Menu

Does your 1-2 year old like Fisher Price Little People toys?

My 13mo has played with them a little. He likes holding the figures in his hands and chewing on them, and he likes pushing the little cars around, and he likes putting the animals in and out of the ark. I think we have every set made between 2002 and 2006, approximately 300 figures, animals, and accessories. They have been a HUGE hit with my other three children as toddlers/preschoolers. I think the 13mo is just a little young for them yet, but if there were sets that we didn't have, they would be a good gift for him at this age. They wash up nicely too, so used would be a good deal. Just make sure they're the modern ones, not the ones from the 70s-80s that are skinnier and therefore more of a choking hazard for little guys.

My whole family still plays with Fisher Price Little People. I had five medium size u-Haul boxes full of them and I gave them to my dd for my dgs. She took one of the extra rooms and made an entire Little People village. We all play with them with my dgs everytime we go there. They played with them at my house until they were about 8 or 9. These are definitely worth saving. The kids will play with them for a long time and they hold up well so they are good to pass down. Plus they hold their value well so that you can sell them later if you choose.

DS (almost 3) has loved his since about 18 mo. or so. We have a ridiculous number of them (mostly purchased used) but he sets them all up and plays pretty elaborate games with them. His 4.5 year old buddy loves them too.

This used town center set or this one is an awesome addition to a Little People collection. I bought two of them at thrift stores and gave one to my friend's son. As the train rolls over the 4 buttons, it makes noises that match the theme of each gate (train station, farm, house, and car). He loves to arrange his garage/construction zone, farm, and castle (instead of house) outside each one. There is a newer version but I don't think it's nearly as cool--no train!

Right now we're all drooling over the bigger-kid Imaginext Eagle Talon Castle, but he's very happy with his Little People Castle too.

Edited by AndyJoy

Indy loved them. He got about 8 different sets for his 2nd Christmas (he was 17 months). We could have built a little people city. He played with them until he was about 4 or 5 when he discovered Thomas the Tank Engine.

His favorite was the car ramp thing. They have a larger version of it available now (though they still make the smaller version) and Indy said Han Solo HAS to get that for Christmas. I'm thinking a certain 10yo is going to "help" him play with it. :D

My kids started playing with them at around age 2, but were still playing with them at 6-7 years as well. :001_smile:

:iagree:My youngest just turned 8 and I'm thinking of getting rid of ours now. They were a HUGE hit here for a long time.

Well gosh, I feel like an outcast. Something must be wrong with my kids, but none of them have played with little people. :001_huh:We had the Noahs ark set for dd1, got rid of the ark and kept the animals. A few other things got picked up along the way, but they don't ever get played with. We have the nativity and they like to set it up at Christmas, but that's it. They don't actually play with it.

My kids don't typically play with any toy though. :glare:They'd much rather use random stuff from around the house. :tongue_smilie:So we are just a bit weird that way. :lol:

All of my kids loved playing with Little People sets. They really are a great toy from about 1 yr on up. My youngest just turned 7 and was ready to get rid of some sets. It was harder on me than her! Anyhow, I put them in our yard sale. The Noah's Ark set went to the sweetest little girl who just loved it so it makes me feel better knowing it is getting played with and not just sitting in my basement.

Well gosh, I feel like an outcast. Something must be wrong with my kids, but none of them have played with little people. :001_huh:We had the Noahs ark set for dd1, got rid of the ark and kept the animals. A few other things got picked up along the way, but they don't ever get played with. We have the nativity and they like to set it up at Christmas, but that's it. They don't actually play with it.

My kids don't typically play with any toy though. :glare:They'd much rather use random stuff from around the house. :tongue_smilie:So we are just a bit weird that way. :lol:

My ds is the same way. Maybe my dd will like all the sets we bought. Right now she enjoys chewing on them!

When it came time to pack up the last of the Little People (I left some out for my youngest until she was 7 because they still got played with), my 11 and 12 year olds had to play with them one last time -- for a week. A lot of the stuff that was out was from when they were 1-2, and they loved it then, too.