Menu

S/O Which Way Do You Stir...

Do you load your silverware handles up or handles down?  

1. 1. Do you load your silverware handles up or handles down?

• Handles up?
    • Handles down?

I usually do handles up. It kind of grosses me out to watch the clean silverware be unloaded and handled by the portion that goes in my mouth.

Your silverware caddy must sit in the bottom rack. I would feel the same if ours did, but it's mounted in the door. We put the caddy of clean silverware on the counter right above the silverware drawer, then open the caddy and unload by the handles.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I read that the bacteria & whatever in the water drips down the silverware then settles, I didn't want that left on the part that goes in my mouth. (Although I use the sanitizing cycle on mine, so it probably doesn't matter anyway...:lol:) I have one that mounts on the door, so we unload them by the handles.

I need an "other" I try to do half and half.... In my mind, that would mean the water would have a better chance of hitting everything since it would be more spread out (harder for the spoons and forks to nest against each other).

:iagree:

but knives are always handles up