Menu

Please pray for me

I don't know where you are, but I pray that spring gets in your spirit soon. I am amazed at the visceral response I have to good weather, beautiful, breathtaking flowers, and green trees. February beats me down, but once the green comes out I literally can feel my spirit lifting.

I don't know where you are, but I pray that spring gets in your spirit soon. I am amazed at the visceral response I have to good weather, beautiful, breathtaking flowers, and green trees. February beats me down, but once the green comes out I literally can feel my spirit lifting.

Thank you! I will try to work in the yard and garden and focus on the beauty of nature.

March (and February) is often a weird time at our house, for everyone. I imagine there are fluctuating hormone levels that do a number on our moods. I also feel better if I spend lots of time outside, and it helps me if I focus on making something better (e.g. clean out closets, learn to cook a few new meals, plant a few flowers, walk every day, etc.) Of course, that's hard to do once you start to feel down :grouphug:

Edited by Kebo

This could be a clue to something causing the depression. If it starts in March, I would strongly suspect allergies. If you have them and they are untreated, they can make you miserable in a host of ways that I would never have suspected.

:grouphug: I hope you feel better.

I agree. It could also be a vitamin D deficiency from being stuck inside all winter. It could be any number of things. God can provide great comfort and solace. However, God has also provided us with lots of modern medicine to help us when we might need it. I would urge you to seek more tangible help, in addition to seeking spiritual solace. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying for you!

I'm so sorry you're going through such a rough time. If there's anything specific you need to vent about, please don't hesitate to do it here. And of course, if there's any way we can help you through this, just ask. :grouphug:

Thank you so much for your support and warm words. My FIL just drove us to our dental appointment after teaching chemistry to the boys. I made an appointment to see a doctor. I had my first depression, a very bad one, when I was 24, that led me to study the Bible and become a follower of Christ. Over the years I have been struggling with D and 4 years ago I had a bad one and was on modes for a few months. I think I need to take meds more long term.

Thank you and I will try to update. Keep praying please. Itis comforting to know people are praying and God is working. I started to read Nancy Lee Demoss's 30 day gratitude Challenge yesterday and am trying to look up to Jesus for hope and strength.

I told dh about my depression. He is very supportive and loving.

I am very thankful that the Lord put me in such a wonderful family. I immigrated to the u. S. to marry dh, who taught English inmy home country for two years and was my co-worker. I came a month after I lost my sister, who was like a mother to me since my mom died when I was 16. My parents in law are more dear to me than my own parents. They are very loving and supportive.

I still feel no interest in doing anything and am very anxious. If feel as if l was wrapped in a dark cloud.

My mom had depression for a year when she lost her first dh in prison and she had to care for four young kids on her own.

Since I had several bouts of it, I am now willing to take antidepressant long term. I just need to find the right kind for me.

Thank you for listening. If you have any antidepressant recommendation, please let me know. Ian also going to meet a woman from my church who is a biblical counsellor.

Depression is such a horrible place to be. :( Praying you find something to help you very soon. Remember, Christians get depressed too, and it has nothing to do with your walk with God or how valuable you are as a person. We get ill in other parts of our body, and our brain is just a part that sometimes gets ill.

I will pray for you right now as you are going through this hard time. Hopefully the DR will have some answers to your problems.

When you talk to him about meds, just make sure the med has been around for a while, true and tested. That way you do not have to worry about "Unknown" side effects that happen down the road.

Just remember, you are very valuable to your family.

:grouphug: and prayers to you!!

I am amazed at the visceral response I have to good weather, beautiful, breathtaking flowers, and green trees. February beats me down, but once the green comes out I literally can feel my spirit lifting.

:iagree:

I don't know where you are, but I pray that spring gets in your spirit soon.

:grouphug: Me too! :001_smile:

Depression is such a horrible place to be. :( Praying you find something to help you very soon. Remember, Christians get depressed too, and it has nothing to do with your walk with God or how valuable you are as a person. We get ill in other parts of our body, and our brain is just a part that sometimes gets ill.

I will pray for you right now as you are going through this hard time. Hopefully the DR will have some answers to your problems.

When you talk to him about meds, just make sure the med has been around for a while, true and tested. That way you do not have to worry about "Unknown" side effects that happen down the road.

Just remember, you are very valuable to your family.

:grouphug: and prayers to you!!

I am greatly encouraged by what you and the other kind ladies said.

All your prayers are working! God is faithful. Today I am feeling quite light and capable and normal and better than the last two weeks! I will see a doctor tomorrow about medication.

I do encounter Christians who never have depression who think it is all spiritual and think it is caused by unbelief. Some also don't believe in medication for depression. Some who do have depression choose to tough it out, believing if God allows it to happen, they should just bear it willingly. So what you said is really reassuring. I no longer feel pressured to do what others do about certain things because what works for one person doesn't work for another. Thank you all!

Edited by aomom