Menu

Between anticipating how this plays out and then Audrey's dinner invitation for the 6th I am getting nothing done around here because I keep checking back in for updates. This woman better do something soon so I can get my house work done before Audrey goes for dinner and I have to stalk the hive again.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between anticipating how this plays out and then Audrey's dinner invitation for the 6th I am getting nothing done around here because I keep checking back in for updates. This woman better do something soon so I can get my house work done before Audrey goes for dinner and I have to stalk the hive again.

Right there withya!!!!

:lurk5:

Well, apparently my life goes in real life speed and not reality tv show speed. I did see her this morning but she came early and so I did not have to pass her. I did not feel like waiting around the school to see if she would ram me in the calves. :D But, it is definitely the mom of the girl in my son's class.

Maybe she has reformed her sidewalk social skills and would rather get up early than assault you every day.

I was really looking forward to a more dramatic update! LOL

I told my 11-year-old the story. He casts his vote for Stroller Chicken. I want to vote for honking a bike horn.

Who was it that had the daughter with the stop sign? (Pretend i found that picture and posted it here.) Would she lend it for a good cause?

Anybody else glad they're not crazy? If you ever have the urge to run someone off the sidewalk with your stroller, throw away someone's home-raised grass fed beef (and throw away their napkins), try to force a lady to babysit, try to get professional photographs gifted after the fact or anything else crazy and unexplainable just remember you will be talked about on the internet and hundreds, maybe thousands, will be waiting to see what you do next.

ETA - I hope she is there tomorrow because I want an update!:lol:

Note To self: PM ^^THIS^^ woman if I miss something. She has a talent for distilling all of the posts down to the highlights. :D

But, it is definitely the mom of the girl in my son's class.
My daughter has a friend who is being bullied. The girls in her class do the mean girl thing: laughing at her, refusing to interact with her or play with her (like dropping the ball and walking away is she asks to join in), it is breaking this little girl's heart and her mom says that her grades are being affected. The teachers and administrators will do nothing. Her mom is pulling her out of the private school she attends over this.

Then we start to notice that she takes my sons toys and threatens to break them. She keeps the ball away from him and bounces it off of his head. She uses threatening words (and subs for cuss words) and gestures (like breaking your neck) and points at my children. At children's church she pulls the other kids hair. Anytime any activity is in swing, she will tackle other children football style, causing them injury and then yelling "Sorry" in a rude way like it was the other child's fault. Sprays my kids with the hose when it is not warm outside, borrows things and never returns them, getting angry when she is asked for them back, and says that we supposedly have things of hers that she lost, etc... etc...

No wonder these other girls don't want to play with her... but she has no clue. She thinks that they are the bullies. Her mother also.

Just wondering if this situation could be similar.

Proper sidewalk ettiquette is to use it as if driving thus you are supposed to take the right side of the sidewalk and her take HER right. Are you veering to the left hand when you "choose a side" as you and she meet/pass? If so and if she's some type A / OCD-about-irrelevant-minutieu type, then maybe she's passively saying that she's going to stay correct (on HER right) to teach you to veer right and do it "correctly."

How stttttrange.

Wouldn't THIS be an awesome solution? Hire some group to walk immediately behind you and do this

as soon as you all prepare for her passing. You all step off to the side and they play this when she's like 30 feet away and approaching!!! (...a cheaper route is to just "tape" this off the youtube and play it).

GUFFAW!

(and be sure to throw down a red velvet carpet too)

Edited by mhg

I'd print this whole thing off and hand it to her as she passed by...hahahaha :lol:

Yes! Print it out, but only hand it to her after the trumpets are done:

Wouldn't THIS be an awesome solution? Hire some group to walk immediately behind you and do this
as soon as you all prepare for her passing. You all step off to the side and they play this when she's like 30 feet away and approaching!!!

GUFFAW!

:smilielol5:

I always walk on the right. When this first started I wondered if she was having a strong urge to pass me on the left...do other countries walk on the left side?

yup, if you were here you'd keep left - on the footpath and in the car.

as soon as you all prepare for her passing. You all step off to the side and they play this when she's like 30 feet away and approaching!!! (...a cheaper route is to just "tape" this off the youtube and play it).

GUFFAW!

:lol:

I always walk on the right. When this first started I wondered if she was having a strong urge to pass me on the left...do other countries walk on the left side? But anyways, I haven't seen her doing this to anyone walking in front of me. And she has never once said oops or sorry I almost hit you or excuse me or anything.

Yes, other countries do walk on the left.

I always walk on the right. When this first started I wondered if she was having a strong urge to pass me on the left...do other countries walk on the left side? But anyways, I haven't seen her doing this to anyone walking in front of me. And she has never once said oops or sorry I almost hit you or excuse me or anything.

Yes, other countries do walk, and drive, on the left. I almost bump into everyone when we go to Ireland in the summer.

The anticipation of stroller wars and Nancy peeing on a stick is killing me this morning!! I need a hobby:tongue_smilie:

Oh my God!! Me too! Pee Nancy, pee!!!

:lurk5::lurk5:

:bigear::bigear:

haha! I didn't expect to see ME in this thread. I want a stroller wars update, too!

And I did update my thread! Pg 10 I think! :P

You shoudl stop her and invite her for coffee...that should knock the scowl off her face. :)

I was in such a rush this morning I forgot about all your great ideas!

Update:

As she was walking towards me I walked in the middle of the right hand 'lane', and smiled at her as she approached. She scowled at my chest area and crossed over the line to breeze by about an inch away from me. So, at least she didn't hit me!

Is it possible this lady is just plain rude but is having the urge to pass on the left? I don't think she's from originally from the US but not totally sure. Rude because she's not doing it to anyone else (that I see) and not acknowledging what she's doing.

Update:

As she was walking towards me I walked in the middle of the right hand 'lane', and smiled at her as she approached. She scowled at my chest area and crossed over the line to breeze by about an inch away from me. So, at least she didn't hit me!

Is it possible this lady is just plain rude but is having the urge to pass on the left? I don't think she's from originally from the US but not totally sure. Rude because she's not doing it to anyone else (that I see) and not acknowledging what she's doing.

Finally! What would she be passing on the left? Was someone in front of her? No, I think she's just Crazy with a capital C.

Update:

Wow, what a thread! Can you just stop and ask her why she veers toward you like that? Maybe it won't help and maybe she'll deny what she's doing, but you could at least give her a chance to explain and see what she says.

Update:

I made it to about page 15, then skipped to the last 2 pages. I love the ideas you've been given. :lol:

I think you should keep smiling at her every. single. time. She'll get the message that you know exactly what she's doing and you aren't going to play anymore.

Ha ve you tried a perky "good morning" as she passes you? Is she foreign? I ask that because often women not from the US aren't very smiley and friendly to people outside. They take on a more serious face which can translate to rude or cold in American. :)

Can you stop before she is alongside you tomorrow and say something chatty about the weather to see her reaction? It would be fun to probe a little into her psyche and her response should offer a little insight. Soap opera WTM style.

Ha ve you tried a perky "good morning" as she passes you? Is she foreign? I ask that because often women not from the US aren't very smiley and friendly to people outside. They take on a more serious face which can translate to rude or cold in American. :)

I think she may be from another country originally. But I'm not sure. That's partly why I tried for a few months to giver her the benefit of the doubt. But I just got tired of it when she squeezed me off the sidewalk the other day and didn't even acknowledge it.

In countries where you stay to the left, you walk on the left and pass on left. You don't cross from one side to the other. It feels exactly the same, but mirrored. That would not explain what she is doing. If she were on the left and having to jump over to the right, or taking the wrong staircase or the wrong door, that would make more sense.

I'm jumping in here really late (it took me over an hour to read all 25 pages!). OK.....so, first of all.....golly, who knew Julie Smith was so darn mean and rude?!? :glare: Sheesh! And, you know......I bet Smith really isn't even her real last name. :001_rolleyes:

OP Jen, you left out some very important details. Like that fact that the child in the stroller is 6 years old.

See, this is where my DH comes in handy. There is nothing that annoys him more than oblivious or selfish people. I've seen him put his hand up and say "Stop." People are generally so unused to anyone pushing back that they either look stunned and move, or mutter an apology and move.

Be The Alpha!

Yeah Jen. You need some of that Adonis DNA and some of that tiger blood that I've heard about. Stand up for yourself woman....quit steppin' into the road!

Update:

Yeah......she's from CANADA!

Who was it that had the daughter with the stop sign? (Pretend i found that picture and posted it here.) Would she lend it for a good cause?

Ooooo Oooooo that might be me! :seeya: And, yes, my daughter would gladly let Jen borrow her Stop sign, safety vest, and helmet. We even have some knee and elbow pads we could throw in for the cause. She does have a pretty sweet bike horn too if you also need that. But, remember.....you must, in no uncertain terms, have a serious look on your face......like you mean business. Do you think you can handle that Jen??

If this is the mom of the girl who has been mean to your child, she might have heard the opposite from her child (i.e., that your child was mean to hers). Maybe the stroller war is her way to passive-aggressively 'get even' w/ you for your child being mean to hers (not saying that's what really happened, but may be what she thinks happened). Kwim?

Since it keeps happening (& she isn't apparently doing it to anyone else), I think I'd say, "Excuse me, do you have a problem w/ me? You're acting rude to me every morning & I'm wondering what's going on." At that point, she'll probably deny anything (& then you can just cheerfully greet her each morning after that) or say something about what's bugging her (& then, hopefully, any misunderstandings can be cleared up).

If this is the mom of the girl who has been mean to your child, she might have heard the opposite from her child (i.e., that your child was mean to hers). Maybe the stroller war is her way to passive-aggressively 'get even' w/ you for your child being mean to hers (not saying that's what really happened, but may be what she thinks happened). Kwim?

Since it keeps happening (& she isn't apparently doing it to anyone else), I think I'd say, "Excuse me, do you have a problem w/ me? You're acting rude to me every morning & I'm wondering what's going on." At that point, she'll probably deny anything (& then you can just cheerfully greet her each morning after that) or say something about what's bugging her (& then, hopefully, any misunderstandings can be cleared up).

:iagree:

Nancy' date=' if you're reading this thread - stop and go pee!!! :D

Jen it doesn't matter what, if anything, your son did - no adult has the right to do that.[/quote']

Well, I (obviously not the right thing to do) put a Winnie the Pooh napkin in ds's lunchbox earlier this year and she teased him and got some other girls to tease him about it. He just told her to 'go back to her own lunch and leave my lunch alone'. After that he just made sure not to sit near her at lunch.

The other stuff is that every time he is absent/late she continually questions him about where he was. He just tells her to mind her own business, but she still keeps at him. I don't know why, but he doesn't like to tell kids that he was at the doctor or whatever. I asked the teacher about it, and she said the girl does this to everyone and she is working on this with her.

These are just little first graders and doesn't seem like a big deal for the mom to be irritated...who knows. Talking to my ds, he doesn't have ill feelings towards her, but just doesn't want anything to do with her.