Menu

How long have you been homeschooling?

DB in NJ

We have been homeschooling since dd, just after her 3rd birthday, insisted that I teach her to read. She is now 12, so that makes it 9 years for us. It was all downhill from there. :D

High school is knocking on our door and it is really stressing me out, but we will make it through that stage as well and I will be crying with you. Be strong!:tongue_smilie:

I've graduated 2, but I'm just finishing my 10th year of homeschooling. I wish I would have homeschooled the other 2 from the beginning, though. I didn't start until the 8th grade year of my oldest. Very difficult to start at that level, but still a good experience.:)

I can't believe we're finishing our 11th year. Where did the time go? And how did my 6 year old little boy go from a first grader to a senior in high school overnight?

I missed it. I must've blinked...

That made me tear up! My 7 year old just lost his front teeth! I can't even imagine high school. Okay, I'm going to go lose myself in a hot fudge sundae...

I supplemented what my children learned in the public schools last year because I didn't like the math curriculum they chose to use. I used to teach math at a University, and I felt like I didn't have to accept their poor choice.

This fall I will be HSing full time. I'm excited. :hurray:

with only 2 dc, I didn't hs for a loooooong time, KWIM? And both started taking classes at the community college when they were 14ish, at which time I pretty much figured I was finished (IOW, we did c.c. instead of high school). But I kept my umbrella school long after we were officially finished hsing, so I feel like I hsed longer than I actually did :D

This will be our sixth year. My eldest will be 13 in July, he went to 1st and 2nd grade, my other 3 have never been to public school(although I sent my now 9 year old to preschool for 8 months when he was 3 and my twins were babies).

Elmeryl

We will be starting our 5th year in the fall. I knew that I wanted to homeschool even before I had children. Those first five years went by soooo slow. I thought I would never have the chance to hs. The last 4 yrs that we have been actually homeschooling have gone by in a blink of an eye. This is very scary to me.

We're in our 7th year with one graduating and my youngest entering 5th grade in the fall! The years do go by fast. Today, I picked up Taz's photo collage for his graduation and held his life story literally in my hands. I watched my newborn baby boy become a young man in still life right before my eyes--a bittersweet moment.

We are finishing up our 7th year also! Lots of 7 year schoolers here! We have done it all ways. We started the kids in public, put them in private Christian school - and then took them out to homeschool these last 7 years. Barring my death or severe health crisis, we're homeschool lifers. And...it will seem that way, since we have a 1 year old and by the time he is 18, I will be 61 years old! ;):lol:

I have 5 children, ages 12-26. We've homeschooled since 1986. I have graduated 3 of my own plus my nephew and my middle son's best friend. I also homeschooled our mailman's daughter when she was in junior high. I only have 2 at home now, but I'm as busy I as was when they were all at home. My oldest ds is working on a triple doctorate, my oldest dd is working on an Elementary Ed degree, and my middle ds works for Avis at the airport fulltime. I have been blessed.

Vicki

I can't believe we're finishing our 11th year. Where did the time go? And how did my 6 year old little boy go from a first grader to a senior in high school overnight?

I missed it. I must've blinked...

:iagree:

We are just finishing our 11th year as well - how is it possible?

I have been homeschooling for 18 years now. My oldest, just turned 4 when we officially started, just graduated from college and started work last week.

The baby is going into the third grade, so I will be doing this for a few more years.