Menu

I had to cry this morning...

Today is my birthday. I talked to my mom this morning (I had to call her about something) and she never even mentioned my birthday. It isn't the first birthday she's forgotten (my parents forgot my 16th b-day for crying out loud!), and I'm sure it won't be the last. But, it still hurts every single time.

O.K., I just had to get that out and off my chest. Please pray that I can give this up, move on and enjoy my day!

Today is my birthday. I talked to my mom this morning (I had to call her about something) and she never even mentioned my birthday. It isn't the first birthday she's forgotten (my parents forgot my 16th b-day for crying out loud!), and I'm sure it won't be the last. But, it still hurts every single time.

O.K., I just had to get that out and off my chest. Please pray that I can give this up, move on and enjoy my day!

Happy Birthday!!! I know it isn't the same coming from someone you don't know.. but I hope your day gets better.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

So weird!! I just looked at the bottom of your post and saw you are married to Phil for 15 years. I'm married to "Philip" and we just celebrated our 15th anniversary on May 15.

I also have a 9yr son and a 7yr son so that is funny too.

Too bad you don't live closer, we could get the boys together!

Angela

It may be aging though. My mom was forgetful and rather socially insensitive to others in the year or so before she was diagnoses with small vessel disease (mini-strokes). Not that she was always the kindest, more wonderful person, but she was a lot better before aging caught up with her.

:grouphug: I'm sorry, Kathy. Unfortunately, I know how that feels.

Happy Birthday to You!!

:party: :party: :party:

I'm sorry, Kathy!

FWIW, my mom didn't call on my birthday or on the middle two kids' birthdays (June and July b-days). I thought it was a little weird, but it didn't bother me much. I did think about how she would be very hurt and upset if the situation was reversed. I always make sure to call her on her birthday even though we live close by and usually see her sometime around then to celebrate it.

I'm so sorry you're hurting. My mom didn't forget mine Monday, but she did call and sing, which is painful in a different way.

happy-birthday.jpg

Hope your day gets better! Here's to a WONDERFUL year ahead!

Isn't it a shame that life can't ever be like it is in the picture books? Oh, wait, come to think of it, all the picture book kids are orphaned or have evil stepmothers. Still...it's the principle! I'm so sorry. Here's to you and to a brighter, more joyful, wishes come true rest of your day!

arms.gif

birthday.gif

Thanks for the wishes and sympathy everyone. :) This isn't the first birthday my mom has forgotten and won't be the last I'm sure. She is just a bit too wrapped up in her work.

But, my boys made me a cake, I got together with friends, went out for lunch, splurged on school stuff at Target, had a call from my brother and my dad, and I'm going out with dh and the kids for supper. So, all in all a good day. :)