Menu

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fed up with all of this. I say, when you see her this morning, just punch her in the face.

:lol:

ETA: WHO put the Gotye song lyric tag? Freakin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!

You are the telephone pole!?

Be the snow storm. As she approaches way your arms around and make swooshing noises. Wear white. Then point to the nearest tall object.

That should do it.

:

:lol: I should not read this at the table while the dc are doing their work - 9yo is mad at me now for laughing & distracting her.....

I'm fed up with all of this. I say, when you see her this morning, just punch her in the face.

Hmmm....now you are starting to sound...a little hormonal perhaps? :)

This post needs a DO NOT DRINK WHILE READING warning!!!!! :lol:

Ok, I think all is good now.

When I saw her I walked in the middle of my 'lane' and started swinging my arms really wide (kind of like some 'power walkers' I see, but more side to side) and put a grim expression on my face and looked straight ahead. Um, I'm sure I looked a little bit odd but compared to some of your (wonderful) ideas not too bad.

She gave me my space. No swerving at me! Whoohoo!

When I saw her I walked in the middle of my 'lane' and started swinging my arms really wide (kind of like some 'power walkers' I see, but more side to side) and put a grim expression on my face and looked straight ahead. Um, I'm sure I looked a little bit odd but compared to some of your (wonderful) ideas not too bad.

:party::cheers2::smilielol5::001_tt1:

Hurray! :hurray:

Finally. My family will now resume a normal home education schedule now that I can quit repeatedly hitting F5 on this thread ALL DAY LONG.

:)

VICTORY!!! I really wish you would have recorded that though.

On a related note - could everybody stop being funny and entertaining today? Please. I've got a big work project that I should be working on and no self control to stay off here when there are interesting things going on. And if there are any trolls lurking - please stay under your bridges until tomorrow morning. I would hate to miss out on something really interesting so if your 13 year old quadruplets need help deciding if they want to attend Harvard or Yale on full scholarship then please wait until tomorrow to post. :001_smile:

:party::party::party::party::party:

Haha- these smiley guys are waving their arms and "power celebrating" like we would do if we were there.

Great! Between this and seeing The Avengers this weekend, I feel like the world is safe for democracy again. :D

VICTORY!!! I really wish you would have recorded that though.

On a related note - could everybody stop being funny and entertaining today? Please. I've got a big work project that I should be working on and no self control to stay off here when there are interesting things going on. And if there are any trolls lurking - please stay under your bridges until tomorrow morning. I would hate to miss out on something really interesting so if your 13 year old quadruplets need help deciding if they want to attend Harvard or Yale on full scholarship then please wait until tomorrow to post. :001_smile:

:iagree: :lol:

Still haven't started school this morning...too busy catching up on all the crazy people threads!

I decline to share how often I'm tempted to post this very request!

So now StrollerMom is currently sitting in front of her computer, typing out a post on her favorite forum. Post title: "Crazy arm-swinging mom at school dropoff - what should I do?"

I am so tempted to start a thread titled that and see what kind of nonsense happens. :lol:

My favorite tag is: be the snowstorm

Now off to work and listen to some Goyte on youtube. "You didn't have to cut me off ..." La la la.

I AM SO RELIEVED! :hurray: :lol:

Way to go!!!!!!! Bonus points for getting it done without needing to resort to violence!!!! :lol:

:hurray::party::hurray:

:lol::lol:

That made me think of this Simpson's episode -

Lisa: Bart, just get out of here.

Bart Simpson: Hey, you get out out. It's a free country.

Lisa: That doesn't make any sense.

Bart Simpson: I know you are, but what am I?

Lisa: Get out, get out!

Bart Simpson: All right. But on my way, I'm going to be doing this...

[windmills his arms]

Bart Simpson: If you get hit, it's your own fault.

Lisa: Okay, then I'm going to start kicking air, like this...

[kicks up her foot]

Lisa: And if any part of you should fill that air...

[kicks up her other foot]

Lisa: It's *your* own fault.

[They shut their eyes and move toward each other, grunting as they flail or kick. Cut to downstairs in the kitchen, where Marge and Homer are. Their grunts soon turn to yells of pain, and sounds of fighting]

Don't be suprised if she kicks you tomorrow. :D

I.am.so.disappointed!!!!!

I really really wanted to see you use one of these hilarious suggestions!!

So now I am only posting here to try to make this go to 40 pages.....forty pages of crazy stroller lady....:tongue_smilie:

Three cheers for no more stroller derby.

~coffee~

!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!!!!! Bonus points for getting it done without needing to resort to violence!!!! :lol:

:hurray::party::hurray:

Perhaps Teachin'Mine, but I have to say...a big part of me really liked NanceXtoo's scenario. :tongue_smilie:

So now StrollerMom is currently sitting in front of her computer, typing out a post on her favorite forum. Post title: "Crazy arm-swinging mom at school dropoff - what should I do?"

[windmills his arms]

[kicks up her foot]

[They shut their eyes and move toward each other, grunting as they flail or kick. Cut to downstairs in the kitchen, where Marge and Homer are. Their grunts soon turn to yells of pain, and sounds of fighting]

We refer to that episode all of the time! hahahahaha

[windmills his arms]

[kicks up her foot]

ACK! That means we have to tune in tomorrow to see if there's retaliation.

Doesn't it take 21 days to form a new habit? You have to do this (or any other suggestion in this thread) for at least that long so she'll get into the new habit of avoiding you. Yeah, you should probably do different things so you don't form the habit of looking like a whackadoo yourself.

[windmills his arms]

[kicks up her foot]

Oh My Goodnesss!!!!!! How on earth did you keep a straight face (and dry pants?!?) I woiuld have been laughing so hard...I would not have had either.

Faithe

It was only because I had no plan and it was my last minute effort...if I had been thinking of all these crazy plans I would have lost it.

Maybe if I wear exercise clothes tomorrow it will make my arm movements seem more natural...I can be the crazy exercise lady.

It was only because I had no plan and it was my last minute effort...if I had been thinking of all these crazy plans I would have lost it.

Maybe if I wear exercise clothes tomorrow it will make my arm movements seem more natural...I can be the crazy exercise lady.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are taking the hive suggestions seriously enough. Did anyone recommend exercise clothing? NO! You have been specifically instructed to wear; a Mr. Bean Mask, football pads, and a Kilt, to be accompanied by your disguised dog and carry an airhorn, orange traffic cones, and a large bag stuffed with cement blocks. It's time to get real about solving the CSL problem - we are waiting ;) :D.

Edited by bookfiend
forgot crucial items necessary to stave off CSL

Maybe if I wear exercise clothes tomorrow it will make my arm movements seem more natural...I can be the crazy exercise lady.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are taking the hive suggestions seriously enough. Did anyone recommend exercise clothing? NO! You have been specifically instructed to wear; a Mr. Bean Mask and Kilt while carrying an airhorn and orange cone. We are waiting ;) :D.

Bit I thought wearing yoga pants while out would be very provoking on WTM.

I think my dog would look very cute in a kilt.

So, um, my question is -- how many arms & legs do you have? I mean, I'm impressed that you could do all that & push a stroller too! (I think I would have knocked myself down had I tried that.) :lol: No wonder she gave you your space. ;):D

It can't be that simple. Unless, of course, she actually does read these boards and is finally intimidated by all of us. Maybe she was just having an off day.....Not that I want that to be the case. I'm just sayin', you got to be prepared.

If nothing else, you can always quote Bart Simpson. When she starts veering toward you, you say, "I know you are, but what am I?" Soon she will be convinced you're really nuts and all her forum buddies will warn her to stay away from you.

Edited by woolybear
trying to be clearer

So, um, my question is -- how many arms & legs do you have? I mean, I'm impressed that you could do all that & push a stroller too! (I think I would have knocked myself down had I tried that.) :lol: No wonder she gave you your space. ;):D

No, no, I don't have a stroller-she does.