Menu

The pregnant mother of the Bride in her dress

Thanks to everyone who prayed for our family last week concerning these threads.

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=400077

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=404327

We went to the visitation for my 21yo cousin on Thursday night, but were unable to return for the funeral on Friday because it was 2 hours away from us. Everyone understood, but I was sad not to be there. I was also sad that they could not be here for dd's big day. I know they wanted to be and were looking forward to it so much. In fact, the last words my 21yo cousin said to my dd were, "See you at the wedding."

Dd #2 actually finished our dress hems at 2:00am the morning of the wedding. I'm really sad it had to be that hectic, but it did get finished. :tongue_smilie: The pic is me with dd's #2,#3, and #4.

I was really surprised I was able to hold it together emotionally. I had cried at every little thing for 2 weeks before the wedding. I couldn't even walk in dd's room without tearing up, but the day of the wedding I was just.....happy. :) (I'll admit dh and I had a good cry on Saturday night, but we're still very happy.)

I really missed my cousin (the aunt of the boy who died) at the wedding. I really needed her help and one of the results of her absence is that I did not take very many pictures. I was just too busy. I hope I can gather lots of candid shots from others, but for now, this is the only picture I have of me in my dress. I cropped it to hide all the curling irons, ironing board, make-up and general chaos of the room where everyone got ready. BTW- dd#2 made all the dresses in this picture plus one more.

The weekend was truly blessed. The wedding went just like we had hoped - simple but lovely. Thanks for your prayers.:)

post-3256-13535087079783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leanna
clarification

I am sorry for your loss.

Congratulations on the wedding.

We did not get very many pictures for our wedding. But, we have been through a lot and we love each other so much more now. We plan on getting some fun pics for our 20th anniversary with me wearing my wedding dress.

That dress was perfect! :)

I missed the story about your cousin and her son. I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Looks like the wedding was lovely! I also looks like dd#2 might have a potential cottage business! She did a great job! :)

:grouphug: Wow. Having been the Mother of the Bride, I can imagine the tears and how being pregnant would add to that. Then add in a funeral. Oh my goodness.

You look stunning, as do you your daughters. Your DD who did the sewing did a fabulous job. (I am a seamstress and have sewn for many weddings..It's stressfull in it's own right.)

You and your daughters look beautiful. Your dd is quite talented! I'm so sorry for the loss your family suffered. I'm glad that your family was still able to enjoy the celebration of your daughter's marriage. I'd love to see some pics of the bride! Congratulations, again!

You look beautiful! And I had to smile when I saw the colors! My bridesmaids wore the same shade of purple. My maid of honor made her own dress which looked a lot like the oldest in your photo, and mil made sil's dress. And my mother wore teal! (psssst....I like your dress better than I did hers!)

So sorry about your cousin! :grouphug: