Menu

Hello to my hive friends! I just thought I would pop in and say hi. I have been having an incredible summer with my family. I marked my first year since finishing treatments on June 17th. Since then we have been having so much fun with a trip out west as a highlight! I am so grateful for every day.

Now with summers end approaching I have to make some decision about homeschooling, returning to work, etc.

My eldest child is in 10th grade at the ps. She did great although dh and i didn't love having her there. We feel so much happier with us all together. My next child is going into 6 th grade. She is absolutely the sweetest child but she shuts down when she is stuck on a concept. She is behind in her education due to my illness and recovery but I think with a really good year of hs ing she would be fine. I need to decide on whether to keep her home or send her. I want what is best for her but it is hard to think of her going to school. I want to be with her as much as possible. Then there is my 6year old son. I don't think it will be hard to school him.

Thanks for listening.

Miss you all!

I'm glad you're having such a wonderful summer! You know we all think you should keep the kids home with you. :grouphug: I think I would definitely keep the middle one home so you can teach directly to her and get her caught up.

I've been thinking of you lately, and wondering how you're doing. I'm so happy you're having such a great summer, enjoying your family and your travels.

Know you've been on my mind lately, and that I"m wishing you continued good health and sunny skies!

Hugs,

astrid

Hi Christine,

I've followed your story, but don't know if I posted or not. Glad things are going well!

My thoughts, I would be tempted to leave the high schooler at school, catch the middle one up at home (unless there are good options at school), and also homeschool the youngest. Unless it will be very stressful. Then I would figure a low stress plan. Emphasis on low stress.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate your comments and well wishes. Lots to decide. My eldest told me today that she is thinking about hs ing this fall.

I could use some help in improving various areas in my life so that I can be better able to hs. I think I will start a new thread.