Menu

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bizarre that she's deliberately pushing you over. Does she know you? Maybe her kid is having trouble with your kid and she's being passive/aggressive over it?

Depending on my mood, I might not move when she swerved over. I would just stand there, look her right in the eye and say "Excuse Me". If she continued and actually hit me, I'd ask her what her problem is.

Every morning I walk ds to school, and as I am leaving I pass another mother w/her child and a stroller walking in to the school. Every single morning she veers her stroller over towards me, pushing me over to the edge of the sidewalk. Today I was already walking on the right-hand edge of the sidewalk, and she almost made me step into the road! I have no idea why she does this. There is plenty of space to walk. The sidewalk is very wide and the school has even put a big yellow line down the center dividing it. Any ideas why she would do this? And what should I do--today was the last straw and now I need to do something different. This seems like a silly petty issue but I know I'm going to dread seeing her every day.

Weird! When you see her coming and veering toward you, stop right where you are, fold your arms across your chest, arch a brow, and just look right at her. Don't move. Make her move to go around you or have to literally run into you. She'll get the point lol.

Weird! When you see her coming and veering toward you, stop right where you are, fold your arms across your chest, arch a brow, and just look right at her. Don't move. Make her move to go around you or have to literally run into you. She'll get the point lol.

:iagree:

I'm a dodger myself, but my husband would just not move and have the collision. I think I'd have to try his way if this happened every day. You can't let bullies win. If she's shocked that she bumps you, ask why she can't manage to drive on her side of the sidewalk. Of course, you've gotta be willing to take a stroller hit for this to work.

I'm a dodger myself, but my husband would just not move and have the collision. I think I'd have to try his way if this happened every day. You can't let bullies win. If she's shocked that she bumps you, ask why she can't manage to drive on her side of the sidewalk. Of course, you've gotta be willing to take a stroller hit for this to work.

And if that happens, glare at her and go "What is your problem? Are you drunk? Watch where you're going with that thing!"

:P

Then the next day point your cell phone at her when she starts coming like you're taking pictures or video taping. That'll freak her out!

I'm not surprised. People are crazy!

Several years ago I was at our local zoo with my son. We were walking on the walkway towards an exhibit.

A father with his child in the stroller, rams me from behind with his stroller. When I turned around to confront him, he told me he did it because I had cut in front of him. What????:

This makes perfect sense. You think I cut in front of you so I will use my child as a battering ram. :confused:

I would say something to her.

Well, you could take the hit and then say, "Wow! Are you okay?? You usually get really close to hitting me, but you never actually do it. Are you feeling alright? Maybe I should call and get you some medical attention...it's just amazing how you swerved right into me. I've heard that sometimes that's a sign of a neurological issue! Are you sure you're ok?".

OR...

You could do something on your phone as you're getting close to her, and then at the last minute swerve in her direction. Do it every day for a little while, and then give it a rest and see if she continues.

OR...

You could just start walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk each day and hold your ground. I'd be willing to take the hit just to see her reaction.

OR...

You could stop one day and say, "Wow, you should really be careful with that little one! They should probably make this a double-yellow line, since I think we're each supposed to stay in our own lane."

OR...

You could do nothing for now, but have someone walk behind you and unobtrusively video the situation, 'cause I'm with the others, I want to see this whacko in action. :D

I would likely ask about it in the office. I would do this because it is happening on school property (I assume it counts as school property since you said the school put the yellow line), but I would go in with the thought that her kid has an issue with your kid. GO in and tell the staff in the office what is going on every single morning with this mom, and the danger from today and just say it seems so bizarre you were worried that maybe it had to do with the kids and you want to double check everything is okay. If it is about the kids that issue can be addressed. IF not the principal will speak to the mother about it. I know when my kids were in ps there was 1 mother not allowed anywhere near the school because she was making pick up/drop off time difficult for other parents. (in her instance it was the swearing and spitting on the ground outside teh school where everyone was waiting incl, the younger siblings) THe principal had spoken to her and when her behaviour had not changed she was banned from school grounds.

I think you should find the biggest shoulder satchel you can get your hands on. Fill it with lots of hardcover books. Then, when she veers toward you, spin the satchel toward her as she passes and WAP!

If she freaks out, you can say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so close to me."

Continue until she gets the point.

Does she do this to everyone or just to you? I'd plan a little extra time some morning to follow her and see, because that would affect what I'd do about it.

If it's just you, I would choose from the excellent suggestions you've gotten on this thread to stand up for yourself. If it's everyone (if she's a road hog), I'd seriously tell the school because they need to know about this hazard.

That's bizarre that she's deliberately pushing you over. Does she know you? Maybe her kid is having trouble with your kid and she's being passive/aggressive over it?

Depending on my mood, I might not move when she swerved over. I would just stand there, look her right in the eye and say "Excuse Me". If she continued and actually hit me, I'd ask her what her problem is.

or maybe you look like someone she hates. If she actually hit me, I'd file a complaint with the police.

try saying "hello, isn't it a nice day?" with a smile before she starts activing aggresive.

I think you should find the biggest shoulder satchel you can get your hands on. Fill it with lots of hardcover books. Then, when she veers toward you, spin the satchel toward her as she passes and WAP!

If she freaks out, you can say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were so close to me."

Continue until she gets the point.

:lol:

I love this thread!

I knew when I read the OP that you ladies would have great suggestions.:D

This is such a funny thread. You aren't in Canada are you? I was thinking it might be the same lady that's been trying to give Audrey cooking lessons. :lol:

Seriously though you need to have someone film this. It'll be a youtube hit.

I have a friend who, while driving, unconsciously turns toward whatever side she is looking toward. Also, my sister used to run me off the sidewalk while we were walking and talking together. Seems she just needed to feel closer to me and I needed more space.

Maybe this woman is like that. Try pretending to notice something on the other side of her, so she looks that way, and see if the stroller veers in that direction too.

I agree with just standing still, like a tree, rather than moving out of her way. Surely she would not ram right into a tree in her path. And if she does hit you, then at least you'll know it's personal.

Weird! I would talk to her. I'd stand in front of her so she couldn't go by, and just say "Can I talk to you a minute? I notice you seem to veer right toward me every morning and ..." But maybe she's really a nutso and nothing you say will change a thing!

and if she does hit you while you are standing still I would ask her why she has chosen to assault you. The wording should be strong enough to make your point.

Since there is that handy dandy yellow line, I'd be walking right along my side of it and not budge. If she hit you, I'd sweetly point out the yellow line while limping dramatically.

This thread is hilarious! Keep up the good work ladies. :-D

and if she does hit you while you are standing still I would ask her why she has chosen to assault you. The wording should be strong enough to make your point.

Since there is that handy dandy yellow line, I'd be walking right along my side of it and not budge. If she hit you, I'd sweetly point out the yellow line while limping dramatically.

This thread is hilarious! Keep up the good work ladies. :-D

:iagree: I would not budge and if she hit me I'd be incredibly dramatic about the assault and also the fact that she's been trying to do it for some time.

Very strange.

I had a similar experience in college. I was on the cycling team and spent countless hours riding the roads and bike paths of my college town. The bike path shared the pathway with walkers and joggers. As a curtsy, and fear of spooking a person into my path, I always let people know I was coming up behind them, but this did not help me with an oncoming jogger I encountered daily. Every day I came upon this man jogging and made a wide arc around him, and everyday he'd look at me with a strange expression. Something was wrong. This went on for several months until he pushed me off the bike path, knocking me off my bike. He never stopped his jogging to see if I was OK. The impact of his jogging into me bent the front fork of my bike. I lay on the side of the bike path stunned and bleeding.

Be aware, you may be dealing with a nutjob who may go off on you or worse.

No! I've been doing that, and today I walked on the very edge, as far away from her as possible, and she still crossed over the line and actually brushed against me because I decided not to step off the curb into the road.

No, I meant the far side of HER lane. She doesn't seem to be using it!