Menu

What's for dinner? 8/27

I just joined fresh20 and made THE MOST AMAZING dinner last night: grilled lime cumin chicken with nectarine tomato salsa. Tonight is halibut with Herbes de Provnce and arugula nectarine salad. Except i willbe using tilapia. I cant wait!

Oooh that sounds so good! I have lots of nectarines.

Oh meatloaf! I haven't made that in ages. I think that sounds about right time wise today.

Hooray! What do I win? :bigear:

ETA: It's funny you mention the time thing. My recipe is called "Easy Meatlof," yet I tweak it in such a way that it takes me an hour to prepare :lol: That pretty much sums up my whole life right there.

So you use half sausage half ground beef? That is a good idea.

I may need to keep a little reserve JUST in case :lol:

:lol: Actually, my best meatloaf ever was 1/3 ground beef, 1/3 ground turkey, 1/3 ground Italian-style sausage. The fam literally RAVED about it. I misspoke though--when I don't have ground turkey, I use 2 lbs of ground beef and 1 lb of sausage (that leaves enough for a good-sized lunch for DH the next day, and sometimes enough for us). The sausage kicks it up a notch. It's delish.

I changed my mind about the vodka. Send it to Susan instead :lol:

I found some gluten free "Panko" in the store the other day, and to celebrate, I'm making junk food for dinner: chicken strips and motzarella sticks.

Or, if when I go in the kitchen 15 minutes from now, if I feel too guilty about serving junk; I may make stuffed chicken marsala instead. I have the ingredients for both.

Takeout. We have a very busy evening tonight.

We are having chicken fajitas tomorrow though!

Glad I'm not the only one not cooking tonight! Today is our last day to bowl free at the base, so we'll take the kids. Monday night's they also have a hot dog/fry/drink basket for $1 as well. So we will bowl and eat dinner, for less than $15 (because I will get something else :lol:). That's a great deal for a family of 6!

Tomorrow is parmesan-baked tilapia...

Glad I'm not the only one not cooking tonight! Today is our last day to bowl free at the base, so we'll take the kids. Monday night's they also have a hot dog/fry/drink basket for $1 as well. So we will bowl and eat dinner, for less than $15 (because I will get something else :lol:). That's a great deal for a family of 6!

Hooray!

Oh and last night I made Vegetarian Pad Thai. I didn't see a dinner thread yesterday. ;)