dh needed a specific shirt laundered and ironed for work the next day - he would come looking for me at approximately 11:00 p.m. to tell me this :banghead: or C. the stench came wafting out from underneath the bedroom door and became far too strong to ignore. :glare:

This is what happens when one lives with four, clueless, geeks. Eldest boy cannot "suck it up" when he's sick either. Therefore, at almost 16 years of age, I now have two potential victims of man-cold season. :willy_nilly:

Faith

Ha-ha! I just got home from an evening at dance classes with the kids and found DH on the couch snuggled up under a blanket. He never does that. I eyed him suspiciously and he said he was going to be early.

Good gravy. Not the mancold. Worst sickness ever.

I spoke too soon last night. It's worse. It's not Mancold, it's Mansick...Every once in a while Dh will overdo it at work, and while he's overdoing it, he's not drinking anything at all. Guess what he did yesterday? Now he's lying on the couch, dehydrated, moving only to go yack... :glare: I'm giving him an hour and then sending him to go buy some Gatorade and go to work.

Conversation with my (totally healthy, has-no-cold) 3 year old son this morning:

Him: Mama, are you sick?

Me (trying to sound reassuring so he isn't worried about my health): I have a little cold, so yes I'm a little sick.

Him: I have a cold too. I'm sicker than you.

I immediately thought of this thread and "NOOOOOO! HE'S TOO YOUNG FOR A MAN COLD!!!!"

Conversation with my (totally healthy, has-no-cold) 3 year old son this morning:

Me (trying to sound reassuring so he isn't worried about my health): I have a little cold, so yes I'm a little sick.

I immediately thought of this thread and "NOOOOOO! HE'S TOO YOUNG FOR A MAN COLD!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

If dh is sick, he requires back rubs, foot rubs, hot tea - delivered to him regularly - special foods, you name it. He's a royal pain in the rear. Now, he won't necessarily take time off from work, but boy does he expect the wife pampering thing and sulks if I don't have time to give it to him.

However, if I could have Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, and Ebola all at once, and man....NO ONE is checking on me! I was once so sick I couldn't get out of bed on my own. He and the kids went over 10 hours without once checking to see if I was okay. They eventually found me next to the bed passed out from dehydration.

If I ever needed real care...to actually have someone kind of watch over me and make sure I was okay, I would need to be in the hospital. These people would let me die and would not notice until A. they wanted to know what was for dinner, B. dh needed a specific shirt laundered and ironed for work the next day - he would come looking for me at approximately 11:00 p.m. to tell me this or C. the stench came wafting out from underneath the bedroom door and became far too strong to ignore.

This is what happens when one lives with four, clueless, geeks. Eldest boy cannot "suck it up" when he's sick either. Therefore, at almost 16 years of age, I now have two potential victims of man-cold season.

Faith

Faith!! This is all too funny....but maybe NOT funny, I guess. :lol::glare: Totally know what you are saying. Hope your two men stay healthy!

:lol::lol::lol: HeeHee Little-man cold. :lol: Man, they get younger every year. :lol:

:iagree::iagree:

My DH as well. My favorite is: Ugh, I've had allergy flare ups today. Response: I did too and I still mowed the lawn, painted the house, washed all the cars, while having allergy flare up AND a cold. Oh and I think my pinky toe is broken, on and I have a hangnail.

Me: Wow. you should get a cookie, AND a gold star...

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't know if that's funny or scary!