Menu

When is your official first day of school this year?

So we started a little a couple weeks ago.

We'll ramp up next week.

We do have an event that will slow us down later in the month.

And then go for 100% August 6th.

My goal is to be far enough along that we can be very light during the nicest parts of fall. Then we'll hit it hard in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb so we can be winding down in April when it is beautiful out :)

We are still doing school but will be finished with this year officially on the 26th. We will take 2 wks off so I can get any final things put together and have our first day of school on Aug. 13. I normally take the month of July and first week of Aug. off but this year it just couldn't happen.

Our umbrella requires 180 days- 2 semesters of 90 days. So, I start with when we want to begin winter break and then I count back 90 days. With everything we have going on this fall and wanting to take off the entire week of Thanksgiving and a vacation in Sept, we need to start July 9th. :001_huh: Then, I realized that next week some days were not going to be available for school. So, we have done a couple of days this week.

We will be ramping up, so we have not started everything.

Mandy

Well we're still finishing up last year :D but in theory we plan to start August 27th. I would have started the 20th but that's the day after Eid and I have plans to take dd to some of the festivities that week. Plus I need a week to regroup after Ramadan.

Whenever the local public schools start, whenever that is...August 14? 15? Something like that.

However, our very first day back to school will probably be a field trip, LOL. Last year we went hiking for the day and weather permitting, we'll probably do the same again. Or, maybe go swimming and call it PE. ;)

Shooting for full school to start July 30. We are doing math and phonics now but adding everything else in by that day. Baby due in December so I have some goals to make with some of our curriculum so that I can take all of December and half of January off.

Best guess right now is July 30 ... could be the 23rd though. We don't need to keep records and won't really be starting much new though so it doesn't matter much. They all got to go up to the next grade when the ps let out for the summer even though we didn't stop for a few more weeks.

We school year round and we plan to start on July 9th. We will be doing half days for the next month or so so that the kids have plenty of time to play with their hs friends. I'm really excited and scared for this year. My oldest will be starting his first year of high school.

If we weren't schooling all summer due to SLI Challenge, then we would have an official start date of Mon. July 30th after normally having the month of July off...but, given the kind of hours that must be devoted to the engineering project this season PLUS the competitive rocketry season beginning just after Labor Day, we needed to get a jump start and are plugging away.

We do not have to keep attendance records, but I keep them anyway and we tend to average 220 days per year not including field trip days that would be counted for attendance at PS, but that I don't count.

Faith