Menu

TeA time?

The TeA thread was enlightening....and I haven't laughed so hard in ages. But I still don't know what TeA actually stands for. Anybody want to clue me in?

Okay, so now I have to ask...how often do you have tea time at your house? I swear I would be okay with 3 or 4 times a YEAR. I take it from the other thread that is not the norm. So what is the norm??? Monthly, weekly, every day??? Anybody willing to answer?

It's not an acronym, if that's what you are asking. It just the WTM board's little code word for sex.

How often? It varies.....for us, a couple times per week, but we do have long dry spells. I have a prolactinoma on my pituitary gland which really kills the whole desire for TeA. I hate that, but I can't tolerate the medication (Parlodel) that was prescribed so I just suck it up.

astrid

It's not an acronym, if that's what you are asking. It just the WTM board's little code word for sex.

How often? It varies.....for us, a couple times per week, but we do have long dry spells. I have a prolactinoma on my pituitary gland which really kills the whole desire for TeA. I hate that, but I can't tolerate the medication (Parlodel) that was prescribed so I just suck it up.

astrid

:lol: Sorry. I'm in 2nd grade or something. :001_huh:

I thought that teA WAS an acronym for

Totally

Energetic

Amore

:tongue_smilie:

Totally

Energetic

Amore

:lol::lol::lol:Well, I think you've hit upon something. I think from now on, that's what it should stand for...or maybe *I'm* in 2nd grade and that's what it has stood for all along.

Edited by Luann in ID

Totally

Energetic

Amore

:lol:

When I first joined the board, I read a TeA thread. I thought it was about tea. Fortunately I caught on rather quickly, before posting about how I enjoy tea every afternoon.

Totally

Energetic

Amore

:lol: Don't feel bad. On Thanksgiving day I was playing an innocent game of Outburst with dh, dd11, ds8, my mil, and mil's boyfriend when a topic came up that left me on the floor with tears in my eyes. The topic? Famous Peters;). Yep. I'm really a 12yo boy.

The TeA thread was enlightening....and I haven't laughed so hard in ages. But I still don't know what TeA actually stands for. Anybody want to clue me in?

Okay, so now I have to ask...how often do you have tea time at your house? I swear I would be okay with 3 or 4 times a YEAR. I take it from the other thread that is not the norm. So what is the norm??? Monthly, weekly, every day??? Anybody willing to answer?

TeA often at our house.

3 or 4 times a YEAR? Wow. Even after 26 years with my XH we had tea several times a week. With my new husband of just one year....more than that. :D

I've never had a very strong liking for tea.....until recently. I got my hormones checked and they were at post menopausal levels even though I'm not there yet. I started some hormone therapy and let me just say, I never knew how much I liked tea. I'd tell you what our frequency is right now, but it might embarrass me. :blushing: Needless, to say, we're making up for lost time.

I've never had a very strong liking for tea.....until recently. I got my hormones checked and they were at post menopausal levels even though I'm not there yet. I started some hormone therapy and let me just say, I never knew how much I liked tea. I'd tell you what our frequency is right now, but it might embarrass me. :blushing: Needless, to say, we're making up for lost time.

Did you go on progesterone or testosterone or what? I have progesterone cream but I haven't noticed a difference in desire for tea. I've always been the type that has to tell myself that tea is good for me, it's good for my husband, and force myself to brew a cup. Once I'm drinking it, I like it fine.:tongue_smilie: But I would like to crave tea. I am probably perimenopausal, but it's been this way my whole marriage, so I don't think that's it. I have discussed it with my doc and we are working on my thyroid right now. She said we will address the hormone issue when the thyroid is better.

Our teA time frequency varies depending on stress level. When the bills are paid with money in the bank its a daily thing. When things are stressful financially it can go down to nothing for weeks. I will admit it's a mental block I have that totally ruins it for us.

When things are good though....oh they are good. ;)

Our teA time frequency varies depending on stress level. When the bills are paid with money in the bank its a daily thing. When things are stressful financially it can go down to nothing for weeks. I will admit it's a mental block I have that totally ruins it for us.

When things are good though....oh they are good. ;)

Wow, if THAT'S not an argument for using coupons I don't know what is!! ;)

Myeightkiddies,....you have my sympathies. :grouphug:

I figured maybe "The explicit Act." Or something like that.

I'm single. Haven't even sat next to a man with clothes on since before my kids were born. (They were adopted.) I have no idea how single moms find the time and energy to date. Then again, I'm over 40, so that could have something to do with it.

I figured maybe "The explicit Act." Or something like that.

I'm single. Haven't even sat next to a man with clothes on since before my kids were born. (They were adopted.) I have no idea how single moms find the time and energy to date. Then again, I'm over 40, so that could have something to do with it.

Um. . . do you commonly sit next to men without your clothes on?:D

Twice weekly. But, due to dh's familial history of prostate cancer, according to the urologist, it's supposed to be 14-21 times per month. I'd be fine with 14, but now that I'm in my mid-40's and falling asleep REALLY EASILY at night and struggling to wake up and fell, well, awake in the mornings until after I've had a couple cups of coffee, it's tougher. Dh has been working a lot of long hours and he is needing a lot more sleep as well. So, with 11, 13, and 14 year old boys in the house, we're having to be creative...I sent them to grandma's one afternoon and told them to rake leaves for an hour for her. :D

So definitely 8 or 9 times a month. But, we should be pretty much every other day. I'm game and would try harder to get that in if poor dh didn't work at night until he's bone tired and then has 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. conference calls 5 mornings week-in, week-out.

I think we'll take a cruise or something when the last child leaves for college. You no, drop him at the dorms, tell him "We love you, but don't call home for 30 days", and go get a nice hotel!!! :lol:

Faith

Wait, what? 14-21 times per month helps with prostate cancer?

Dawn

Twice weekly. But, due to dh's familial history of prostate cancer, according to the urologist, it's supposed to be 14-21 times per month. I'd be fine with 14, but now that I'm in my mid-40's and falling asleep REALLY EASILY at night and struggling to wake up and fell, well, awake in the mornings until after I've had a couple cups of coffee, it's tougher. Dh has been working a lot of long hours and he is needing a lot more sleep as well. So, with 11, 13, and 14 year old boys in the house, we're having to be creative...I sent them to grandma's one afternoon and told them to rake leaves for an hour for her. :D

So definitely 8 or 9 times a month. But, we should be pretty much every other day. I'm game and would try harder to get that in if poor dh didn't work at night until he's bone tired and then has 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. conference calls 5 mornings week-in, week-out.

I think we'll take a cruise or something when the last child leaves for college. You no, drop him at the dorms, tell him "We love you, but don't call home for 30 days", and go get a nice hotel!!! :lol:

Faith

Wait, what? 14-21 times per month helps with prostate cancer?

Dawn

Oh yes, how can I put this...studies have shown that p.cancer is less prevalent in men who are in monogomous (so hopefully no std's), but very active relationships. It has to do with the emptying of, uhm...old ya know as they age, and stimulating the prostate to keep working. According to the urologist, it's a "use it or lose" proposition with that organ which is why it is apparently so prevalent in old age...though in most of those instances it's the so slow growing type that it doesn't even have to be aggressively treated. But, in dh's family, all of the men for the past three generations (and this a heavy BOY family, very few girls born in that line) have had the rather aggressive version of the cancer. His dad and his uncle died of it...metastisized to brain in his uncle and to the bone in his dad. He has one uncle whose was caught VERY early and was treated at Duke and caught very early. It's been 20 years since his treatment and he's going strong. His grandfather had the slower moving kind and ended up living to 89 and dying of heart problems. But, his great-grandfather, according to his great-grandmother, was already having problems in his mid-30's. We don't know what the outcome of that would have been because he died at 35 from a kick in the head by a mule (brain hemmorage) and of course, not much was known about the disease in the mid-1910's, however, it's clear there was an issue. Even on dh's father's maternal side (grandma H's brohters all had prostate cancer...so there's a huge genetic compoenent for dh and his brother.)

So, yep, that's the official recommendation of dh's urologist based on current studies that the frequency keeps the prostate healthy longer.

Faith

Did you go on progesterone or testosterone or what? I have progesterone cream but I haven't noticed a difference in desire for tea. I've always been the type that has to tell myself that tea is good for me, it's good for my husband, and force myself to brew a cup. Once I'm drinking it, I like it fine.:tongue_smilie: But I would like to crave tea. I am probably perimenopausal, but it's been this way my whole marriage, so I don't think that's it. I have discussed it with my doc and we are working on my thyroid right now. She said we will address the hormone issue when the thyroid is better.

I've used progesterone cream for years, but just recently started a little bit of testosterone but I wasn't making ANY. A WORLD of difference!!! I wish I could shout it from the rooftops for every woman (especially if you don't have any desire, have never had any desire, have weird cycles, etc.) to get her hormones tested by a dr knowledgeable in bioidentical hormones. They've changed my life!

Edited by zookeeper
wrong word

Between 5 and 14 times a week.

We're usually making up for lost time because of deployments ;)

Wanted to add - we've always had times of .... lesser activity due to small kids, prenancy, etc. So - in the past in fluctuated quite a bit.

Edited by SailorMom

I've always been the type that has to tell myself that tea is good for me, it's good for my husband, and force myself to brew a cup. Once I'm drinking it, I like it fine.:tongue_smilie: But I would like to crave tea. I am probably perimenopausal, but it's been this way my whole marriage, so I don't think that's it. I have discussed it with my doc and we are working on my thyroid right now. She said we will address the hormone issue when the thyroid is better.

:iagree: that's how it is with me....but I don't have a thyroid problem. Do you think my hormones are not balanced or some such thing. I'm almost 35 and have been like this since our son was born 9 years ago. My dh would love for me to have more interest in tea....any recommendations?

I've never been a strong tea drinker. I drink it because I know it is good for me, and I enjoy it when I'm in the midst of a cup, but I rarely crave it. I aim to have tea time once a week, but I admit that I often don't get around to it. Part of the issue is that DH likes to have a long, drawn-out elaborate tea time, whereas I'd prefer a quick cuppa. ;)

Two years ago, I lost about twenty pounds and got really thin. I felt and looked great, and I happily enjoyed more tea. However, I've gained 10 lbs. since this time last year :glare: and tea time is less appealing again.

We have phrase: When you're first married, it is tri-weekly. When you've got young kids, you try weekly. When you're in your golden years, you try weakly.

We're in that middle stage. =D

We're somewhere between the 2nd & 3rd stages, apparently. :tongue_smilie: And I agree with the poster who said stress levels pay a huge role.

I've never been a strong tea drinker. I drink it because I know it is good for me, and I enjoy it when I'm in the midst of a cup, but I rarely crave it. I aim to have tea time once a week, but I admit that I often don't get around to it. Part of the issue is that DH likes to have a long, drawn-out elaborate tea time, whereas I'd prefer a quick cuppa. ;)

Two years ago, I lost about twenty pounds and got really thin. I felt and looked great, and I happily enjoyed more tea. However, I've gained 10 lbs. since this time last year :glare: and tea time is less appealing again.

I can relate on all points.

Faith

Don't tell my DH...

:leaving:

:iagree: that's how it is with me....but I don't have a thyroid problem. Do you think my hormones are not balanced or some such thing. I'm almost 35 and have been like this since our son was born 9 years ago. My dh would love for me to have more interest in tea....any recommendations?

Sounds like we both ought to get in and get our hormones checked out. I want to, but have crummy insurance and will have to be out of pocket on the testing, so I can't right now.

:grouphug:

Hmmmm...I thought this was suppose to be tri-daily! ;)

My dh would probably say try daily but I prefer the original quote.:)

ETA- For Scarlett and others with similar tea habits I changed the first quote, "When you're first married, it is tri-daily. When you've got young kids, you try daily. When you're in your golden years, it is tri-weekly.:lol:

Edited by Happyhomemama