Menu

Since this girl seems to be doing irritating things to everyone in the class, you will have to have some of the other mom's in the class walk to school too. Hide behind a bush and observe if crazy stroller lady runs mom's off the walking area if they are in her daughters class. :D Of course, if she doesn't, than you have new information: She is only out to get you. If that is the case, you can reread all the helpful suggestions, commit them to memory and try a different one every day until the situation resolves itself. You don't have to have use the conversation idea first...;)

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird! When you see her coming and veering toward you, stop right where you are, fold your arms across your chest, arch a brow, and just look right at her. Don't move. Make her move to go around you or have to literally run into you. She'll get the point lol.

yes! once or twice or even 3 times...okay. but every day? why? that's weird! i'd stand my ground after a while!

I think I would start hopping back and forth across the yellow line, from one lane to the other, as she approached. Then I'd try to get the craziest look in my eyes that I could muster and say, "Which is it?! Which lane am I going to be in?! You don't know do you?! Should you swerve left or right?!" Then I'd laugh maniacally and shout, "LET'S DANCE!"

Okay. Not really. But I enjoyed the mental picture. :D

See I must be rude, because I would have already looked at her and said, "Do you have a problem?" :)

:iagree:

I think I would start hopping back and forth across the yellow line, from one lane to the other, as she approached. Then I'd try to get the craziest look in my eyes that I could muster and say, "Which is it?! Which lane am I going to be in?! You don't know do you?! Should you swerve left or right?!" Then I'd laugh maniacally and shout, "LET'S DANCE!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Why am I picturing Crazy Stroller Woman with the same face as Crazy Dinner Guest?

I'm looking forward to the next installment in both continuing sagas! :)

IKR?!! And they both sort of look (in my mind's eye) like Emma Thompson in the Harry Potter films.

This type of situation is usually where my "good manners" totally leave me. Like the OP- I would let it ride for a minute to make sure she was targeting just me. After that... Well, I truly enjoy embarrassing the living snot out of a$$hats. It's something I wish I didn't get so many giggles out of... For this particular a$$hat I think I would have to say something (quite loudly) along the lines of "seriously!?! I am a married woman! Please stop trying to hit on me every morning!" barring that- I would totally go with "chicken-stroller", but make it obvious it's just for her... Put like a build-a-bear sized Elmo or cookie monster in the seat!

:lol:

Aw, shoot. I started at the beginning of this thread then jumped to around page 20 to see what happened. Now I realize I'm going to have to go back and read the whole thing because apparently I missed a bunch of funny stuff. Staying tuned for installments and reading the whole thread.......

Does she pass others safely, or does she veer towards them too? If it's only you, I would definitely be preoccupied with something when she comes and let her hit you. Then fall down and grab your shin. This would, of course, be better with a decent-sized audience. Maybe the embarrassment would stop the behavior.

I'm a dodger myself, but my husband would just not move and have the collision. I think I'd have to try his way if this happened every day. You can't let bullies win. If she's shocked that she bumps you, ask why she can't manage to drive on her side of the sidewalk. Of course, you've gotta be willing to take a stroller hit for this to work.

I don't give either. If I was feeling really dramatic I'd fall over if she hit me. If I was feeling witchy I'd just hold my ground fast in my old steel toes. I would give her the hostile stare with my arms folded possibly. Or I would just say,"Why do you try to run me off the sidewalk every day?"

OK, I've got it! Let your children decorate a poster board with glitter glue. Use the kind that doesn't wash out and let them use ALL the glitter glue they want. It'll take three days to dry. DON'T let it dry! Carry it on your left side and see if she wants to run into THAT thing. it's really self-correcting this way.

That, or walk straight towards her on HER side and see what happens. We need a finale already!!!

OK, I've got it! Let your children decorate a poster board with glitter glue. Use the kind that doesn't wash out and let them use ALL the glitter glue they want. It'll take three days to dry. DON'T let it dry! Carry it on your left side and see if she wants to run into THAT thing. it's really self-correcting this way.

That, or walk straight towards her on HER side and see what happens. We need a finale already!!!

You guys are nuts! Crazy! :lol::lol:

Wouldn't THIS be an awesome solution? Hire some group to walk immediately behind you and do this
as soon as you all prepare for her passing. You all step off to the side and they play this when she's like 30 feet away and approaching!!! (...a cheaper route is to just "tape" this off the youtube and play it).

GUFFAW!

(and be sure to throw down a red velvet carpet too)

Woolybear!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

She swooshed by me again, within an inch. But I'm pretty sure she is not going to hit me. (sorry ladies) just come really really close. Today she gave a teacher in front of me a big smile and then the scowl for me.

I think I will carry a big bag on my left side or something next week because I just need some more space.

She swooshed by me again, within an inch. But I'm pretty sure she is not going to hit me. (sorry ladies) just come really really close. Today she gave a teacher in front of me a big smile and then the scowl for me.

I think I will carry a big bag on my left side or something next week because I just need some more space.

I really think you need to do something. At least stop, cross your arms, and scowl at her.

We need this resolved before the end of the school year.

Just weird. Can't you ask her what the problem is? I would, if it happened time after time. Call her on it and see what she says.

:iagree: Switch to her side of the lane when you see her coming and just keep walking, she veers that way anyway so it shouldn't be a problem, open lane awaits.

Or just start weaving erratically all over the sidewalk when you see her coming. Side to side, forward and backward. Tell her you are helping her hone her skills.

I really think you need to do something. At least stop, cross your arms, and scowl at her.

We need this resolved before the end of the school year.

Yeah, we definitely need closure! :lol:

Wait, I thought you were going to do something different? I'd go with the joust move. ;)

Or, you could dress like this & take this stance:

john_kerr.jpg

Then, as she nears, do this:

pierce.jpg

(Just think, tomorrow, you'll be thinking of all these helpful suggestions.)

:lol::smilielol5::lol:

I would like to request that you please do a combination of my personal favorites of the suggested responses.

The following, in this order, as rapidly as possible, please:

1) As she approaches, kneel down to tie your shoe, first placing your handbag (loaded with a cement block) strategically placed before you on the sidewalk for defense. You can sort of half-smile in a friendly way in acknowledgement of her presence.

2) As she bumps your handbag, begin snarling, snapping, and barking like a dog while lunging toward her knees. Try to froth at the mouth if you can.

3) Stand up abruptly, smile composedly, and hand her a large, warpped homemade cookie.

4) Then stare at her as if seeing her for the first time and ask loudly, "Are you drunk, ma'am?" Add a brisk, "tsk, tsk" and walk away rapidly.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Ok, whoever talked about jumping back and forth looking all crazy and yelling You don't know what lane I'm going to be in, do you? That was freakin hilarious!!!

Printing this thread out and handing it to her is a good idea, too. At the bottom you can handwrite "now are you going to cut the cr@p? Circle one: Yes or No" haha.

If you just go with carrying a big bag on your left side, make sure it has long needles or spikes sticking out of the far side!

Ooh.. You could also get Halloween or theater make up and make yourself look as sick as possible and start coughing in her direction. Veer toward her and cough loudly and enthusiastically without covering your mouth and moan "I don't feel good."

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::lol::lol:

Edited by LemonPie

omg, I can't believe this thread is still going. The picture of the woman smoking and pushing the stroller filled with dolls has me laughing so hard I'm crying.

I would be willing to rearrange my walking route for him! (her?) I don't like cigarette smoke.

What I would like to know, Jen, after all this is how you manage to not die laughing when you see her coming?

I know, it's sooooo hard! But you all have helped me, because I'm feeling more amused at her than annoyed.

:lol: this thread reads just like a Seinfeld episode!

LOL true! :lol::lol:

Ok, whoever talked about jumping back and forth looking all crazy and yelling You don't know what lane I'm going to be in, do you? That was freakin hilarious!!!
:iagree::iagree:

Printing this thread out and handing it to her is a good idea, too. At the bottom you can handwrite "now are you going to cut the cr@p? Circle one: Yes or No" haha.

ROFL :iagree: I think Nance has a winning idea! hehehehe I would LOVE to see her face after you handed her that and she read it! hehehehehe

How about a boxing glove on a hinge!!!! POP!!!! sheeesh!!!

She is a NUTTO!

What I would like to know, Jen, after all this is how you manage to not die laughing when you see her coming?

Seriously, If I were Jen, I'd be giggling so hard that mean stroller lady would think I was a bit off.

And oh my goodness, I can't believe I keep reading this thread. :D

Jen, please DO carry a big bag tomorrow on your left shoulder. She needs to respect your space.